My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooter

Quote from: zenrat on May 30, 2023, 03:45:40 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on May 29, 2023, 11:43:42 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 26, 2023, 05:53:00 AMA Tigercat with Griffons would be different too.
You evil evil English type person you !!!
Because of your freaking suggestion I've just brought another Mk19 Spitfire from academy just for its Griffon engine because I did some profiling with the Griffon on a Tigercat and it looked bloody epic .

Slippery slope mate.  You'll now be thinking about what to hang off the front of the Spits...

PT-6s
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Gondor

Arrived today fromeBay

1 x 1/72 eduard 2141 Mezek dual combo boxing.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Old Wombat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 26, 2023, 05:53:00 AMA Tigercat with Griffons would be different too.
Because of your freaking suggestion I've just brought another Mk19 Spitfire from academy just for its Griffon engine because I did some profiling with the Griffon on a Tigercat and it looked bloody epic .

Slippery slope mate.  You'll now be thinking about what to hang off the front of the Spits...

Well, he'll have two ex-Tigercat Pratt & Whitney R-2800 Double Wasps floating around, looking for new homes. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Some Evergreen 10 and 20 thou styrene from 'Models4Sale', which are handily 6-7 miles from my 'country home'.  Destined to be the -C wing on my F-35D.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 30, 2023, 06:08:50 AM

Well, he'll have two ex-Tigercat Pratt & Whitney R-2800 Double Wasps floating around, looking for new homes. ;)

Hahaha..there ya go ..reading my mind again ..also got a Fw 190  ;)  ;)
Even tho Fred ..slippery it might be this is the perfect mod for this Tigercat..I wanted to wiff it abit but Kits idea was superb and it's also the perfect mod cause I was going to do this as a RN bird  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Wardukw

OK so I went to Auckland today to visit my FLHS to buy blades ..did expect this ..but here's what else I scored.
This is all 1/48th scale .
Aires F/A -18F Super Hornet resin cockpit set.
Aires A-4M Skyhawk resin cockpit set.
Brassin A-4 E/F weighted wheels.
Wheelliant F-16 C/CJ Fighting Falcon weighted wheels ( GY production for block 40/50/60 )
Eduard RF-4B Phantom cockpit PE set.
Model Alliance limited edition decals for Karman SH-2 Seasprite ..RNZN Markings .
Ratio builder series N scale domestic windows in PE .
Royale Resin weighted wheels for V-22 Osprey.
Resikit SeaKing wheel set .
Airwaves Westland Seaking PE set.
Furball Aero Design F-4C/D/E/F/G tan canopy framing.
Eduard V-22 Osprey Flexible mask set.
Eduard F-16 D flexible mask set.
6 x Montex mini mask sets for .. F-16A/C.. .CH-53E x 2 .. EMB-314 Tucano .. F/A-18F Hornet and a AH-1Z Viper.
$60nz the lot .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

Wardukw

I've already got a home for the A-4 cockpit set Rick and it's not a Skyhawk  ;D

Rick Lowe

Generic enough for any small jet...

Wardukw

Rick Lowe

Wardukw

OK I'll tell you but don't tell anyone else OK.. it's a secret..it's going in a Seafang  ;D

Rick Lowe

Well, and why not!
Have at it, sez I!  :thumbsup:  ;D

Wardukw

Damn skippy matey  ;D   :wacko:
I'm still getting bits for it but it's getting very close 🙃

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Wardukw on May 30, 2023, 09:57:26 PMOK so I went to Auckland today to visit my FLHS to buy blades ..did expect this ..but here's what else I scored.
This is all 1/48th scale .
Aires F/A -18F Super Hornet resin cockpit set.
Aires A-4M Skyhawk resin cockpit set.
Brassin A-4 E/F weighted wheels.
Wheelliant F-16 C/CJ Fighting Falcon weighted wheels ( GY production for block 40/50/60 )
Eduard RF-4B Phantom cockpit PE set.
Model Alliance limited edition decals for Karman SH-2 Seasprite ..RNZN Markings .
Ratio builder series N scale domestic windows in PE .
Royale Resin weighted wheels for V-22 Osprey.
Resikit SeaKing wheel set .
Airwaves Westland Seaking PE set.
Furball Aero Design F-4C/D/E/F/G tan canopy framing.
Eduard V-22 Osprey Flexible mask set.
Eduard F-16 D flexible mask set.
6 x Montex mini mask sets for .. F-16A/C.. .CH-53E x 2 .. EMB-314 Tucano .. F/A-18F Hornet and a AH-1Z Viper.
$60nz the lot .

Ok, so $60nz are 36€... :o  :o  :o  HOW? How are things so cheap there? Just the resin cockpit sets would be more than 40€ final price bought within the EU... and that is after digging through several stores to find the cheapest...  :-\
If stuff was that cheap here, i'd surely have twice as much aftermarket stuff... Just one of the resin cockpit sets you got is over 25€, with shipping included because most Portuguese stores have a very limited selection of aftermarket products... :banghead:

With that said, just the Bam models 1/48 F-18E/F/G CFTs were 35€...  :-\ and finally made it to my house after the second trip from Cyprus to Portugal... :rolleyes:
And ii finally have the big F-4E... :wub:

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"