My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

I've got one of those Mistercraft Javelins too. It's a tad basic and seems to be an FAW7, so could be crosskitted with a FROG/Airfix FAW9 to produce some thing unique.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Mossie

Quote from: Rheged on March 20, 2023, 01:32:49 PM
Quote from: Mossie on March 20, 2023, 12:24:13 PMGloster Javelin  I thought I was going in with my eyes open, considering Mistercraft's reputation. 

The Javelin    :o I bought it for kitbash fodder and even then, I might struggle to get something from it. :dalek:

Astound us!   Get a high quality Javelin out of it!

Maybe, but not by building a Javelin from it. I've got other plans...
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Mossie

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 20, 2023, 01:35:33 PMI've got one of those Mistercraft Javelins too. It's a tad basic and seems to be an FAW7, so could be crosskitted with a FROG/Airfix FAW9 to produce some thing unique.

The surface on mine is really rough, but only on the upper surfaces, the lower are quite smooth.  Bizzare.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on March 20, 2023, 10:43:03 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on March 20, 2023, 02:45:28 AMA Meng 1:72 ZTQ-15 light tank; will probably only receive a fictional new livery, I am inclined to make it a Finnish Army tank.  ;D

With Finnish splinter camo Diz ??  👿

Yep. Very simple, but it should look very good and plausible - the ZTQ-15 was designed for forest warfare, so Finnland or Sweden make a lot of sense as operator.  ;D

Wardukw

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on March 21, 2023, 06:03:47 AM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on March 20, 2023, 10:43:03 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on March 20, 2023, 02:45:28 AMA Meng 1:72 ZTQ-15 light tank; will probably only receive a fictional new livery, I am inclined to make it a Finnish Army tank.  ;D

With Finnish splinter camo Diz ??  👿

Yep. Very simple, but it should look very good and plausible - the ZTQ-15 was designed for forest warfare, so Finnland or Sweden make a lot of sense as operator.  ;D
Excellent mate.. ;D ..im liking where this is going in a big way   :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

AeroplaneDriver

A day off with SWMBO today led to a trip to pur closest good hobby shop.  An hour from home but also conveniently close to a record shop she wanted to visit.  I treated myself to a splurge.

AMT Naboo Starfighter
Tamiya 1/48 P-47 D

A LOT of paints and supplies. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Wardukw

Got some goodies today which wasn't expected.
Got two AFV Club sets ..a suspension set for the M3/M5 light tanks and the workable track set too..$20 for both..and I scored a set of Ammo airbrush stencils..for free  ;D
All sets are brand new .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Gondor

Picked up from the corner shop where the UPS courier had drop kicked it by the look of the box  :banghead:

1 x 1/72 Academy Minicraft 2111 Boeing B-29A Superfortress which is to become an RAF Washington

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Wardukw

Found a shop here which sells Vallejo paints and they've got a very nice selection..I will be getting more that's for sure .
I was going to buy a complete set of metallic paints but there's some in the set I'd never use so I just brought the ones I really need ...so I brought these ..
Chainmail sliver x 1
Sliver x2
Black x2
Heavy black gray x 1
Off white x1
Cold gray x 1
 ;D

AeroplaneDriver

From the eBay Fairy...

1/48 Kinetic E-2C Hawkeye.  Likely to be Whiffed as an RN machine had the CATOBAR QE Class gone ahead. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

jcf

Quote from: Mossie on March 20, 2023, 02:46:36 PM
Quote from: Mossie on March 20, 2023, 12:24:13 PMGloster Javelin  I thought I was going in with my eyes open, considering Mistercraft's reputation. 

The Javelin    :o I bought it for kitbash fodder and even then, I might struggle to get something from it. :dalek:

Astound us!  Get a high quality Javelin out of it!

;D ;)

Mossie

To quote a certain man in a hat, "longer wings".  ;D

Pellson

Quote from: Mossie on March 23, 2023, 01:03:26 AMTo quote a certain man in a hat, "longer wings".  ;D

That just might have been done, once or twice..  ;)

Longwing Javelin
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Pellson

Quote from: jcf on March 22, 2023, 09:00:41 PM
Quote from: Mossie on March 20, 2023, 02:46:36 PM

Astound us!  Get a high quality Javelin out of it!

;D ;)

That is a nice drawing..  :wub:

Re the Mistercraft Javelin - I have one tooo, but bought it only for the slipper tanks, actually. Now - this dwg gives the rest a meaning, maybe..
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

The Wooksta!

Revised Sea Vixen wings (spare in the Frog/Novo kit) and Hunter tailplanes.  If you're starting with a Javelin, the intakes would need a slice taking out and I suspect that the forward fuselage would too.  TBH, I'd start with something other than a Javelin, as there'd be very little left by the time you'd be finished.

I don't know what it is with Gloster jets, but they always looked like clunky pieces of junk.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic