My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

eBay says I've won another Bv 141.  I think I am replete with these now.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

That must be a round half dozen by now. Almost as many as the Luftwaffe had.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

IIRC B&V built about 15 B series.  A lot more than many think.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Wardukw

Quote from: Wardukw on September 03, 2023, 11:32:48 AMHad some great scores on trademe yesterday..brought something ive been wanting for yrs.
A Element Tools 320mm scale ruler plus from the same seller 4 Element Tools scriber bits ...had get these as they were $7NZ each ..I checked and there like $20 Aus each  :thumbsup:
Also won the following.
Hi Decal 1/48 F-4E/RF-4E/F-4E Phantom II Israeli Air Force decals
Eduard Brassin 1/48 MiG-21 wheels
Blackbox 1/48 F-15C MSIP Eagle cockpit set
McFarlane Warhammer 40k - Primaris Space Marine Artist Proof..this is 7ins tall  ;D

OK that's weird..when I look at this all the things I listed are crossed out ..is anyone else seeing this
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

Except for the first part of the Hi Decals line, yeah... wondered why you'd done that...

Wardukw

Very bloody strange Rick..its not something I'd even bother to do .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

Did you maybe hit the 'strikethrough' button? Alongside the Underline button.

NARSES2

Quote from: Wardukw on September 05, 2023, 09:54:56 PM
Quote from: Wardukw on September 03, 2023, 11:32:48 AMHad some great scores on trademe yesterday..brought something ive been wanting for yrs.
A Element Tools 320mm scale ruler plus from the same seller 4 Element Tools scriber bits ...had get these as they were $7NZ each ..I checked and there like $20 Aus each  :thumbsup:
Also won the following.
McFarlane Warhammer 40k - Primaris Space Marine Artist Proof..this is 7ins tall  ;D

OK that's weird..when I look at this all the things I listed are crossed out ..is anyone else seeing this

I'm not sure what happened but the original post had been struck through for some reason, I thought you'd changed your mind. Anyway I've edited it so it's now ok.

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Ordered & should be on their way tomorrow;

1 x Dora Wings 1/48 Vultee Vengeance Mk.II Dive Bomber (DW-48044) - As mentioned earlier
1 x Dora Wings 1/48 Vultee Vanguard Mk.I/J10 Fighter (DW-48050) - As mentioned earlier
1 x Eduard 1/48 AIM-7E Sparrow Brassin set (4pcs Rocket Body w/Separate Tail Winglets) (ED 648062) - 2nd set of these but I may need more
1 x Legend Productions 1/35 IDF Droid ATMD Set for Merkava Mk.IID/Nagmachon (LF1329) - I will want more of these but, for some reason, they appear to have only the one box
1 x Legend Productions 1/35 IDF Droid ATMD Set III for Merkava Mk.4 kit (Resin+PE) (LF1337) - I will want more of these but, for some reason, they appear to have only the one box
1 x IBG Models 1/35 Scammell Pioneer R100 Artillery Tractor (IBG35030) - I'm sure I've got one of these somewhere but I can't find it & I set up a notification for this kit, so I bought it
1 x Legend Productions 1/35 US Mermite Food Container set (Closedx8/Openx2) (LF1403) - Used from 1944/45, I believe these are the late-60s/early-70's (Vietnam War era)  to approx. 1990/2000 hot food containers

This order was only supposed to be the two aircraft at the top of the list.

Unfortunately a whole bunch of stuff I put in for a "Re-stock Notification" came in, with only one of each in stock, so I had to buy 'em (this leaves me somewhat short of cash for other things this fortnight). :-\
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 06, 2023, 05:41:31 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on September 05, 2023, 09:54:56 PM
Also won the following.

I'm not sure what happened but the original post had been struck through for some reason, I thought you'd changed your mind. Anyway I've edited it so it's now ok.

Chris
Great stuff Chris 😀
Thank ya muchly  :thumbsup:

kerick

Yesterday I received from Hobbyist Haven the 1/72nd scale maintenance platform and ladder set in PE. Looks very nice out of the package. Going to try it soon and hope I don't screw it up. I have very little experience with PE. At least I don't have to cut it apart. The pieces are all separated and stuck to clear plastic. Some nice metal panels remaining after the parts were cut out. Lots of squares and rectangles that will be useful for other projects.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on September 06, 2023, 09:06:10 AMOrdered & should be on their way tomorrow;

1 x Dora Wings 1/48 Vultee Vengeance Mk.II Dive Bomber (DW-48044) - As mentioned earlier

Must admit I like the look of that. I've built a couple of 1/72 Dora Wings kits and they can be a little fussy. Be interested in your thoughts on it once you have it.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: kerick on September 06, 2023, 09:58:29 PMYesterday I received from Hobbyist Haven the 1/72nd scale maintenance platform and ladder set in PE. Looks very nice out of the package. Going to try it soon and hope I don't screw it up. I have very little experience with PE. At least I don't have to cut it apart. The pieces are all separated and stuck to clear plastic. Some nice metal panels remaining after the parts were cut out. Lots of squares and rectangles that will be useful for other projects.

As long as it's unpainted brass it's probably better to anneal it first. You probably know that, but just in case you don't  :thumbsup:

kerick

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 07, 2023, 05:32:37 AM
Quote from: kerick on September 06, 2023, 09:58:29 PMYesterday I received from Hobbyist Haven the 1/72nd scale maintenance platform and ladder set in PE. Looks very nice out of the package. Going to try it soon and hope I don't screw it up. I have very little experience with PE. At least I don't have to cut it apart. The pieces are all separated and stuck to clear plastic. Some nice metal panels remaining after the parts were cut out. Lots of squares and rectangles that will be useful for other projects.

As long as it's unpainted brass it's probably better to anneal it first. You probably know that, but just in case you don't  :thumbsup:

It's not brass. It's hard to tell if it's stainless steel or aluminum. I'm not sure if it's etched or laser cut either. Not a lot of bends involved but they are long and need to be straight. I'll have to find my sharpest straight edge. I already have a pane of glass to do it on so that helps. I'll check the tip and tricks thread for more ideas.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

jcf

The platform looks like it's probably stainless and it's photo etched. Stainless is the best choice for the skeletal 
nature of the beast, it's less likely to flex and having the bend points etched in is a nice touch, ditto the laptops.

You cannot view this attachment.