My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on May 21, 2023, 05:48:22 AM1/25 Revell '68 Dodge Charger R/T.  The Revell Germany boxing which doesn't have the engine choices (no Hemi, just the 440 Magnum).

Oh yeah, is that the same plastic as the Monogram ProModeller RT that I've got?

The 440 Magnum's lovely engine though, as my mate Roger in the US says 'The 440s has real heft!'.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: Spey_Phantom on May 21, 2023, 05:11:45 AMwent to  the Stampe Fly-inn in Antwerp yesterday (celebration of 100 years of the Stampe & Vertongen company and 90 years of the SV.4)
and came home with these:

-Revell 1/72 Fiat C.R.42
-Special Hobby 1/72 SF.260M Marchetti

Total unrelated to modeling but back around 1990-91ish I was part of a group of three guys who looked seriously at buying one of the Stampe SV.4s that was used in the movie "High Road To China".  We ultimately decided against it because it was in many pieces and hadn't flown in a good few years and finding all the parts for a restoration was going to be an ordeal.  Neat old airplane though. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 21, 2023, 12:47:44 PM
Quote from: zenrat on May 21, 2023, 05:48:22 AM1/25 Revell '68 Dodge Charger R/T.  The Revell Germany boxing which doesn't have the engine choices (no Hemi, just the 440 Magnum).

Oh yeah, is that the same plastic as the Monogram ProModeller RT that I've got?

No.  Promodelller kit is a '69.  Body has a vinyl top moulded on.  Moulds date from '87.
This kit is a '68.  It has a plain roof.  Moulds date from 2008.  The first (Revell US) release was boxed as a 2 in 1 with options including both a 440 Magnum and a 426 Hemi.  This is a later (2013) Revell Germany (stupid end opening box) release which dropped any options.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Thanks for that Fred, I didn't know they did BOTH Charger years. I'm glad I've got one of them anyway.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

DogfighterZen

Seems like the CTT(Portuguese mail services) are now returning some packages back to their sender, without even letting them out of the Portuguese Customs incoming warehouse, no attempt to deliver or explanation of why it was sent back...
Sent an email to the store so let's see if they can find out what happened and how this is going to be solved.
It was a set of Bam models' resin CFTs for the Meng Super Bug so, unless resin is not allowed into the country since yesterday, i have no idea why this happened... :banghead:

But on a positive note, i've just ordered from Ammo by Mig online store one the last 2 kits on my 1/48 list, the Great Wall Hobby Mig-29 Fulcrum C 9-13...  This is my favorite Fulcrum variant so i am very happy to finally get one. Only the F-4E left now... :mellow:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

AeroplaneDriver

From the eBay Fairy today, a set of generic 1/48 Ukrainian Air Force markings.  Some destined for my current F-16 build.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Wardukw

In the mail today was a very nice score.
A set of Hobbyboss T-35 heavy tank workable tracks.
What am I gonna do with em.? Absolutely no idea at all but at the price of $12 bloody hard to say no  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 22, 2023, 11:25:05 AMThanks for that Fred, I didn't know they did BOTH Charger years. I'm glad I've got one of them anyway.  :thumbsup:

They also did a '70.  I've not seen one in the flesh but am keeping an eye out.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Dizzyfugu

An Airfix 1:72 Gnat T.1, the new mold. At EUR 8,- I could not resist, even though I have no idea/plan for it yet...  :rolleyes:

2996 Victor

A Dora Wings 1/48 Miles M.9 Master Mk.I from my LMS (I want to support it and hopefully help keep it open :angel:). Not sure yet whether it'll be OOB or (possibly) converted into a single-seat M.24 Panic Fighter.

Cheers,
Mark
Mark's workbench:
Spitfire Mk.I Vichy North Africa - Eduard 1/48
Spitfire PR.XIX Rearward-cockpit - Airfix 1/48
Boulton Paul Valiant Mk.I PR - Airfix 1/48

jcf

QuoteAnd Brian made me buy this very large bag of sprues.  He is a very bad man leading me astray like that.  But as he pointed out, it does have a Blue Steel.
20230521_194512 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

You cannot view this attachment.

The Wooksta!

Looks to be an original release too. Really don't like the plastic in that one as it's very inflexible. 

Tips: buy a lot of filler and whichever insert you use in the bomb bay, you'll need some plastic card to get it level. It is always warped.  And don't bother tarting up the cockpit as A. it's black and B. you can see sod all through the tiny windows.  The crew access hatch doesn't fit flush either.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Snowtrooper

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on May 23, 2023, 06:59:08 AMAn Airfix 1:72 Gnat T.1, the new mold. At EUR 8,- I could not resist, even though I have no idea/plan for it yet...  :rolleyes:
Besides whiffy operators, here's some ideas:
  • RAF aggressor/DACT aircraft, perhaps painted to look like MiG-17 as that one TOPGUN Skyhawk?
  • One of the proposed derivatives (night fighter, naval version, variable geometry, light nuclear bomber that would have been totally competitive with TSR.2)?
  • Finnish Air Force, having just retired the F.2 in the 70's, purchases T.1's instead of Hawks to replace their Fouga Magisters?

zenrat

Quote from: The Wooksta! on May 23, 2023, 10:22:39 AMLooks to be an original release too. Really don't like the plastic in that one as it's very inflexible. 

Tips: buy a lot of filler and whichever insert you use in the bomb bay, you'll need some plastic card to get it level. It is always warped.  And don't bother tarting up the cockpit as A. it's black and B. you can see sod all through the tiny windows.  The crew access hatch doesn't fit flush either.

Thank you Lee.
 :thumbsup:
Fred

The Wooksta!

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic