My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 01, 2023, 04:36:04 AM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 01, 2023, 04:17:55 AMDoubt it, I was the only bidder.  Was yours the one with a photo top box?

Can't remember the photo, but I couldn't get a bid in before it timed out, the 'Confirm your bid' page took AGES to do anything. :(

If I do anything like that, I always have a second window open with the price entered and just have to hit confirm in the final five seconds.  Usually, but not always, beats Auction Sniper.

Just checked, mine was the only bid and I got it for the start price.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on June 30, 2023, 02:53:53 PMFrom nice Mr. Airfix:

2x1/48 Hunter FGA.9/GA.11 with commemorative coin. 

I have to give a little shoutout to Airfix over the Hunter.  I ordered them when I saw the Facebook notification that it was available, something like 50 hours ago.  And now they sit on my front porch an ocean away from Margate.  Pretty impressive.

Looks like they knew you wanted it before you did  ;)

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 30, 2023, 12:32:57 PMShouldn't it be 'ENGELAND!'? It sounds like that when they shouted it anyway.  ;D

More like "INGLAN" in my neck of the woods.  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 01, 2023, 04:17:55 AMWillie gave me a Classicplane Heinkel He 116B.  Very nice it is too, but not sure what I'll be doing with it.

Manchurian Airlines ran a couple of 116As.  I suppose it's possible that the Japanese puppet state of Manchukuo might have acquired a 116B or two as mail planes.    Another possibility is South Africa.  South African Airways operated Junkers 86Z and Ju52 in the late  1930's so I suppose it's possible that they might have been in the market for  German-built  long range mail planes.  SAA aircraft were requisitioned by the S.A. air force in 1939-40  so  allied 116B's would result!    Somewhere in South America........Chile for instance ........might also be a possible buyer.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

kitbasher

The Sarth Effrican Junkers remained in service well into the 1940s.

At the start of my RAF days (1981) I worked with a former Master Navigator who's nav training had been in SA on Ju86s during approx 1944-45.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Nick

After much faffing about with Hannants website and a trip to Colindale, I am now the owner of a pair of AMX Ghibli kits  <_< 
An Airfix DUKW kit somehow followed me home too  ;)

I thought that Hannants would deal with my backorder and send out the 2 kits but that didn't happen. Seems that their order of backorder means that my order sits on their website until I do something about it, whereas I was thinking they would treat it like a pre-order and send it out the minute they got the kits in to keep the customer happy.  :unsure:
On the plus side you get an extra 10% off if you collect from Colindale which brought the price down to £24.29 each.  :thumbsup:

The AMX looks lovely in the box. Lots of detail with fine panel lines and a small amount of etch. Decals are nice and clean with 4 options for Italian squadrons. Sharkmouth too!
Weapons are included - AIM-9L, LGB, Orpheus pod, Litening pod, fuel tanks.
One shall be Italian. Might go Kiwi for the other.

The DUKW is my first idea for the Re-Engine It build. It's about the right size to mount a TF30 engine (with outriggers!). Nice and simple build too.

Wardukw

I've been hunting for a particular aircraft for a wee while now and today I found it on TradeMe and so soon when it arrives ilk have a .
1/48th Italeri V-22 Osprey....again.😀
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Wardukw

The mail is good today..my Eduard BF-110 turned up and this is the most advanced model of this plane ive ever had ..it's amazing..the cockpit details alone makes this one hell of a model  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

The Wooksta!

Received a Breda Ba 65 from Narses.  Always good to see him.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Pellson

Good news about the AMX's, Nick. I'll need a few myself, in due course.  :thumbsup:

Due to other financial priorities, a very rare Stash TM addition sailed in from Evilbay on Saturday in the form of this.

You cannot view this attachment.

But they're getting increasingly rare in my hoods, and this was even well below the usual international asking prices, so I kind of couldn't help myself, could I?

It's my third, actually, which is rather daft as I seriously doubt if I'll ever be able to house even one once completed. And it doesn't get any better as I'm after a fourth one in the long run.  :rolleyes:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

kitbasher

On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

Handy to know where there's a stock of Sentries if we really need one though.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Pellson

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 03, 2023, 07:48:38 AMHandy to know where there's a stock of Sentries if we really need one though.  ;D

And here I was thinking of your loft..  ;)
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Accidental Loggie

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 03, 2023, 07:48:38 AMHandy to know where there's a stock of Sentries if we really need one though.  ;D

And they can always be flogged to the Chileans in due course... :rolleyes:
Converte et subvertere

kitbasher

Quote from: Accidental Loggie on July 03, 2023, 12:43:12 PM

And they can always be flogged to the Chileans in due course... :rolleyes:

They're waiting for the new Xtradecal sheet to be released.

DogfighterZen

Some resin goodies came in today from SuperHobby in Poland...

Quickboost 1/48 F6F-5N Conversion set
         "         1/48 IDF Skyhawk  30mm Defa cannons
Aires 1/48 IDF skyhawk extended engine exhaust
Eduard 1/48 F-16 canopy and wheel mask set for Kinetic F-16A MLU kit
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"