My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 07, 2023, 05:56:52 AMThose old 1/50th and 1/75th scale kits always take my mind back to BMW's in Wimbledon in the 60's. Kit will know what I mean  ;)

Hell yes!

'Why the devil did they do them in THAT scale?' was my usual response, and of course until recently no-one ever DID do them in 1/48 or 1/72!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

A Heller P-47n for just EUR 8,-. Not the best kit with its raised panel lines, but it's an "N" Thunderbolt...  :rolleyes:

The Wooksta!

Couple of bottles of Humbrol acrylic satin varnish. I'd much rather have Xtracrylix but Hannants are out of stock.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitbasher

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 07, 2023, 10:24:48 AMA Heller P-47M for just EUR 8,-. Not the best kit with its raised panel lines, but it's an "M" Thunderbolt...  :rolleyes:

No, more a 'hmmm' 🤔 Thunderbolt.  Not  Heller's finest effort but ideal for whiffery.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Wardukw

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 07, 2023, 05:56:52 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on July 06, 2023, 09:42:00 PMAnd the second one is a Marusan Aichi E13A16 Jake float plane..that was so cheap ..the starting bid as 25 notes and it stayed there..oh its also 1/50th scale  ;D

Those old 1/50th and 1/75th scale kits always take my mind back to BMW's in Wimbledon in the 60's. Kit will know what I mean  ;)

I kinda think this is from the age when the East and West didn't talk to each other much  ;D
Still tho AMT and Renwall brought out some strange arse scaled models .
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

The Wooksta!

I've enjoyed playing with the... challenging Roden Heinkel He 111s so much that I've acquired a trio on eBay - an A, B and C.  The B will end up as a real world Spanish Iberia He 111J, and the C will end up as a radial engined G (RAF captured), although for both I'll need to rewing them with the later straight edge wing.
The A comes with Chinese markings anyway, and I've long had a thought of a Chinese Nationalist one.  So perhaps another real one.

Would still like a few more as I'd like a couple of early Spanish ones and at least one Turkish one.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

jcf

I built the Monogram Dornier when it was first
released back in the '70s. Pretty good for its
era even with its hilariously under scale cockpit.
Don't try putting an even nominally 1/48th scale
pilot in the seat.
🤣

Wardukw

Quote from: jcf on July 07, 2023, 01:31:54 PMI built the Monogram Dornier when it was first
released back in the '70s. Pretty good for its
era even with its hilariously under scale cockpit.
Don't try putting an even nominally 1/48th scale
pilot in the seat.
🤣

😆..oh I'm now thinking captured with no pilot Jon 😅.
The plans say 1974 so yeah you built that before I was 10yrs old 😄
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Weaver

Found myself heading towards work with 20 minutes in hand for various reasons, so I just 'had' (your honor) to stop at the LHS, and when I got to work I found that one of these had followed me:

Remarkable that nobody had noticed it driving though town really...

It's on the model/toy borderline, snap-together with self-coloured plastics and a wind-up motor that I think has more parts than the actual 'model' bits. Hilariously, the motor works by winding up the 'cupola' on top, although, having gone to all that trouble to conceal it, they've then put a damned great 'LOCK' lever sticking ou of one face  :rolleyes: . Detail is dubious: the gun muzzles are solid, there's no hatch or door, and the body is that fake plastic woodgrain that looks exactly like...   fake plastic woodgrain. Scale is 1/uh-huh, but it's about 120mm in diameter which makes 1/72nd kinda credible.

Don't know whether to build it up as-is for a laugh or 'update' it in some way. Victorian sounds attractive, with a smokestack for a steam engine, rivetted steel armour, fewer cannon (the original design had 8 crew manning 16 muzzle-loaders... :o ), more Maxim/Gatling guns and maybe tracks. All at the expense of the clockwork, of course.

The shop's got some of the rest of the range in too.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Not sure I've ever seen that "Da Vinci Series", fascinating. Your lucky to have a LHS, let alone with that in stock  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 08, 2023, 05:14:52 AMNot sure I've ever seen that "Da Vinci Series", fascinating. Your lucky to have a LHS, let alone with that in stock  ;)

It's mainly a model railways shop that benefits from the ride-on miniature railway that lives in the same garden centre. They also have a range of new model kits though, and they buy other people's collections too.

It's a good business model for a bricks'n'mortar hobby shop these days, I feel: free parking, the family can have a meal, mum can go look at the plants and the interior design stuff, the kids get a ride on the train, and having done his dadly duties by the family, dad can slope off to the model shop for a bit... ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Old Wombat

Incoming from BNA Model World:

1 x AFV Club 1/35 Australian Army M113A1 MRV (Medium Reconnaissance Vehicle) (AFV-AF35023) - I'm Australian, it's Australian ;D
1 x Greenstrawberry 1/35 Science Fiction R.U-R Scout & Sniper Full Resin kit w/PE (GSY-135016) - 2nd of this set, rather enjoyed building the first, don't recall any PE, though.

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Mossie

A few bits, some Reskit 1/72 F-16 nozzles and Sparrow missiles, along with some Caracal F-15 decals.  I've now collected everything I need for my Re-engine It GB build.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

jcf

It's more likely that the cannons of the Da Vinci "tank" would have been of the breech loading type of the period.

PR19_Kit

Not one, but TWO Airfix Bv 141 kitd from Bungle's surplus stock arrived today. Top Bloke!  :thumbsup:

Now my Bv 148 project can have some REALLY long wings!  ;D

Oh yes, one's grey and the other's pale blue.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit