My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Almost a year ago I put in an order with BNA Model World for a bunch of pre-order items, most of the items arrived quite quickly but one just sat there unfilled, so a few days ago I looked at the manufacturer's site & they had it listed as "discontinued". So, I contacted BNA; they checked with the manufacturer & agreed to either cancel that item in the order & give me "points" of equal value or to replace it with something else. I chose the latter, which they did & added the difference in cost to my accumulated points.

Thus, this order should be on its way tomorrow, the first three items were "pre-order" the last is the replacement for the "discontinued" item:

1 x ResKit 1/48 AIM-9B Sidewinder Missile (4pcs) for A-4/7/F-4D1/4/8/3H/11/86/100/104/105/Mirage III/Harrier (RS48-0232) - For aircraft builds ca. 1958-1965 (+/-)
2 x ResKit 1/48 AIM7E Sparrow III Missiles (4pcs) for F-4 Phantom II, F3H Demon (RS48-0320) - For aircraft builds ca. 1963-1970 (+/-)
1 x Special Hobby 1/48 British Fairey Firefly Mk.4/5 "Korean War" (SH48136) - To be RW RAN
1 x AFV Club 1/35 British Churchill MK. VII Heavy Infantry Tank (AFV-AF35324) - Don't know yet, but will probably be RAM's either ca. 1946/1947 Operation Coronet/Olympic (a.k.a. Operation Downfall) or ca. 1951 Korea.

Also, quite recently, I received this order;

2 x AK-Interactive Heavy Chipping Effects Acrylic Fluid 35ml (AK-089) - On the suggestion of Phill (a.k.a. Wardukw)
2 x Brengun 1/48 Modern US Rail Launchers LAU-115 + 2x LAU-127 Adapters [2 sets] (BRE-BRL48175) - For one or two modern aircraft builds
1 x Djiti's Production 1/35 FJ43 Wheels set Type 2 (military pattern) for AK kit (DJIT-35097) - For one of my several FJ43 kits
1 x ZLPLA 1/35 Girls in Action Series - Cassie [resin figure] (ZL-GM-003) - One of their less cartoonish/sexualised figures to be used in post-apocalyptic dioramas
1 x ZLPLA 1/35 Girls in Action Series - Rita [resin figure] (ZL-GM-018) - One of their less cartoonish/sexualised figures to be used in post-apocalyptic dioramas
1 x ZLPLA 1/35 Girls in Action Series - Vesty [resin figure] (ZL-GM-022) - One of their less cartoonish/sexualised figures to be used in post-apocalyptic dioramas
1 x ZLPLA 1/35 Girls in Action Series - Winnie [resin figure] (ZL-GM-023) - One of their less cartoonish/sexualised figures to be used in post-apocalyptic dioramas

I got these girls because there are so few suitable female figures in 1/35 & there are 3 others I might get but that's it, with the one below as a possible exception, just for fun;

Stiga:

They come in up to 4 scales (1/35, 1/24 1/20 & 1/16); https://www.bnamodelworld.com/index.php?route=product/search&search=Girls%20in%20Action%20Series
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

jcf

A free downloadable paper model of the Buck Rogers Starfighter is available:
Buck Rogers Starfighter

DogfighterZen

Quote from: jcf on August 22, 2023, 08:20:57 AMA free downloadable paper model of the Buck Rogers Starfighter is available:
Buck Rogers Starfighter

:thumbsup:
I'm aware of that paper model but i'm not interested in building those... Still, i do respect the skills and techniques used to build them.
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Rick Lowe

Quote from: DogfighterZen on August 22, 2023, 11:25:35 AM
Quote from: jcf on August 22, 2023, 08:20:57 AMA free downloadable paper model of the Buck Rogers Starfighter is available:
Buck Rogers Starfighter

I'm aware of that paper model but i'm not interested in building those... Still, i do respect the skills and techniques used to build them.

Agree, it's a whole new set of skills.

However, there is also this one to download for free and print:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4772746

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Rick Lowe on August 22, 2023, 12:20:44 PM
Buck Rogers Starfighter

Agree, it's a whole new set of skills.

However, there is also this one to download for free and print:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4772746

Now that is something i'd be willing to try! Thanks, Rick! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
But i don't have a 3D printer... guess i can try to find someone who'll print it for me for a fair price...  :unsure: All files are being downloaded right now!  :mellow:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

jcf

Buck Rogers Starfighter

The paper model patterns are useful as templates you can transfer to plastic card if you're in the mood for a scratchbuild project.
😉

DogfighterZen

Quote from: jcf on August 22, 2023, 01:33:25 PM
Buck Rogers Starfighter

The paper model patterns are useful as templates you can transfer to plastic card if you're in the mood for a scratchbuild project.
😉

I obviously haven't thought of that detail...  :banghead:
Thank you! That is indeed a very good idea and that's what i'll do if the 3D print option turns out to be too expensive or complicated.  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Wardukw

Picked up my Ju188 E1 Avenger this morning..it's a Dragon master series one in 48th the popped over to my  fav LHS and came home with paints ive never seen before...Vic Hobby from Japan.
I scored 4 bottles of primer a JASDF RF-4 4 colour set of paints plus a paint set for a mig 29.
Then another surprise and this for me is the best part... a Bandai Giant Gatling kit..it's a add on kit for Gundams which thanks to a collection they just bought..they now have quite a few .
Though I don't think many have ready been started or just built ..in a couple of weeks I'll know the whole story.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Wardukw on August 22, 2023, 09:51:35 PMa Bandai Giant Gatling kit..it's a add on kit for Gundams which thanks to a collection they just bought..they now have quite a few .

Is that the HUGE Kotobukiya M.S.G. gatling gun with a clockwork mechanism (that lets the barrels rotate), or something else/new?  :o

Wardukw

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on August 22, 2023, 11:39:18 PM
Quote from: Wardukw on August 22, 2023, 09:51:35 PMa Bandai Giant Gatling kit..it's a add on kit for Gundams which thanks to a collection they just bought..they now have quite a few .

Is that the HUGE Kotobukiya M.S.G. gatling gun with a clockwork mechanism (that lets the barrels rotate), or something else/new?  :o
It's just a static plastic gun Diz .
It's called the Giant gatling build fighters support weapon and it's 1/144 scale.
The kit seems to be a 2015 release.
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

Quote from: jcf on August 22, 2023, 01:33:25 PM
Buck Rogers Starfighter

😉

That's true - it worked for me when I used that method to make a Stargate F-302. :thumbsup:

Wardukw

Leading Observer

Won off Evilbay a !/72 Hasagawa FB-111A :wub:
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

zenrat

German owned supermarket chain Aldi are selling four Revell car kits for half the usual retaIl price.
One of the two branches local to me had none.  The other had limited numbers.
I picked up one of each.

20230823_122046 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

The 'vette and the yellow 'stang are 1/25.  The Pontiac and the Rent a Racer are 1/24.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..