My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Wooksta! on September 15, 2023, 06:33:45 AMHe got the ones he needed a while back. Besides which, I'm not paying more than a tenner for the base kit, I don't factor in postage. If it goes above a certain price or I get outbid, it goes elsewhere.  I only go above and beyond if it's something I really want.

I sure did.

I needed a minimum of two to build the Bv 148 and a spare is always handy, so I got three. Lee benefitted from that as the surplus bits went to sort out some of his. Good result on both our fronts.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Rick Lowe on September 12, 2023, 10:29:54 PMI shall give it a go on the weekend and report back.  :thumbsup:

So I tried it as an adhesive and it works as indicated - good result!  :thumbsup:

Have not tried it to clean hairy sticks as yet.

Oh, and a 1/200 Hasegawa P-8A, to be RW RNZAF; Brother-in-Laws' Christmas present.  - Thanks, Phill!!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
It's so small it has every chance of getting completed well before the day - something that doesn't always happen. The single-colour scheme will also help.

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 15, 2023, 09:36:46 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on September 15, 2023, 12:12:30 AMI'd assume these are steel balls for/from ball bearings?

They're not shiny though, mine are a quite dull dark grey colour.

I assume they are made from whatever they started making fishing weights from when lead became an issue.  Tungsten?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

scooter

Quote from: zenrat on September 16, 2023, 06:52:48 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 15, 2023, 09:36:46 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on September 15, 2023, 12:12:30 AMI'd assume these are steel balls for/from ball bearings?

They're not shiny though, mine are a quite dull dark grey colour.

I assume they are made from whatever they started making fishing weights from when lead became an issue.  Tungsten?

Tin, bismuth, steel, tungsten-nickel: https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/minnaqua/et/sinkers-lead.html
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Dizzyfugu

Another 1:72 F-16A, this time a Hasegawa kit.

killnoizer

One of my favorite birds since 50 years ,  not a first class kit,  but very nice decals !!

You cannot view this attachment.

It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

Wardukw

Quote from: killnoizer on September 19, 2023, 09:16:37 AMOne of my favorite birds since 50 years ,  not a first class kit,  but very nice decals !!

You cannot view this attachment.

Nice one 👍  ;D
I've got 2 48th scale Hasegawa F-4s .. a J and E and I'm chuffed to have these so I know how ya feel  :thumbsup:  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Wardukw

Today's been one of those days lads..a bloody brilliant one ..went to a model shop today ive never been to but brought paint online cause their the only AK INTERACTIVE dealer around so I brought the following.
1 x AK AUSCAM paint set
1 x tin of plastic putty for airbrush painting .
And 4 x paints ..black..rubber black...russian green and burnt tin .
But while I was there I had a quite looksie and sitting on a shelf is something ive been hunting for which didn't have a stupid price or have to come from the US ..it's not sitting on a shelf anymore  ;D
A Monogram AV-8B Harrier in 48th 😀😀😀😀
Oh and I scored a also long wanted plane today ...a Tamiya Nakajima J1N1-Sa Gekko Type 11 night figther  :thumbsup:
Also and this is really needed a Aires A-4M Skyhawk cockpit set .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Quote from: Wardukw on September 19, 2023, 09:18:10 PMToday's been one of those days lads..a bloody brilliant one ..went to a model shop today ive never been to but brought paint online cause their the only AK INTERACTIVE dealer around so I brought the following.
1 x AK AUSCAM paint set
But while I was there I had a quite looksie and sitting on a shelf is something ive been hunting for which didn't have a stupid price or have to come from the US ..it's not sitting on a shelf anymore  ;D
Oh and I scored a also long wanted plane today ...a Tamiya Nakajima J1N1-Sa Gekko Type 11 night figther  :thumbsup:

Hmmmm, i'm putting off going to restock on paint because I'm afraid something similar will happen...
 :-\
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Gondor

A couple of items arrived today

from ebay
1 x 1/72 Airfix Westland Scout. To be converted into a Wasp using an Air-Graphics conversion set I have

From Jadlan Racing
1 x 1/72 Airfix Vulcan B2 Black Buck edition. Aparantly the pylons and ECM pod are not the best but someone will bring out replacements. I suppose I should get back into building one ot two of the Seven Vulcans I have, both old and new  :rolleyes:

Via Facebook
1 x 1/72 rear Ju88 double position rear fireing gun canopy to allow me to convert a C-6 from what came in the box to what is in a photograph.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on September 20, 2023, 04:15:26 AMHmmmm, i'm putting off going to restock on paint because I'm afraid something similar will happen...

Just wish I had a model shop nearby that I could visit when I need paint, rather than having to get via post or at SMW.

If you discount Warhammer and Modelcraft who do some Revell paints which I really don't like. There's nobody nearer that Hannants a 2 hour trip across London away by the RAF Museum.

On top of that I've never quite understood Warhammer's opening hours, seems to be based on when the staff turn up and Modelcraft is awkward to get to via public transport  :-\ 
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Freightdog862

Quote from: Gondor on September 20, 2023, 05:40:53 AMFrom Jadlan Racing
1 x 1/72 Airfix Vulcan B2 Black Buck edition. Aparantly the pylons and ECM pod are not the best but someone will bring out replacements. I suppose I should get back into building one ot two of the Seven Vulcans I have, both old and new  :rolleyes:

Gondor

I would use the pylons from the old Airfix kit, they are okay. I think the ALQ-101(?) were borrowed from the RAF Buccaneer fleet, so if you have an Airfix Gulf War Buccaneer maybe that will do it? 

I did issue the pod in resin years ago (quite a nice one) but I don't think I have access to the master anymore.

Colin

Gondor

Quote from: Freightdog862 on September 20, 2023, 10:06:39 AM
Quote from: Gondor on September 20, 2023, 05:40:53 AMFrom Jadlan Racing

Gondor

I would use the pylons from the old Airfix kit, they are okay. I think the ALQ-101(?) were borrowed from the RAF Buccaneer fleet, so if you have an Airfix Gulf War Buccaneer maybe that will do it? 

I did issue the pod in resin years ago (quite a nice one) but I don't think I have access to the master anymore.

Colin

That's a shame Colin.  I have thought about using the pylons from the old Vulcan and an ECM pod from elsewhere. As for sourcing that from an Airfix Desert Storm Buccaneer, it would not matter as the normal RAF version has the same weapons sprue as the Desert Storm version. Wish someone had done a decent set of Martel and/or Sea Eagle missiles as an option.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Wardukw

Quote from: zenrat on September 20, 2023, 04:15:26 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on September 19, 2023, 09:18:10 PMToday's been one of those days lads..a bloody brilliant one ..went to a model shop today ive never been to but brought paint online cause their the only AK INTERACTIVE dealer around so I brought the following.
1 x AK AUSCAM paint set

Hmmmm, i'm putting off going to restock on paint because I'm afraid something similar will happen...

Fred I can't wait for this to happen again  :wacko:
This shop called Constellation hobbies has everything I would want paint wise and alot more besides.
They sell as ya know AK Interactive..Ammo..Tamiya..Warhammer paints but they also have the paint sets and tools ..next thing on my hit list is AK weathering pencils ..watched a video on YouTube from a gent who goes by the name Nijon used em and oh these are quite good 👍
Looking forward to playing with em 😀

Chris this new shop is not a LHS I can tell ya ..it's nearly 200 ks away from me  ;D

Wardukw

Well this is a surprise for me to be adding more to my future stock pile ..today's mail was epic 😁

From Bungle ( Andy ) I got at last a 48th Dragon Ju88 G6 night figther and the Trumpeter F/A 18E Super Hornet weapons set in 32nd scale..this only comes with the kit so I'm super chuffed to have this 😀

And also from Vostoc7 (Leigh) a Frog 72nd scale P-61 Black Widow and it's very small and if I remember right it's from 1965 but don't quote me  ;)
It's a very cool model 😎 ☺️ 😊