My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Quote from: jcf on July 08, 2023, 08:34:35 AMIt's more likely that the cannons of the Da Vinci "tank" would have been of the breech loading type of the period.

Most of the drawings show upto 32 muzzle-loaders (presumably pre-loaded and fired once during an assault), but then again, most of those drawings aren't Da Vinci's, and could just represent modern artists assuming that breech-loading guns wern't available in 1485. Small-calibre breech-loaders obviously make more sense against regular troops in the field.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

DogfighterZen

Unexpected weekend purchases made by my missus while on a trip to Lisbon with a friend who was going to get tattooed. She went by a modelling store by chance and asked me if i needed anything, just as i was going through my wishlist... :angel:

I was lucky enough that they had just the new choice of decals for the current P-40B build i'd lately been thinking of, a roll of Tamiya 10mm masking tape and one 10ml jar of Mr. Hobby H 72.

BTW, yesterday morning i was going through the Warkitstore site, i saw the Zvezda 1/72 Yak-130 Mitten jet trainer on promotion and to get free shipping for it, the Eduard 1/72 F6F-5N Hellcat profipack joined the cart and should be here by Tuesday. :mellow:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

The Wooksta!

Snaffled a few more on eBay:
Italeri Junkers Ju 86E - the engines and nacelles are going into rubber.
Also snagged their Ju 86Z from the same seller.  I would have preferred the Revell one, as it has the radials.
Face Bf 109T - has got to be a better build than the Model News kit.
Airfix Vc 141B - original box and for the start price of a tenner.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Wardukw

My 48th scale  Italeri V-22 Osprey turned up today..glad to have another one..there's plans afoot for this  ;)
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

rickshaw

I recently received today a second hand kit of the M1a1 Abrams kit with a full-width mineplow.   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Wardukw

Quote from: rickshaw on July 10, 2023, 03:31:11 AM

I recently received today a second hand kit of the M1a1 Abrams kit with a full-width mineplow.   :thumbsup:
You'll find thats the Dragon model Rick from times gone bye..it's just not as crisp as the original..ive got a M1A2 from the same company of the Trumpeter version..not a bad model ..to look at anyway  ;D
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Dizzyfugu

Stash fodder, two boxes for the pile(s):
- A Revell 1:72 Hawker Hunter FGA.9 (just EUR 10,-)
- A Dragon 1:72 Panther Ausf. G with additional anti-aircraft armor (also for only EUR 10,-)

Old Wombat

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 08, 2023, 08:29:04 AM1 x AFV Club 1/35 Australian Army M113A1 MRV (Medium Reconnaissance Vehicle) (AFV-AF35023) - I'm Australian, it's Australian ;D

This arrived today & after a quick look in the box before going to bed (start a few night shifts tonight) it looks great! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

And there are more spare M113 bits in there than you can poke a stick at! :o
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kitbasher

Not my regular scale but for several reasons an Airfix 1/48 Hurricane (the A05127A boxing, to be finished as Sgt. Tadeusz Andruszkow's aircraft).
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Wardukw

The mail today was quite good 👍 😊.
I got my Monogram Dornier DO335 and the Marusan Aichi E13 A16 Jake float plane and 11 packets of decals.
The decals are all Kits World apart from one which is Tiger Wings.
There's 2 sheets for Lancasters..1 for a Meteor..2 for B24 Libreators and 5 for B17 Flying Fortresses.
The Tiger Wings is for a F16 A/B Block 20 .
Some Warhammer 40k Tyranid parts turned up ..the Tyranid prime also showed up and to celebrate I brought a Tyranid Sceamer killer and with the extra bits I'm gonna make a pure nightmare of a creature .
Been a pretty good day ☺️

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Wardukw on July 11, 2023, 07:38:41 PMThe mail today was quite good 👍 😊.
I got my Monogram Dornier DO335...

:thumbsup:
Also been thinking of getting one of those 335s but i'll probably end up getting the 1/72 Hobby 2000.
The kits i ordered last Saturday were a day late... comes with living in the countryside...  :rolleyes:

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Wardukw

Rui your mail is only a day late ???? ..it takes over a week here to travel 700kms for mail..actually it's quite normal here for mail to take a week to come from Auckland to where I live ..that's a total of 165kms  :o

That DO335 is from 1974 and it's shows ..it's gonna take some work to make it good ..the cockpits are gonna need a heap of it ..AM seatbelts for sure but all in all it's cool 😎

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Wardukw on July 12, 2023, 12:26:03 PMThat DO335 is from 1974 and it's shows ..it's gonna take some work to make it good ..the cockpits are gonna need a heap of it ..AM seatbelts for sure but all in all it's cool 😎

The Hobby 2000 Do 335 is a reboxed Dragon kit (from 1992), not the vintage Frog or Lindberg kits.

Wardukw

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 12, 2023, 11:40:15 PM
Quote from: Wardukw on July 12, 2023, 12:26:03 PMThat DO335 is from 1974 and it's shows ..it's gonna take some work to make it good ..the cockpits are gonna need a heap of it ..AM seatbelts for sure but all in all it's cool 😎

The Hobby 2000 Do 335 is a reboxed Dragon kit (from 1992), not the vintage Frog or Lindberg kits.
This is from Monogram Dizzy in 48th...I wasn't saying it was the Hobby 2000 kit  <_<

The Wooksta!

The Dragon one is not a nice build and there is very little space for nose weight.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic