My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

I have built/whacked up two of them so far (IIRC), and never had construction issues.  :mellow:

kitbasher

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 20, 2023, 11:13:23 PMI have built/whacked up two of them so far (IIRC), and never had construction issues.  :mellow:

Ditto
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

All four of my PR19 variants came from M'Box Meteor kits. I'm tempted to try one from the Special Hobby 14 though.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

I've built four over the years and never enjoyed it.  The fit is sloppy, loose, and trying to get rid of that join line in the fuselage...

Anyway, eBay says I've won the Revellogawa Heinkel He 111H I was bidding on. Going RW Czech or Spain.  The one below from that oddball met flight unit is top of the list, as most think only of the Spanish Heinkel with Merlin engines, whereas they had Jumos until at least the mid 50s.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 21, 2023, 05:36:28 AMMore decals needed?   ;D

Possibly for the He 111J, I think I have the right ones for the H. And the Czech one is available as a sheet anyway.

The J's ended looking similar to the H - I've a photo of one of the J's behind the H above and it's wearing the same codes.  May end up doing three of these as it's just so unusual.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Rheged

Met flight aircraft are always good for whiffery.   A very convincing backstory can be built  from virtually any aircraft (or balloon ) from about 1860 onwards
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

The Wooksta!

The RAF had met flight Mosquitoes and there were proposals for met flight Lincolns and Shattipuss mk.Is

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Pellson

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 20, 2023, 08:39:04 AM.. The Matchbox Meteor is a vile build, with endless sink holes and fit issues. No trenches, just restrained raised panel lines that just disappear.    The upper deck insert has a join line that is impossible to get rid of.  Definitely needs transverse bulkheads.
And ignore the instructions when it comes to the NF14 nose. The nose for the 12 is correct for the 14.

As usual, a very good run-through - but:
- The tail is perfectly useable for an early postwar single-engined Gloster ground attack project
- the different noses are very well suited as special equipment noses for any Canberra
- the front engine cowlings make very nice tali's/endings cowlings for Hunter based kitbashes with twin tails or butterfly ditto. And come to think about it - one should maybe cut up an old Vampire to see if such an end makes sense there too.
- and finally, the two sets of canopies/canopy frames are also very, very useable for other purposes.

On a side note, while in agreement on the deck insert, I have succeeded rather well with some judicious PSR on this very subject.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Wardukw

Lady luck was on my side again chaps ..just won a auction for a Hobbycraft 1/48th Hawker Sea Fury FB11 Korean War version with these goodies as well
Cutting Edge CEC48346 resin detail cockpit
White Ensign Models PRO4801 resin wheels and metal gear legs
Squadron 9511 Vac form canopy

😄😄                                 
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Wardukw

Lady luck strikes again ..just won a plane ive never had before and it's a WW1 job ..so I get to play with a bi plane again 🤪
I scored a Aurora Gotha GV Kitset in 1/48th ..so another twin 👍
Sweet 😀
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

jcf

Are you going to backdate it to a G.1 configuration?
:wacko: You cannot view this attachment.

You cannot view this attachment.

Wardukw

Quote from: jcf on July 22, 2023, 07:57:01 PMAre you going to backdate it to a G.1 configuration?
:wacko: You cannot view this attachment.

You cannot view this attachment.

Jon ..mate..buddy ..ol pal ..no!  ;D
This is going to be only the 2nd WW1 plane ive ever built and this model is older than hell 😳
It's from 1972  ..I was 4  :lol:
It could either incredibly frustrating or incredibly interesting..or worse yet..both 😕  ;D

The Chaos

New in my stash over the last months