My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

killnoizer

Oh thank you. I understand that , but hit the button very fast to buy this box ... maybe I can swap the kit later, if I prefer the original hood .  Or I like it because it is different...
It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

Nick

A pair of kits followed me home from the Essex Modellers Show this afternoon. £7 each so a good bargain.

HobbyBoss German Railway Track. Not sure how it's any different from French or British railway track but it'll do for displaying the Evening Star when I get her finished.

Airfix Hawker Hunter FGA.9. For completing the resin Huntsman Joe gave me a while back. I already have a Misterkit / ZTS Plastyk one for backup.

Steel Penguin

probably different sleepers, and possibly different gauge,  depending on area and  era,   though a quick shufty via google say that currently most of  europe is the same gauge
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Wardukw

Quote from: killnoizer on July 30, 2023, 07:07:09 AMOh thank you. I understand that , but hit the button very fast to buy this box ... maybe I can swap the kit later, if I prefer the original hood .  Or I like it because it is different...
That's got me wondering now Herr Noizer...one the dinosaur 🦕 aged monogram P38 the night figther back end was a option and you could fit if you wished or not..it was a very cool addition..im wondering if your score has that option or is it a night figther only.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Wardukw

Going with freaking temptation again here lads and at a unbelievable price for one ..scored a Hasegawa 1/48 F-4J Phantom II with extra decals for ..get this ..$51nz ..yup that's 2 Hasegawa F-4s now and now i am content.........but right now on trademe is a Academy F-4 and it's sitting at $23 ..im watching just to see what happens.
These are over a hundy here with ease.
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Nick on July 30, 2023, 11:13:34 AMAirfix Hawker Hunter FGA.9. For completing the resin Huntsman Joe gave me a while back. I already have a Misterkit / ZTS Plastyk one for backup.

Geared to go with the Airfix kit exclusively and perfectly.  The ZTS kit is fit for the bin at best.

eBay says I've won a Heller Ar 96 and another Karo As Fw 58. A solid nose but it will take a spare He 111 nose.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Steel Penguin on July 30, 2023, 11:32:23 AMprobably different sleepers, and possibly different gauge,  depending on area and  era,  though a quick shufty via google say that currently most of  europe is the same gauge

Have you got this in the right thread? I can't find any related posts.........

Most of Western Europe uses Standard gauge, 4' 8.5" in proper measurement, (1435 mm in that other system) but some parts of Spanish and Portuguese railways use 5' 5 21/32" and Irish Railways use 5'3". The ex-Soviet Bloc countries use 4' 11 27/32" except Estonia which uses 5', along with Finland.

There's also many narrow gauges lines in all European Countries, but not usually on main lines.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Steel Penguin

Kit it was a reply to Nicks comment on the railway track purchase.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Steel Penguin on July 30, 2023, 01:17:05 PMKit it was a reply to Nicks comment on the railway track purchase.

So it was, sorry.  :banghead:

Luckily in the model railway world there's no difference, even though British models are 1/76 scale and European ones are 1/87.

Don't ask, it's VERY complicated..................
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Steel Penguin

No problem Kit,   ;D  and i know with the model railway stuff, reading some of the letter in the railway mags, that my late father in law had on people doing " true scale " rail and having to hand build sleepers, seats and rail and then bemoaning having to rebuild the rolling stock to ensure they have correct wheels as well  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

Nick

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 30, 2023, 01:22:02 PM
Quote from: Steel Penguin on July 30, 2023, 01:17:05 PMKit it was a reply to Nicks comment on the railway track purchase.

So it was, sorry.  :banghead:

Luckily in the model railway world there's no difference, even though British models are 1/76 scale and European ones are 1/87.

Don't ask, it's VERY complicated..................

I've checked the track with the running gear of Evening Star and looks like it will fit just right.
Thinking about it, each sleeper will need painting and all the little rocks in the (moulded) ballast.  :unsure:

Pellson

I might have bought a French postwar armoured car of Ukrainian descent. I think. As always in 1/72 scale, and as always, the plan is to update it to some kind of later Cold War standard, even if the kit doesn't have the more modern turret the actual car got in its later production run. But if there's will, there's a way.

On a side note - I might want to build rather than buy for a while now, given the limitations of my storage volume as well as my life expectancy.  :rolleyes:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Wardukw

Quote from: Steel Penguin on July 30, 2023, 01:25:25 PMNo problem Kit,  ;D  and i know with the model railway stuff, reading some of the letter in the railway mags, that my late father in law had on people doing " true scale " rail and having to hand build sleepers, seats and rail and then bemoaning having to rebuild the rolling stock to ensure they have correct wheels as well  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:
Two words to describe this...bugger and that  :o

McColm

The Canadian company Airframe 1/72 reconnaissance nose for the RF-4B, RF-4C and RF-4E.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 27, 2023, 09:48:05 AMHobbyBoss Models 1/35 USAF XM706E2 Cadillac Gage Commando Armoured Car (HB 84536) -

I still have one of the early issue Vietnam turreted versions earmarked to do one of these... maybe I should have waited... there again, nah - I'm stubborn and Bl00dy-Minded like that... ;D