My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

I'm trimming it down so might find one in the secondary stash later.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

2996 Victor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on May 25, 2023, 02:49:22 AMI'm trimming it down so might find one in the secondary stash later.
:thumbsup:
Mark's workbench:
Spitfire Mk.I Vichy North Africa - Eduard 1/48
Spitfire PR.XIX Rearward-cockpit - Airfix 1/48
Boulton Paul Valiant Mk.I PR - Airfix 1/48

PR19_Kit

Dropped into the local Hobbycraft (I'm MILES from an LHS at the mo..........) for some more Revell Contacta Pro glue, which nowadays comes on a HUGE carboard backing plate for some reasin.  :banghead:

At the same time I picked up some masking tape of various widths, a couple of cubes of Revell paint and a couple of tubs of Tamiya similar. While I was collecting that lot a 1/72 Italeri F-35B kit hurled itself off the shelf and into my shopping basket!  :o

You just can't trust these kits these days. :(

On the way back I thought of a way to Whiff it though, so all is not lost. It WON'T be grey though!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

2996 Victor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 25, 2023, 10:03:14 AMAt the same time I picked up some masking tape of various widths, a couple of cubes of Revell paint and a couple of tubs of Tamiya similar. While I was collecting that lot a 1/72 Italeri F-35B kit hurled itself off the shelf and into my shopping basket!  :o
Don't you just hate it when that happens? :wacko:
Mark's workbench:

scooter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 25, 2023, 10:03:14 AMOn the way back I thought of a way to Whiff it though, so all is not lost. It WON'T be grey though!
825 Squadron from HMS Victorious, May 1941?
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

Quote from: 2996 Victor on May 25, 2023, 10:21:25 AMDon't you just hate it when that happens? :wacko:

Absolutely, you can't trust ANYthing these days!

Quote from: scooter on May 25, 2023, 10:25:22 AM825 Squadron from HMS Victorious, May 1941?

Not quite, but something on similar lines anyway.  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

I just scored a plane ive wanted for at least 20yrs. .a Grumman Tigercat.
It's a AMT 48th scale one..now I've got no idea how good this kit might be but I'm gonna sort it ..oh it also comes with a AM set of resin wheels.
Happy I got this ...at last  ;D  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

2996 Victor

Quote from: Wardukw on May 26, 2023, 12:10:46 AMI just scored a plane ive wanted for at least 20yrs. .a Grumman Tigercat.
It's a AMT 48th scale one..now I've got no idea how good this kit might be but I'm gonna sort it ..oh it also comes with a AM set of resin wheels.
Good stuff! Always loved the Tiger Cat: it'd be great to see what you do with it!
Mark's workbench:

Wardukw

Quote from: 2996 Victor on May 26, 2023, 12:46:59 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on May 26, 2023, 12:10:46 AMI just scored a plane ive wanted for at least 20yrs. .a Grumman Tigercat.
Good stuff! Always loved the Tiger Cat: it'd be great to see what you do with it!
Mate I'm gonna upgrade its fire power and weather the living hell out of it  ;D
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

2996 Victor

Quote from: Wardukw on May 26, 2023, 12:48:22 AM
Mark's workbench:

Wardukw

Quote from: 2996 Victor on May 26, 2023, 01:04:32 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on May 26, 2023, 12:48:22 AM
😀😀👍

McColm

Awaiting delivery of 2 x 1/72 Quckboost Hamilton four blade propellers,  two tubes of Revell putty/filler. For my flat insect window and door screens. I'm pleased with the magnetic edging fly screen which is why I ordered another one for the kitchen window. As to the balcony door this will have one half of the two part set as the other door screen will be cut in half so that I can cover the two windows in my hobby room.

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 25, 2023, 11:54:39 AM
Quote from: 2996 Victor on May 25, 2023, 10:21:25 AMDon't you just hate it when that happens? :wacko:

Absolutely, you can't trust ANYthing these days!

Quote from: scooter on May 25, 2023, 10:25:22 AM825 Squadron from HMS Victorious, May 1941?

Not quite, but something on similar lines anyway.  ;)

Longer wings obviously.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: 2996 Victor on May 26, 2023, 12:46:59 AMGood stuff! Always loved the Tiger Cat: it'd be great to see what you do with it!

Always had a liking for it myself. Built at least one and I've got another Monogram 1/72 one in the stash. Always slightly surprised there hasn't been a modern tooling of it.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Didn't Sword do one? I've a Revell boxed Monogram one that'll get Centaurus engines at some point.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic