My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2996 Victor

These arrived from KingKit this morning. One will eventually be a silver wings Real World build, the other probably a Fury Monoplane, but more like something that might have been tendered for Air Ministry Specification F7/30, rather than the "actual" Fury Monoplane of 1933. The kit is quite an ancient one, so details are a bit below modern par ;D but its supposed to be pretty accurate in outline and I'm sure it will stand a bit of titivation!

Cheers,
Mark
Mark's workbench:
Spitfire Mk.I Vichy North Africa - Eduard 1/48
Spitfire PR.XIX Rearward-cockpit - Airfix 1/48
Boulton Paul Valiant Mk.I PR - Airfix 1/48

NARSES2

Quote from: 2996 Victor on May 23, 2023, 07:50:32 AMA Dora Wings 1/48 Miles M.9 Master Mk.I from my LMS (I want to support it and hopefully help keep it open :angel:). Not sure yet whether it'll be OOB or (possibly) converted into a single-seat M.24 Panic Fighter.

Cheers,
Mark

Interesting idea re the Panic Fighter.  Back in 2017 I built the AZ Magister as an "emergency anti-invasion bomber", armed with a pair of 50lb bombs and a mustard gas dispenser. That June through December 40 period is open for lots of "quick and dirty" ideas.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

2996 Victor

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 24, 2023, 05:57:52 AMInteresting idea re the Panic Fighter.  Back in 2017 I built the AZ Magister as an "emergency anti-invasion bomber", armed with a pair of 50lb bombs and a mustard gas dispenser. That June through December 40 period is open for lots of "quick and dirty" ideas.
Sounds interesting - are there any pics on the Forum?

With the M.24 Panic Fighter, apparently some were built - sources vary but most say 26 in total, but they were never armed and went to FTSs. They were planned to have six 0.303"s, but I read somewhere that the consensus was that firing them would have destroyed the wings!

Some info here:
M.24 Fighter
Note the faired over rear cockpit.
Mark's workbench:

Old Wombat

A bunch of, mostly, resin detail/improvement sets are waiting to be collected at the Post Office*;

1 x Veteran Models 1/350 British Naval MK-8 Mod-1 4.5'' Gun (1pc) & 30mm DS30M MK-2 Gun (2pcs) (VTM35041) - for modifying some of my ships, when I finally get around to them.
1 x ET Models 1/35 US ARMY M1151 Enhanced Armament Carrier Weighted Road Wheels for Academy (ET ER35-026)
1 x ET Models 1/35 German Fennek LGS Weighted Road Wheels for Trumpeter kit (ET ER35-059)
1 x DEF Model 1/35 Civilian Pick-up Truck [a.k.a. Toyota Hilux] Sagged Wheels Set 2 for Meng Model kits VS-001/VS002(5 wheels) (DEF-DW35043)
1 x AFV Club 1/35 IDF 1/4 TON 4x4 Anti-tank Missile Vehicle M38A1/CJ5 "Orev" (AFV-AF35S97) - an M38 "jeep" with a TOW launcher
1 x IBG Models 1/72 Bedford QL Refueller (IBG72082) - for putting with my 1/72 scale aircraft builds
1 x IBG Models 1/72 Chevrolet C15A No.13 Australian Pattern Wireless/Signals (IBG72015) - for putting with my 1/72 scale aircraft builds
1 x IBG Models 1/72 Chevrolet C15A No.11 Cab Personnel Lorry (2H1 Composite Wood & Steel Body) (IBG72017) - for putting with my 1/72 scale aircraft builds

[*: No street delivery here in the wilds, matey! ;)  :thumbsup: ]

Also on their way, but not here yet;

1 x MiniArt Models 1/35 StuG III Ausf. G March 1943 Alkett (MA35336) - not a Nazi fanboy but the Germans did produce some very good armour early on but it was forced to stay in service long past obsolescence (luckily)
1 x Border Model 1/35 PzKpfw. IV Ausf. H Early/Mid (1 kit & 4 figures) (BORDER-BT-005) - not a Nazi fanboy but the Germans did produce some very good armour early on but it was forced to stay in service long past obsolescence (luckily)
2 x Star Decals 1/35 Decals for War in Ukraine #4 Ukrainian T-64 mix in 2022 war (STAR-35-C1356) -  to give me some more markings to play with for my Ukrainian Merkava IV
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

2996 Victor

Quote from: 2996 Victor on May 24, 2023, 04:59:46 AMThese arrived from KingKit this morning. One will eventually be a silver wings Real World build, the other probably a Fury Monoplane, but more like something that might have been tendered for Air Ministry Specification F7/30, rather than the "actual" Fury Monoplane of 1933. The kit is quite an ancient one, so details are a bit below modern par ;D but its supposed to be pretty accurate in outline and I'm sure it will stand a bit of titivation!

Cheers,
Mark

Crikey, that was fast (and Fury-ous?)! Seriously, though, its basic but actually the detail is pretty good although fabric is a bit overdone. Should be fun!
Mark's workbench:

NARSES2

Quote from: 2996 Victor on May 24, 2023, 06:40:49 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on May 24, 2023, 05:57:52 AMInteresting idea re the Panic Fighter.  Back in 2017 I built the AZ Magister as an "emergency anti-invasion bomber", armed with a pair of 50lb bombs and a mustard gas dispenser. That June through December 40 period is open for lots of "quick and dirty" ideas.

Unfortunately the original pictures have disappeared (changes to hosting sites) but here's some of them.

You cannot view this attachment.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

2996 Victor

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 24, 2023, 07:32:30 AM
Quote from: 2996 Victor on May 24, 2023, 06:40:49 AM

Unfortunately the original pictures have disappeared (changes to hosting sites) but here's some of them.

That's excellent, I really like it! And a very plausible modification in desperate times. Thanks for sharing the pics :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Mark
Mark's workbench:

jcf

Master with the fixed undercarriage of the M.20 fighter prototype and the rear seat turned into a gunner's position. A single Vickers K gun, because we wouldn't want to over-gun it. 
;)

Mossie

Pegasus did a kit of the M.24 Master fighter.  I've got one in the stash somewhere.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

DogfighterZen

Quote from: DogfighterZen on May 22, 2023, 01:20:16 PMSeems like the CTT(Portuguese mail services) are now returning some packages back to their sender, without even letting them out of the Portuguese Customs incoming warehouse, no attempt to deliver or explanation of why it was sent back...
Sent an email to the store so let's see if they can find out what happened and how this is going to be solved.
It was a set of Bam models' resin CFTs for the Meng Super Bug so, unless resin is not allowed into the country since yesterday, i have no idea why this happened... :banghead:

But on a positive note, i've just ordered from Ammo by Mig online store one the last 2 kits on my 1/48 list, the Great Wall Hobby Mig-29 Fulcrum C 9-13...  This is my favorite Fulcrum variant so i am very happy to finally get one. Only the F-4E left now... :mellow:

Progress on the returned package situation, the store is sending it again and will be asking the CTT for an explanation...

Mig-29 landed today... 

And last night i ordered the Meng 1/48 F-4E, it was the cheapest i've found so far and on top of that it was on discount so it had 9€ off the normal price... still expensive at 65€ but it's the Phantom and i really wanted a big one!  ;D Still cheaper than the Tamiya F-4 kits and they don't do the long nose so i bit the bullet... and BTW, i also have the Hasegawa 1/48 Mitsubishi F-2A KAI on order... :angel:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

2996 Victor

Quote from: jcf on May 24, 2023, 11:29:26 AMMaster with the fixed undercarriage of the M.20 fighter prototype and the rear seat turned into a gunner's position. A single Vickers K gun, because we wouldn't want to over-gun it.
;)
Like it! :thumbsup: The Master trainer had a single fixed forward-firing Browning as well.

Quote from: Mossie on May 24, 2023, 11:48:23 AMPegasus did a kit of the M.24 Master fighter.  I've got one in the stash somewhere.
Heard of that kit, but never seen one.....
Mark's workbench:

The Wooksta!

They're not hard to find.  Most buy them and then pass them on as they're perceived to be too hard ie not shake and bake.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

2996 Victor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on May 25, 2023, 01:39:39 AMThey're not hard to find.  Most buy them and then pass them on as they're perceived to be too hard ie not shake and bake.
Thanks - I might keep an eye out for one, even though I'm building 1/48 now :thumbsup:
Mark's workbench:

The Wooksta!

I might have a spare I can pass on, but don't get your hopes up as my stash is so large, utterly disorganised and alsolsplit over two locations, it could be anywhere.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

2996 Victor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on May 25, 2023, 02:05:34 AMI might have a spare I can pass on, but don't get your hopes up as my stash is so large, utterly disorganised and alsolsplit over two locations, it could be anywhere.

That'd be great, but don't go digging specially - there's absolutely no rush! :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Mark
Mark's workbench: