My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

A beginners starter set for making epoxy resin & moulds
1/72 Frog Avro Shackleton MR.3
1/72 Italeri C-47 Skytrain

Dizzyfugu

Apparently I have won a Matchbox 1:72 Sea Harrier. Stash™ fodder, but at EUR 9,- I could not resist and noone else wanted it.  :angel:

zenrat

From the evil-bay fairy I got one of these;

Me 109G-6 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

It will provide the fuselage and centre engine for an Me Bf 109.5 trimotor high altitude long range pursuit fighter.  Construction has already started with RLM02 on the interior parts.
Slightly disappointed it doesn't come with the Galland Hood but then I should have expected that as the 3 scheme options shown on the box all have the older variety.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Wooksta!

IIRC the only G to come with both canopies is the Finnish one, as they had some tall tail G-14s with the Erla hood.

109 cockpits were RLM 66 Schwartzgrau from 1941 onwards, the rest of luftwaffe cockpits changed to 66 on the production lines in 1942.

Having discovered the joys of the ill fitting Roden He 111B, I decided to do it all over again and snaffled the C variant airliner.  Almost makes me nostalgic for the Mach Poo Valiant, it's that badly fitting.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

My eBay bought Bv-141 arrived and it's in PEREFCT condition.  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: The Wooksta! on June 27, 2023, 04:14:20 AMIIRC the only G to come with both canopies is the Finnish one, as they had some tall tail G-14s with the Erla hood.

109 cockpits were RLM 66 Schwartzgrau from 1941 onwards, the rest of luftwaffe cockpits changed to 66 on the production lines in 1942.

Having discovered the joys of the ill fitting Roden He 111B, I decided to do it all over again and snaffled the C variant airliner.  Almost makes me nostalgic for the Mach Poo Valiant, it's that badly fitting.

Instruction paint call outs say RLM 02  :banghead: Second coat will be 66 then.
Thanks Lee.
As its a full on whiff the canopy doesn't really matter (nor the paint colour I suppose) I just prefer the look of the later one.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Wardukw

In the mail today..which came in late last night cause of the road closures..opened late at night and closed during the day..very annoying.
Anyway my 48th scale Antonov An-2M Colt came in but best of all I won a 48th Eduard Profipack BF-110  ;D
Here in NZ seeing 1 or 2 Eduard 48th scale  kits on trademe is a surprise..right now there's like 20+ on there ..both sorts..Weekend Edition and there was 3 Profipack 110s..was  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

The Wooksta!

Quote from: zenrat on June 27, 2023, 04:59:57 AM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on June 27, 2023, 04:14:20 AMIIRC the only G to come with both canopies is the Finnish one, as they had some tall tail G-14s with the Erla hood.

Instruction paint call outs say RLM 02  :banghead: Second coat will be 66 then.
Thanks Lee.
As its a full on whiff the canopy doesn't really matter (nor the paint colour I suppose) I just prefer the look of the later one.

Fair point, the Erla hood does look better and makes for some subtle whiffs if applied strategically. I've a hankering for a 109F with one of the training schools with the bigger fin and can Erla hood. I have the AZ/KPM kits to do it, but I've a hankering for the new tool Eduard 109F, simply because I know how good the Eduard kit will be after playing with their Avia S199.
I am doing the said conversion with a Buchon.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

killnoizer

Quote from: Wardukw on June 27, 2023, 02:43:08 PMIn the mail today..which came in late last night cause of the road closures..opened late at night and closed during the day..very annoying.
Anyway my 48th scale Antonov An-2M Colt came in but best of all I won a 48th Eduard Profipack BF-110  ;D
Here in NZ seeing 1 or 2 Eduard 48th scale  kits on trademe is a surprise..right now there's like 20+ on there ..both sorts..Weekend Edition and there was 3 Profipack 110s..was  ;D

World is funny ... yesterday evening a friend offered me a eduard me 110 profi pack in 1:48 . 
It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

Wardukw

Quote from: killnoizer on June 28, 2023, 12:12:44 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on June 27, 2023, 02:43:08 PMIn the mail today..which came in late last night cause of the road closures..opened late at night and closed during the day..very annoying.

World is funny ... yesterday evening a friend offered me a eduard me 110 profi pack in 1:48 . 
That say Small World matey..it would seem so  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Dizzyfugu

cc
Quote from: zenrat on June 27, 2023, 02:49:05 AMFrom the evil-bay fairy I got one of these;

Me 109G-6 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

It will provide the fuselage and centre engine for an Me Bf 109.5 trimotor high altitude long range pursuit fighter.  Construction has already started with RLM02 on the interior parts.
Slightly disappointed it doesn't come with the Galland Hood but then I should have expected that as the 3 scheme options shown on the box all have the older variety.

According to a production list I have, this aircraft came from a Werknummernblock that was manufactured at Regensburg between September and November 1942. Might have been one of the final aircraft with RLM02 factory finish interior, and the change to RLM66 will certainly not have happened over night.

zenrat

Might be true for that specific aircraft Dizz but the AZ instructions are generic covering at least 3 different G variants (G-6 to G-14 with some in between IIRC) and the cockpits assembly stages apply to them all.
As they always say, do your research on your specific subject...

...or just make it up and explain it away in the back story.
I painted 66 over the 02 today.  The resulting patchy grey/black/green finish looks quite good.  I may not bother to add a second coat.  Note to self.  Make new thread for this build.

A box containing an AK 1/35 SWB Landrover tow truck arrived today.
Fred

kitbasher

More goodies direct from Kyiv courtesy of our Ukrainian 'guest's' fiancé:
You cannot view this attachment.

Both look fantastic in the box.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

I've built a couple of Pro resin kits, lovely builds  :thumbsup:  Clear Prop, again nice builds if a little fiddly in places, some tiny (for my fingers anyway) parts.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

On their way from Ukraine:

2 x Print Scale 050-Camo - 1/35 - Pixel camouflage of the Armed Forces of Ukraine (PRS050-CAMO)
2 x Breeze Decals 35-001 - 1/35 - Ukraine digital comuflage pattern (for figures) (BD35-001)

On their way from Melbourne (eventually, the Evelyns are pre-orders):

1 x SOL Model 1/35 Military Pin Up Girl - Evelyn Topless *Pre-Order (SOL-MM427) - only going to use half of this figure
2 x SOL Model 1/35 Military Pin Up Girl - Evelyn *Pre-Order (SOL-MM426) only going to use one and a half of these figures
2 x AFV Club 1/35 WWII British Fuel Tank Set (AFV-AF35258) - Jerry cans & flimsies, useful additions to many vehicles
1 x AK-Interactive 1/35 Land Rover 88 Series IIA Rover 88 (AK-35012) - like I need more 4x4 vehicles in the Wombat Stash
1 x AK-Interactive 1/35 IDF & LAF FJ43 SUV w/Soft Top (AK-35004) - like I need more 4x4 vehicles in the Wombat Stash
1 x AK-Interactive 1/35 UNIMOG S 404 in Middle East [Limited Edition] (AK-35506) - or 4x4 trucks, for that matter
1 x Scale Aircraft Conversion 1/48 SH-3 Sea King Landing Gear for Hasegawa kits (white metal) (SAC-48202) - I'll get the Sea King to put them on one day, will be RW RAN
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est