My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

I'll stop being all mysterious:

You cannot view this attachment.

It was called the Minimum Conventional Bomber (in this case meaning piloted compared to the Blue Moon un-piloted studies).  It was an RAE study to determine the minimum possible platform to deliver a nuke, prior to the V Bombers. The concept gained some traction but it was felt it wouldn't be adaptable to other roles.

It didn't have any relationship to the Javelin, it just had a very similar fuselage. TSR Joe had a crack at it years back but I don't think he got any further than crafting the wings.  I've borrowed the drawings he found, there are more details in Chris Gibson's BSP4 and Vulcan's Hammer.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

So they planned to carry The Bomb externally then?  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

DogfighterZen

1X Caracal 1/48 Dark Vipers part 3 delivered yesterday from The 48ers in Cyprus, all to be used on future whiffs... :mellow:

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Mossie

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 23, 2023, 05:04:54 AMSo they planned to carry The Bomb externally then?  :o

Yep.  A Blue Danube, big piece of sunshine.  The idea was to cut the bomber down to bare bones, two crew, H2S and the bomb with two Conway's to get it in the air.  It showed some promise as a lighter structure gave some improvements in range & height.  It was compared to Blue Moon, an unmanned guided "bomber" and a larger bomber able to carry non-nuclear stores if required (see the scrap view).  The larger bomber won out  due to it's adaptability and became the V Bombers.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Gondor

Recovered an eBay purchase from the local Postal sorting office on the way home today

1 x 1/72 Valom 72095 F-101C Voodoo but without decals which was why I got it so cheap  :-\

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

Snagged an AZ/KPM Avia CS199 from Kingkit.  Yes, the Eduard is vastly superior, but the former has some nice spares and it's a quicker build, no three piece wheels or tailplanes...

Mind, the Eduard does have some nice spare bits too.  The extra blown canopies in the single seater are ideal.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

In the post today

1 x 1/72 AIR-CRAFT MODELS ACD72002 Washingtons of the Royal Air Force. To go with the Academy B-29 I recently received, next to get will be photo etch for the interior, gunsights and engines, possibly wheels/tyres as well, dont think I will be able to get the Olimp turret/gun set to finish it off.  :-\

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

kitbasher

From the SAM stand at the London Plastic Model show for a tenner, a Special Hobby 1/72 Meteor T.7.

And the chance to catch up with NARSES2 and Nick.  Always a pleasure, gents.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Nick

At today's London Show where I met up with Dave and Chris....

One pair of small pliers
Trumpeter 1/72 E-75 FlakPanzer
HobbyBoss 1/72 Eurofighter Typhoon single seater

NARSES2

At the London Model Show yesterday with Dave & Nick.

A Revell 1/72 F.101 B Voodoo for £7. Still sealed in it's plastic bag within the box and looks very nice, although the instructions looked a bit confusing when I looked at them yesterday.  :unsure: Bought this purely on the advice of a certain Mr Kitbasher  ;)  and am now thinking in terms of possibly doing it as RAAF for the 50's GB although I'm not certain I can legitimately squeeze it into the time frame ? I know they entered USAF service in the late 50's, but would they have sold any so early in its life ?

From the SAM stand a Special Hobby Ju 87D-3 Stuka for £10 and the masking set for £2  :thumbsup:  Italeri kit with some added bits.

Some paints and putty which I was in desperate need of  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Rat

At Heritagecon in Hamilton today, looking for an Airfix Westland Whirlwind fighter. No luck, plan on hold. But I did get an Airfix F-86D, which will probably get leafy roundels, another Gutless Cutlass, the old Revell one, and a Lindberg Hadrosaur/Corythosaurus, which I plan on tinkering with while making a video directed at one of those people who claims that they lived with humans. Yes, I'm a troublemaker.  ;D
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Wardukw

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 26, 2023, 05:20:25 AMAt the London Model Show yesterday with Dave & Nick.

A Revell 1/72 F.101 B Voodoo for £7. Still sealed in it's plastic bag within the box and looks very nice, although the instructions looked a bit confusing when I looked at them yesterday.  :unsure: Bought this purely on the advice of a certain Mr Kitbasher  ;)  and am now thinking in terms of possibly doing it as RAAF for the 50's GB although I'm not certain I can legitimately squeeze it into the time frame ? I know they entered USAF service in the late 50's, but would they have sold any so early in its life ?
Chris I don't see any reason why ya can't use it. .we know that the CF-105 ( epic gorgeous 😍) was being played with in 59 but whos to say in wiffy world that it was...maybe the CF-105 never happened ..and the lovely Canadian folks where working with the US on the 101 ..then Avro Canada was working on their version of the soon the be CF-101 ..the US working on their versions of the 101.
Think Tornadoes or Concorde  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 26, 2023, 05:20:25 AMAt the London Model Show yesterday with Dave & Nick.

From the SAM stand a Special Hobby Ju 87D-3 Stuka for £10 and the masking set for £2  :thumbsup:  Italeri kit with some added bits.

That Revell Voodoo is a gorgeous kit.  As for RAAF in the 50s?  Absolutely plausible.  First flight was '54 and it was in Front Line USAF service in '57.  Considering it was a time when an aircraft type would sometimes go from first flight to squadron service, to retirement or relegation of reserve units in not much more than a decade I think the 57-59 timeframe would be perfectly reasonable for it to make it to RAAF service.  The Hunter entered RAF service in '54 and Sweden took delivery of their first one barely 13 months later. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Wardukw

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on March 26, 2023, 04:10:38 PM

That Revell Voodoo is a gorgeous kit.  As for RAAF in the 50s?  Absolutely plausible.  First flight was '54 and it was in Front Line USAF service in '57.  Considering it was a time when an aircraft type would sometimes go from first flight to squadron service, to retirement or relegation of reserve units in not much more than a decade I think the 57-59 timeframe would be perfectly reasonable for it to make it to RAAF service.  The Hunter entered RAF service in '54 and Sweden took delivery of their first one barely 13 months later. 
^Pretty much what was trying to say only with words which make more sense..thank you Nick 😊🤙
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Thankyou gents re the Voodoo - you've probably made mind up  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.