My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

I have a box of "stuff" headed my way;

3 x ModelArt 1/35 British AFV Crew (4 figures) (MA37059) - I have a few British AFV's that will need crews.
1 x Reskit 1/48 Sea King (all versions) Wheels for Revell/Hasegawa kits  (RS48-0042) - I don't have it, yet, but, when I do, it'll be RAN ca. 1980-1984.
3 x Eureka XXL 1/35 Ammo Case for 25mm M242 Bushmaster (LAV, Stryker) (EUX-E-077) - I have a fair number of LAV & Stryker kits these will suit.
6 x SKP Models 1/35 Stryker Lenses and Tail Lights for AFV Club/Trumpeter kits (SKP-116) - For the Stryker kits (I'll have to count them, soon, so I get the right number of sets
1 x ET Models 1/35 US Army Stryker Armoured Vehicle Weighted Road Wheels for Trumpeter kit (ET ER35-010) - A few Trumpeter kits.
1 x DEF Model 1/35 US M1296 Stryker Dragoon Sagged Wheel set for AFV Club kits (DEF-DW35114) - Some more AFV Club kits.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Oh those ET and Def wheels are nice Guy..I uses a set from DEF Model for a BM-21 I built for a mate..beautiful they was  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

Quote from: Wardukw on July 15, 2023, 11:21:28 AMOh those ET and Def wheels are nice Guy..I uses a set from DEF Model for a BM-21 I built for a mate..beautiful they was  ;D

Yep, they are.

Used a few when I built this:

;D

Wardukw

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 15, 2023, 11:26:30 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on July 15, 2023, 11:21:28 AMOh those ET and Def wheels are nice Guy..I uses a set from DEF Model for a BM-21 I built for a mate..beautiful they was  ;D

Yep, they are.

Used a few when I built this:

;D

Ummm yeah like 3 complete sets  ;D  ;D
Well worth the coin 🪙 😉
I've got some ET wheel sets...like the wheel set for the M1000 trailer for the Hobbyboss M1070 HET tank transporter and for the truck too ..but those got used on my 8x8 gun truck  ;D
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Wardukw on July 15, 2023, 11:37:22 AMI've got some ET wheel sets...like the wheel set for the M1000 trailer for the Hobbyboss M1070 HET tank transporter and for the truck too

Oooh, where do you get those wheels from please? I have that M1070 kit to convert to the Brit Army version so it could carry my Chally 2...........................eventually.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 15, 2023, 11:50:38 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on July 15, 2023, 11:37:22 AMI've got some ET wheel sets...like the wheel set for the M1000 trailer for the Hobbyboss M1070 HET tank transporter and for the truck too

Oooh, where do you get those wheels from please? I have that M1070 kit to convert to the Brit Army version so it could carry my Chally 2...........................eventually.
Hahaha yup eventually 😅
These wheels were from Hobbyeasy I believe Kit...but that was yrs ago now..they can still be found on Ebay ..BNA in Aussie have em and Elixpress have em too ..so there out there still . :thumbsup:
Orrrr you could get them directly from ET Model themselves 😊

Wardukw

Just won 3 auctions ..all from the same seller .
Won 2 sets of AeroBonus 1/48 US Navy Triple Ejector Rack TER-7 (A/A37B-5)
And Paragon 1/48 resin Python 3 AAMs (2 x).
These ive already got a plane for  ;D

Wardukw

Guys I have now had a great day ..a plane ive wanted for ages and has been far to expensive to buy just fell into my lap ..a Hasegawa 1/48 RF-4E Phantom II JASDF  but wait there's more..also included is Eduard 1/48 F-4 Phantom II photo-etch upgrade set
Aires 1/48 F-4 Phantom II wheel bay set
Aires 1/48 F-14A Tomcat Opened Exhaust Nozzles
Price..$100nz the lot . ;D  :thumbsup:

The Wooksta!

Snaffled a pair of Heller He 112Bs off eBay, which should take care of my planned Austrian and Dutch aircraft.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Old Wombat

Quote from: Wardukw on July 17, 2023, 01:26:46 AMGuys I have now had a great day ..a plane ive wanted for ages and has been far to expensive to buy just fell into my lap ..a Hasegawa 1/48 RF-4E Phantom II JASDF  but wait there's more..also included is Eduard 1/48 F-4 Phantom II photo-etch upgrade set
Aires 1/48 F-4 Phantom II wheel bay set
Aires 1/48 F-14A Tomcat Opened Exhaust Nozzles
Price..$100nz the lot . ;D  :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

The Wooksta!

Didn't win an intended auction, so snaffled a Mistercraft Bf 108 instead. It's the Heller kit inside, but with a big decal sheet.

Then club night and one member brings in several kits that are being sold for charity, one of which was an Airfix Lightning F2A for £8. I quite happily handed over a tenner.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

DogfighterZen

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 13, 2023, 12:48:33 PM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on July 13, 2023, 11:08:20 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on July 12, 2023, 12:26:03 PMRui your mail is only a day late ???? ..it takes over a week here to travel 700kms for mail..actually it's quite normal here for mail to take a week to come from Auckland to where I live ..that's a total of 165kms  :o

That DO335 is from 1974 and it's shows ..it's gonna take some work to make it good ..the cockpits are gonna need a heap of it ..AM seatbelts for sure but all in all it's cool 😎

Well, it was delivered by a carrier so when they say next day delivery, it should be next day, right? Even if it was the Portuguese post service, it wouldn't take more than a couple of days. But i wasn't upset because of one day. it's not a big delay and i'm not bothered as long as the stuff is delivered in proper condition as it left the store. :mellow:

Yeah, i imagine that kit to be a bit of work so if i wanted a 48th kit of that bird, i'd probably get the Tamiya kit, but this one is going to be a 1/72. I just wish they'd release the D0 335 B-2 with the wing cannons... even if it was the 48th Tamiya kit, that one i'd buy for sure.

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 13, 2023, 01:51:56 AMThe Dragon one is not a nice build and there is very little space for nose weight.

Thanks for the warning, Lee. Unfortunately, there's not much out there to choose from in 1/72. The HobbyBoss kit needs new propellers according to what i've read so if i got that one, i'd probably have to get Colin's improvement set, but i'm afraid that would make it too expensive, enough to buy the Dragon kit.
The reboxed Dragon kit is really the only option i'm considering at the moment as it's the easiest to find of them all but i may have to wait to see if they release the B-2 kit or instead, buy the available A-0/1 kit and scratchbuild the LE fairings and use brass barrels for the cannons...

Start with chopped down small outboard Hunter drop tanks.  I had that Do 335 B-6 kit a long time back and the fairings were roughly that size.  Aviation News did 72nd plans for the Do 335 which may help.
The Frog/Revell/Matchbox kit has a very good outline, so don't write it off.

Good tip, thanks for that, Lee!  :thumbsup:  I could only find the two seat version of the Frog/Revell/Matchbox kit and i want the single seat one. Anyway, most of the kits i found on ebay would come out more expensive than the H2000 box of the Dragon kit so, as these are readily available right now, that's what i'll probably buy,
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

The Wooksta!

The Frog Do335 was always a two seater, it never had a single seat option.  However, it was a nice enough whiff from the box with the night fighter option.

Lindberg did a *very* basic and rivetty single seater but I wouldn't bother with it.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 18, 2023, 12:51:26 PMLindberg did a *very* basic and rivetty single seater but I wouldn't bother with it.

I've still got TWO of them.  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

That monogram DO 335 has the option to build either a single or twin seater..im gonna build it as a twin seater night figther with a increase in bang bangs  :wacko: