My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayBee

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 26, 2023, 08:23:12 AMMy two Airfix Bond Bug kits arrived at last, almost a week late, and they STILL left them on my front door step, despite being told to leave them under the rear porch.  :banghead:

The car's very small, and was originally in a plastic bag, but now it's in a big box, about twice the length of the car itself! Not only that, but the two boxes were in a HUGE box by comparison to the size of the model. It would have taken three Lightning F2 kits.  :banghead:

My two bugs have arrived to-day. Yee Ha!
More later!
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Old Wombat

Went into the Hobby Habit near work to pick up some SMS thinners & Tamiya paints & a couple of sets of Gecko Models modern British infantry walked out with me;

Ordered tonight from BNA Model World:

1 x HobbyBoss Models 1/35 USAF XM706E2 Cadillac Gage Commando Armoured Car (HB 84536) - Probably going into a Vietnam Diorama.
1 x Perfect Scale Modellbau Decals for 1/35 US MVD Signs (PSM-DEC016) - Useful for all sorts of trucks & the like.
1 x Italeri Models 1/48 Aermacchi MB 326 Advanced Trainer (IT2814) - RW RAN FAA ca. early-1980s.
1 x HobbyBoss Models 1/35 M4 High Speed Tractor (155mm) (HB 82408) - Dunno, I've just wanted one for a while, now.
1 x Master Box 1/35 Ukrainian-Russian War Vol.4 Terodefence (2 figures) (MB 35226) - For the diorama my Ukrainian Merkava 4 will (eventually) occupy.
1 x Black Dog 1/35 Ukrainian Soldier Vol.4 (BD-F35245) - For the diorama my Ukrainian Merkava 4 will (eventually) occupy.
1 x DioArt 1/35 Modern Leopard Tank White Silhouette Decal for Rear Car Window (self adhesive vinyl) (DIO-108) - For the rear window of my 2017 Nissan Navara ute. ;D

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Mossie

Airfix 1/32 Bond Bug.  :thumbsup:

You cannot view this attachment.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

The Wooksta!

Courtesy of someone at HMRC deciding that I'd paid too much tax and giving me some back, I decided on a small spree and Bungle's stash clearance was just too tempting.

Consequently, a mahoosive box arrived today, containing
4 Italeri Heinkel He 111H
Roden Heinkel He 111B and He 111C
2 RS Heinkel He 112B
Heller Heinkel He 112B
2 Italeri Junkers Ju 86E
Heller Arado Ar 96B
Protojets Jet Provost T-1
Testors Supermarine Swift K-4
Xtrakit Supermarine Swift FR5
Aeromodel Grumman Skyrocket
Magna Gloster F5/34
Magna Gloster F9/34 Taurus
Contrail Miles Monitor
High Planes GAF Beaufreighter

And if that wasn't enough (it's almost a Telford sized haul), some Spanish decals arrived from Kit, these being replacements for the RS He 112B and Mistercraft Siebel Si 204A.  And there were spares too.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

jcf

QuoteA Hasegawa 1:72 Mitsubishi J2M3 Raiden (Jack). I have a bold idea for the airframe...  :angel:
Turbosupercharged Hercules?  :wacko:

Here's a centreline drawing of the J2M that may be helpful on a re-engining because it shows the firewall position
and engine mounting.

Wardukw

The K&B Collectors Series Gotha G.V came in the mail today and I'm very surprised.
For a kit of its age it's pretty damn nice..the moldings are clean with nearly no flash at all ..the only flash I found was on the tail.
I test fitted that fuselage sides together and they fit extremely well with nearly no gaps at all..engine nacelles are prefect...this should build into a very nice model.
The decals might a problem dew to their age ..so might have to hunt down a new set.
The rigging will be fun  :o
There's no real instructions on painting the camo other than ..look at the box lid.
Now heres one for ya'll...on the left hand side of the fuselage are molded instructions for the crew..in German..max take off weight and the like...you can read it clear as day...awesome  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Vostoc7 on July 27, 2023, 03:17:42 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 26, 2023, 08:23:12 AMMy two Airfix Bond Bug kits arrived at last, almost a week late, and they STILL left them on my front door step, despite being told to leave them under the rear porch.  :banghead:

The car's very small, and was originally in a plastic bag, but now it's in a big box, about twice the length of the car itself! Not only that, but the two boxes were in a HUGE box by comparison to the size of the model. It would have taken three Lightning F2 kits.  :banghead:

I was thinking of getting the Bug, great car..... are you doing a twin?  ;D

Land version of a Bespin Cloud Car?

Hobbes

Found on eBay: a 1/87 resin kit of the ALE Trojan 8870 ballast tractor:

Seems to be a garage kit, but it looks nicely detailed.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Vostoc7 on July 27, 2023, 03:17:42 AMI was thinking of getting the Bug, great car..... are you doing a twin?  ;D

Might be..........................  ;)  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 27, 2023, 10:39:44 AMAnd if that wasn't enough (it's almost a Telford sized haul), some Spanish decals arrived from Kit, these being replacements for the RS He 112B and Mistercraft Siebel Si 204A.  And there were spares too.

There're ALWAYS spares! I've built too many models not to think of that.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 27, 2023, 09:48:05 AM...1 x HobbyBoss Models 1/35 USAF XM706E2 Cadillac Gage Commando Armoured Car (HB 84536) ...
How many of these is it now?   ;)

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 27, 2023, 09:48:05 AM...1 x HobbyBoss Models 1/35 M4 High Speed Tractor (155mm) (HB 82408) - Dunno, I've just wanted one for a while, now...
I am also attracted by these.  I think its a bloke thing - it's got "high speed" in the name.  Maybe one should be whiffed into a Binford Super Lawn Tractor 6000...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Vulcan7

Quote from: Rick Lowe on July 27, 2023, 11:01:10 PM
Quote from: Vostoc7 on July 27, 2023, 03:17:42 AM

I was thinking of getting the Bug, great car..... are you doing a twin?  ;D

Land version of a Bespin Cloud Car?

Yes. good one... right colour  :thumbsup: ,  you'd need a wide road  :o  ;D  ;D  ;D  :thumbsup:
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on July 28, 2023, 04:17:55 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on July 27, 2023, 09:48:05 AM...1 x HobbyBoss Models 1/35 USAF XM706E2 Cadillac Gage Commando Armoured Car (HB 84536) ...
How many of these is it now?  ;)

A fair number ;D but this is the first without a gun turret & not the later V-150 iteration. ;)

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 27, 2023, 09:48:05 AM...1 x HobbyBoss Models 1/35 M4 High Speed Tractor (155mm) (HB 82408) - Dunno, I've just wanted one for a while, now...
I am also attracted by these.  I think its a bloke thing - it's got "high speed" in the name.  Maybe one should be whiffed into a Binford Super Lawn Tractor 6000...

Possibly, but it may be an artillery "tractor" thing, as I also have a Russian Voroshilovets Tractor & a Scammell Pioneer R100 Artillery Tractor. :unsure:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 28, 2023, 08:45:04 AM
How many of these is it now?  ;)

A fair number ;D but this is the first without a gun turret & not the later V-150 iteration. ;)

Possibly, but it may be an artillery "tractor" thing, as I also have a Russian Voroshilovets Tractor & a Scammell Pioneer R100 Artillery Tractor. :unsure:
I've had 3 of these M4 HST kits ..had the Voroshilovets tractor aswell..the M4 is a nice kit..goes together easy..has a engine with PE grills and individual track links 😀
The model of the HST family ive always wanted in 35th is the monster M6 HST 😁..it's a pure beasty of a artillery tractor.
Oh its top speed was 35 mph ..56kph..which fast for its size when the much smaller M5 had the same top speed ..the M6 was only 21mph.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: jcf on July 27, 2023, 12:00:10 PMTurbosupercharged Hercules?  :wacko:

Nah, but there's a resin Centaurus left over from the twin set that partly went into the recent Corsair V.  :mellow: