My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

In the mail today was my parts from Airfix  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:.
Now my lancaster is complete..I think  ;D
And also my second MK19 C Spitfire..now I have 2 Griffon engines for a project :wacko:
It's Kits fault and I'm quite happy about that  :lol:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Dizzyfugu

An Aoshima 1:72 JGSDF Type 60 tank hunter, which is actually a dual kit combo.*
Already have plans for both: one will become a Bundeswehr Waffenträger prototype, the other might be converted into a missile-armed light tank hunter (operator uncertain, but the Bundeswehr is another contender, as well as the US Army).  :mellow:

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on June 01, 2023, 02:37:51 PMI can help here, as I've a spare two gun rear for the Hasegawa kit, as the A-4 I have is going to be converted to an S, with a spare nosecone and a single gun canopy from a G that's going to become a 388L-0, but with Jumo 213s rather than BMW801s.

Thanks' very much Lee!  :thumbsup:  I like the sound of that 388. It's a pity that there are no Jumo 222's available.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

I have a mould for the Toad Jumo 222 cowlings but TBH, it's not too difficult to scratchbodge.

If I remember, I'll cast a few next time I'm casting, as they're handy dump moulds.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Wardukw on June 01, 2023, 07:02:18 PMIt's Kits fault and I'm quite happy about that  :lol:

It always is, OGL's been saying that for DECADES!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

killnoizer

Quote from: The Wooksta! on June 01, 2023, 02:37:51 PMI can help here, as I've a spare two gun rear for the Hasegawa kit, as the A-4 I have is going to be converted to an S, with a spare nosecone and a single gun canopy from a G that's going to become a 388L-0, but with Jumo 213s rather than BMW801s.
WHAT kind of Details you think about ... I so just gimmicks and toys !

You cannot view this attachment.

Trashy modells arrived yesterday ! 
Sweet stuff from far far ago ...
It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

The Wooksta!

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Received today

From Accidental Loggie

2 x 1/72 Italeri T-45's
2 x 1/72 The Aviation Workshop Convern set T-45 Goshawk CS-67
2 x 1/72 Scale Aircraft Conversions T-45A/C Goshawk Landing Gear

Thank you very much Dominic  :thumbsup:

From Starling Models but pointed out to me by Thorvic

1 x 1/600 Upgrade set for Airfix HMS Devonshire STU01
1 x 1/600 twin 4.5" N6 mounts STA93

The level of detail in the parts for the Devonshire is remarkable  :o  The launch assembly for the Sea Slug missile is astounding and the level of detail in general is mind bogelling, which is an understatement.  :blink:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Wardukw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 02, 2023, 04:31:38 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on June 01, 2023, 07:02:18 PMIt's Kits fault and I'm quite happy about that  :lol:

It always is, OGL's been saying that for DECADES!  :o
Ok to be fair I'll bet some ain't your fault but you did mention Griffons on the Tigercat so this was your fault  ;D
And now I have both Spits..I have both engines and I have a build for the Re-engined GB as well .. :thumbsup:
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

I just saw that some firm does the Tigercat in 1/144 too. That's got to look pretty neat.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 02, 2023, 12:47:22 PMI just saw that some firm does the Tigercat in 1/144 too. That's got to look pretty neat.
1/144?? ..my glasses ain't strong enough to even look at that ..be a interesting build tho  ;D

frank2056

I've wanted a 1/35 Land Rover 88 for a long time and even have the chassis plans scaled down to 1/35 to allow me to shorten the Italeri Land Rover 109 chassis. So I just got these from AK Interactive in Spain. Pretty quick delivery as well - just under 2 weeks from Spain to LA:

AK Interactive 1/35 Land Rover 88 Series IIA Rover 8:

AK Interactive 1/35 Land Rover 88 Series IIA Station Wagon:

AK Interactive 1/35 Land Rover 88 Series IIA Crane-Tow Truck:

They are beautiful kits! First thing I'll want to do is measure the chassis and compare it to the Italeri Land Rover 109 chassis, to plan cuts... or scan the parts to 3D print copies for same. Or both.
 I also got free Land Rover keychains.

Wardukw

Quote from: frank2056 on June 02, 2023, 12:59:23 PMI've wanted a 1/35 Land Rover 88 for a long time and even have the chassis plans scaled down to 1/35 to allow me to shorten the Italeri Land Rover 109 chassis. So I just got these from AK Interactive in Spain. Pretty quick delivery as well - just under 2 weeks from Spain to LA:

AK Interactive 1/35 Land Rover 88 Series IIA Rover 8:

AK Interactive 1/35 Land Rover 88 Series IIA Station Wagon:

AK Interactive 1/35 Land Rover 88 Series IIA Crane-Tow Truck:

They are beautiful kits! First thing I'll want to do is measure the chassis and compare it to the Italeri Land Rover 109 chassis, to plan cuts... or scan the parts to 3D print copies for same. Or both.
 I also got free Land Rover keychains.

Nice  ;D
If ya joined all three you'd have a Land Rover 264 :wacko:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Wardukw on June 02, 2023, 01:06:46 PMIf ya joined all three you'd have a Land Rover 264 :wacko:

They've probably done that at Solihull Special Operations.  ;D

Regards
Kit

Accidental Loggie

Quote from: Gondor on June 02, 2023, 06:38:41 AMReceived today

From Accidental Loggie

2 x 1/72 Italeri T-45's
2 x 1/72 The Aviation Workshop Convern set T-45 Goshawk CS-67
2 x 1/72 Scale Aircraft Conversions T-45A/C Goshawk Landing Gear

Thank you very much Dominic  :thumbsup:

From Starling Models but pointed out to me by Thorvic

1 x 1/600 Upgrade set for Airfix HMS Devonshire STU01
1 x 1/600 twin 4.5" N6 mounts STA93

The level of detail in the parts for the Devonshire is remarkable  :o  The launch assembly for the Sea Slug missile is astounding and the level of detail in general is mind bogelling, which is an understatement.  :blink:

Gondor

My absolute pleasure.  I'm looking forward to the end results at some stage.

Dominic
Converte et subvertere