My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Quote from: Pellson on June 08, 2023, 12:35:25 AMAccording to Scalemates, it's the old Italeri sprues, and by the looks of it, I concur. Not a bad thing, though - and I finally got a second set of Durandals for my French Sepecat Leopard. Happy chappy!  :thumbsup:

You should have said about the Durandals as I have loads of them from all the Hasegawa F-111's I have bought over the years.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

zenrat

The Mirage 2000 box art scheme is probly the ugliest tiger meet scheme i've seen.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Nick

I got a strong envelope from Lowestoft today, and paid a strong price for it  ;D

Model Art 72085 - Sea Fury T.20 and SNCASE Aquilon aka DH Venom. French markings for my Demon.

Foxbot digital camo masks for Mig-29 and Su-27
Foxbot 72004 decals for Su-27

The Wooksta!

Picked up very little at Wor Show Sunday gone. Lots there, just nothing on my shopping list or at a price I was willing to pay.

I did get these though.
Revell Heinkel He 70 - will be RW Spain
MPM Fw 189 - RAF communications hack.

I'd rather have the Airfix or ICM 189 kits, as both have separate engine cowlings - the MPM has them integral with the booms - as I want to replace them with Argus As 411s for the Fw 189F, as apparently a few were produced before the line was closed.

The redundant engines will go on a Smer Siebel Si 204A, as the kit has the later engines, although I have a back up plan, ie do it OOB and just  explain it in the write up.

I did manage to flog off 350 notes worth of kits. That goes towards my Telford spending spree.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Not exactly a stash increase, but two extra built models.  I picked up the late Mike McEvoy's 1/72 scale Northrop B-35 and B-49 from Dominic's today.

They're going to take up a LOT of space, width-wise anyway.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Mossie

Quote from: zenrat on June 08, 2023, 03:33:37 AMThe Mirage 2000 box art scheme is probly the ugliest tiger meet scheme i've seen.

Something evil has created a tear in the fabric of time and is crawling through into our dimension.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

zenrat

Quote from: Mossie on June 09, 2023, 04:57:45 AM
Quote from: zenrat on June 08, 2023, 03:33:37 AMThe Mirage 2000 box art scheme is probly the ugliest tiger meet scheme i've seen.

Something evil has created a tear in the fabric of time and is crawling through into our dimension.

:thumbsup:

That or they have a really bad black mould problem.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Pellson

Quote from: Gondor on June 08, 2023, 02:47:12 AMYou should have said about the Durandals as I have loads of them from all the Hasegawa F-111's I have bought over the years.

Gondor

Much appreciated, but it seems I can't get private mail through from the UK any more. Twice, I've had packages tracked all the way to the Swedish PostNord international terminal in Malmoe, and twice, they've just disappeared into thin air once there. Incredibly annoying!

That said, given enough tries, I'm bound to win sooner or later..  ;)

Re the boxart or rather the decals - they're up for grabs, 'cause I ain't gonna use 'em..  ;)
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

zenrat

Quote from: Pellson on June 09, 2023, 06:35:24 AM
Quote from: Gondor on June 08, 2023, 02:47:12 AMYou should have said about the Durandals as I have loads of them from all the Hasegawa F-111's I have bought over the years.

Gondor

Much appreciated, but it seems I can't get private mail through from the UK any more. Twice, I've had packages tracked all the way to the Swedish PostNord international terminal in Malmoe, and twice, they've just disappeared into thin air once there. Incredibly annoying!

That said, given enough tries, I'm bound to win sooner or later..  ;)

Re the boxart or rather the decals - they're up for grabs, 'cause I ain't gonna use 'em..  ;)

Hmmmm, i've had customers posting from Australia to Sweden tell me similar things.
Fred

Pellson

Quote from: zenrat on June 09, 2023, 06:45:50 AMHmmmm, i've had customers posting from Australia to Sweden tell me similar things.  Worrying.

Buying Land Rover parts, I always see to that they're sent via UPS or DHL. That way, we're keeping PostNord out of the equation, and it seem to work. But it is still incredibly annoying!
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Gondor

Quote from: Pellson on June 09, 2023, 06:48:02 AM
Quote from: zenrat on June 09, 2023, 06:45:50 AMHmmmm, i've had customers posting from Australia to Sweden tell me similar things.  Worrying.

Buying Land Rover parts, I always see to that they're sent via UPS or DHL. That way, we're keeping PostNord out of the equation, and it seem to work. But it is still incredibly annoying!

Not impossible to send privately with either company.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Mossie

ICM 1/48 KDA-1 Firebee.  The twin pack, not the one with the trolley.

Simple builds and excellent kit bash fodder, I've had about half a dozen ideas for them.

You cannot view this attachment.

You cannot view this attachment.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

zenrat

Mossie, you couldn't do me a favour could you.
Every time I see those Firebee kits I get ideas about scaleoramaing one into 1/72 but i'm not sure how big they are.
You wouldn't have a 1/72 pilot figure you could photograph next to the Firebee fuselage halves would you?

Please and Thank You.

Fred

Steel Penguin

a small trip to Parabellum
the hobbyboss Scammell Commander
the ICM skycrane
and the Geko Katy ambulance limited edition
a rather expensive fall off the wagon, but it had been pre-budgeted and saved for.  :wacko: 
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Gondor

Received today from Omega Models.com

1 x 1/72 Omega 72 199, V.L. Pyörremyrsky

Bought this because it's a little bit different and TSRJoe put me onto it as he confused this as.

Gondor