My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Quote from: The Chaos on July 23, 2023, 01:44:10 AMNew in my stash over the last months

Very nice and in the right scale   :thumbsup:   ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

That's emptied out all the model shops in Berlin then!  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Nice scores to both Wardukw & Chaos! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

The Wooksta!

Some interesting wins for me on eBay:

ICM Dornier Do 215 - going Swedish, as it was intended for them.

Blue Rider Spanish civil war markings.  Mainly for the letters, as Spain had a very unique style.

Italeri Junkers Ju 52 floatplane. Thinking Spanish SAR.  Tracked down the Italeri one as the Airfix is just too old.  May put the floats on a Heller one as it's the best 52 available.
Also scored for an Encore boxed Heller Heinkel He 112 from the same seller.  I am replete with He 112s.

Final win was an unboxed Special Hobby Junkers Ju 87A Stuka. Spain, perhaps?
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

I got that XF-85 canopy etc. that you told me about Lee, Thanks so much  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Wondered if you had, as there were still no bids on it.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Wardukw

In the mail today..my Hobbycraft Sea Fury and a set of 1/48th ICM US aviation armament set ..more bombs cause it was very cheap and more bombs are better  :thumbsup:
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

Yeah - more bang for your bucks...  ;D

Yeah, yeah - 'the Book' is awaiting my name... I know, I know...  ;D  ;D  :thumbsup:

Dizzyfugu

A Hasegawa 1:72 Mitsubishi J2M3 Raiden (Jack). I have a bold idea for the airframe...  :angel:

Wardukw

Quote from: Rick Lowe on July 24, 2023, 10:30:46 PMYeah - more bang for your bucks...  ;D

Yeah, yeah - 'the Book' is awaiting my name... I know, I know...  ;D  ;D  :thumbsup:
Damn skippy matey  ;D  ;D
As I've always said..some  is good..more is better 😊
I have several aircraft which I'm gonna bomb up ..they be needing em 😏

Wardukw

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 24, 2023, 11:31:19 PMA Hasegawa 1:72 Mitsubishi J2M3 Raiden (Jack). I have a bold idea for the airframe...  :angel:
Dude I can't wait to see what you come up with  ;D

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Wardukw on July 25, 2023, 01:07:37 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 24, 2023, 11:31:19 PMA Hasegawa 1:72 Mitsubishi J2M3 Raiden (Jack). I have a bold idea for the airframe...  :angel:

If my plan works it will become something British(!),  ;)

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 21, 2023, 03:28:52 AMAll four of my PR19 variants came from M'Box Meteor kits. I'm tempted to try one from the Special Hobby 14 though.  ;D

The wing construction is totally different, though I'm not sure how that would affect you. The Matchbox one has a solid fuselage with left and right wings 'plugged in' to it, whereas the SG one has a cut out in the bottom of the fuselage and solid tip-to-tip upper and lower wings.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Wardukw

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 25, 2023, 01:40:52 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on July 25, 2023, 01:07:37 AM

If my plan works it will become something British(!),  ;)
Oh something like a replacement for the Hurricane or a completely new bird 🤔  ;D

The Wooksta!

More snaffles

AZ Bf 109G-8  - spotted with an hour to go and at a cheap price. Comes with a free old tool Airfix Bf 109G, which is fit only for the bin.  Only four quid the pair.

Italeri CANT Z501 flying boat. Thinking post war Spanish SAR.

Willie also donated an old Supermodel Blohm and Voss Bv 138 flying boat.  Oddly, I gave him the wreck of one a few years back. TBH, I'd be happier salvaging that.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan: