My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 13, 2023, 01:51:56 AMThe Dragon one is not a nice build and there is very little space for nose weight.
Funny you mentioned that Lee as I was thinking the same thing this morning and annoyingly it's gonna need quite bit of weight ..im thinking of using bird shot from 12g shotgun rds ..very heavy balls of steel.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Wardukw on July 13, 2023, 01:51:08 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 12, 2023, 11:40:15 PM
Quote from: Wardukw on July 12, 2023, 12:26:03 PMThat DO335 is from 1974 and it's shows ..it's gonna take some work to make it good ..the cockpits are gonna need a heap of it ..AM seatbelts for sure but all in all it's cool 😎

The Hobby 2000 Do 335 is a reboxed Dragon kit (from 1992), not the vintage Frog or Lindberg kits.
This is from Monogram Dizzy in 48th...I wasn't saying it was the Hobby 2000 kit  <_<

Sorry if I got the context wrong!?

zenrat

Quote from: Wardukw on July 13, 2023, 01:57:57 AM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 13, 2023, 01:51:56 AMThe Dragon one is not a nice build and there is very little space for nose weight.
Funny you mentioned that Lee as I was thinking the same thing this morning and annoyingly it's gonna need quite bit of weight ..im thinking of using bird shot from 12g shotgun rds ..very heavy balls of steel.

I have the Platz re-box of the Dragon 1/72 which has white metal front engine, nose wheel, and (presumably because these on their own were not enough) an additional ballast piece.  I wouldn't be surprised if it still needed extra weight.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Wooksta!

The Bv 141 I won on Sunday arrived earlier.  And the nose glazing has an odd crack or separation, so it's effectively useless.

Lovely blue plastic though.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Wardukw on July 12, 2023, 12:26:03 PMRui your mail is only a day late ???? ..it takes over a week here to travel 700kms for mail..actually it's quite normal here for mail to take a week to come from Auckland to where I live ..that's a total of 165kms  :o

That DO335 is from 1974 and it's shows ..it's gonna take some work to make it good ..the cockpits are gonna need a heap of it ..AM seatbelts for sure but all in all it's cool 😎

Well, it was delivered by a carrier so when they say next day delivery, it should be next day, right? Even if it was the Portuguese post service, it wouldn't take more than a couple of days. But i wasn't upset because of one day. it's not a big delay and i'm not bothered as long as the stuff is delivered in proper condition as it left the store. :mellow:

Yeah, i imagine that kit to be a bit of work so if i wanted a 48th kit of that bird, i'd probably get the Tamiya kit, but this one is going to be a 1/72. I just wish they'd release the D0 335 B-2 with the wing cannons... even if it was the 48th Tamiya kit, that one i'd buy for sure.

Thanks for the warning, Lee. Unfortunately, there's not much out there to choose from in 1/72. The HobbyBoss kit needs new propellers according to what i've read so if i got that one, i'd probably have to get Colin's improvement set, but i'm afraid that would make it too expensive, enough to buy the Dragon kit.
The reboxed Dragon kit is really the only option i'm considering at the moment as it's the easiest to find of them all but i may have to wait to see if they release the B-2 kit or instead, buy the available A-0/1 kit and scratchbuild the LE fairings and use brass barrels for the cannons...
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Wardukw

Thomas mate it's all good..no sorry needed  ;D
But reading what Fred said im thinking even the 72nd ones will need a heap of weights to keep that nose down and I'm now thinking of hacking out most of the front engine..it's crap anyway ..that will triple the space ...then I can stuff in small crushed lead fishing weights galore ..problem solved  ;D

Rui that's one thing here we don't really bother with is one day or over night mail delivery..fact it's not even an option on most sties here ..cause it just doesn't work..ive payed for one day delivery and it still took 3 days..we're all kinda used to our mail being crap 🙃 😅
Weirdly the couriers are worse than NZ Post  :lol:

Dude I would love the Tamiya DO335..it's Tamiya so ya know it's gonna be good but not easy to find and I'll bet the price would be ouch! .
I'm gonna upgrade the firepower with mine..it's getting cannons ..more in fact  <_<
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

The Wooksta!

Quote from: DogfighterZen on July 13, 2023, 11:08:20 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on July 12, 2023, 12:26:03 PMRui your mail is only a day late ???? ..it takes over a week here to travel 700kms for mail..actually it's quite normal here for mail to take a week to come from Auckland to where I live ..that's a total of 165kms  :o

That DO335 is from 1974 and it's shows ..it's gonna take some work to make it good ..the cockpits are gonna need a heap of it ..AM seatbelts for sure but all in all it's cool 😎

Well, it was delivered by a carrier so when they say next day delivery, it should be next day, right? Even if it was the Portuguese post service, it wouldn't take more than a couple of days. But i wasn't upset because of one day. it's not a big delay and i'm not bothered as long as the stuff is delivered in proper condition as it left the store. :mellow:

Yeah, i imagine that kit to be a bit of work so if i wanted a 48th kit of that bird, i'd probably get the Tamiya kit, but this one is going to be a 1/72. I just wish they'd release the D0 335 B-2 with the wing cannons... even if it was the 48th Tamiya kit, that one i'd buy for sure.

Thanks for the warning, Lee. Unfortunately, there's not much out there to choose from in 1/72. The HobbyBoss kit needs new propellers according to what i've read so if i got that one, i'd probably have to get Colin's improvement set, but i'm afraid that would make it too expensive, enough to buy the Dragon kit.
The reboxed Dragon kit is really the only option i'm considering at the moment as it's the easiest to find of them all but i may have to wait to see if they release the B-2 kit or instead, buy the available A-0/1 kit and scratchbuild the LE fairings and use brass barrels for the cannons...

Start with chopped down small outboard Hunter drop tanks.  I had that Do 335 B-6 kit a long time back and the fairings were roughly that size.  Aviation News did 72nd plans for the Do 335 which may help.
The Frog/Revell/Matchbox kit has a very good outline, so don't write it off.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

killnoizer

Very nice made kit from ????
I don't know anything about that ,  it was also used in the 70s in the east german air force .

You cannot view this attachment.

It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

The Wooksta!

Given that Bilek had a tie up with Airfix mid 90s, which saw them rebox various kits such as the Whirlwind, Bv 141 and Fairey Battle, it's possibly the old Airfix one, but as they also reboxed Italeri at the same time  (Ju 188 amongst them), could well be Italeri.
Bilek had a reciprocal arrangement with Italeri, so some of their kits ended up in Italeri boxes.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

AeroplaneDriver

From the eBay Fairy, Minicraft 1/144 C-130J.  Destined to donate 2 engines and 4 props for my Re-Engine It GB BAe146 Turboprop Gunship. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Dizzyfugu

The Il-28U is an original Bilek kit, just as the Beagle bomber which was re-boxed by Italeri during the Nineties.

PR19_Kit

I think Bilek re-popped the Airfix standard Il-28 at one point as I had one of each, and the parts were pretty much identical.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Snagged an Airfix He 111P and a Bf 109E new tool at a bargain price - even with post they were a tenner cheaper than the RRP of the Heinkel.  Should be able to claw a fiver back flogging the 109.

Also got some decals from Uncle Frank for Danish Navy Macchi 200s (going on a Gloster F5/34 and an early Hurricane), Spanish Dornier Do 17s and  a quartet of Bf 109Es, but the only one of those I'm interest in is Heydrich's as they're going on his crashed He 112.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Rick Lowe

As others have said, Lee -  thanks for the warning, as I have one in the Stash.
And as Phill mentioned, I will likely be leaving the front engine out and using the resulting space for weight. Crushed lead heads from old roofing nails, or steel BBs, whichever I can make fit at the time.

Wardukw

Quote from: Rick Lowe on July 14, 2023, 03:55:01 PM

As others have said, Lee -  thanks for the warning, as I have one in the Stash.
And as Phill mentioned, I will likely be leaving the front engine out and using the resulting space for weight. Crushed lead heads from old roofing nails, or steel BBs, whichever I can make fit at the time.
Rick I'm gonna cut out that entire engine..glue its cover over it once it's full of lead..it's gonna end up being quite easy ..ish   ;D