My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Quote from: Mossie on September 22, 2023, 10:23:33 AMAFV Club 1/35 FV107 Scimitar.
Congratulations Mossie on joining the wonderful world of armour  :thumbsup:  ;D

Added to the stash today thanks to the mail being surprisingly fast are the following 😀
All these planes were cheaper than chips from a mate clearing out his "im not interested in anymore " pile ..Probably more to follow 😊
1 x 1/32 nd Roden L-19/0-1E Bird Dog Float Plane

1 x 1/48th Hobbycraft F8F-1B Bearcat

1 x 1/48th Hasegawa P-51D Pacific Theater Mustang
1 x 1/48th HobbyBoss Ta 152 C-1/R14

1 x 1/48th Squadron True Details FW190D-9 cockpit set

1 x 1/47th Medallion Models Hellcat cockpit and flaps set

Now all these bits are 1/35th scale.

2 x Panzer IV sets of Dragon magic tracks
1 x set of figures from the Tamiya Super Pershing model.
1 x Dragon Panzer IV lower hull and upper hull
1 x Dragon Panzer IV/ Stug IV lower hull..upper hull and engine deck .
All these parts are needed for a future model build...would ya believe I payed $5nz for this lot 👍
Next I'm on the hunt for a Pak44 gun  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Dizzyfugu

A KP Avia S-199 (new mold). I was so inspired by comrade harps' Romanian Bf 109J-3 that I might add a similar whiffy travesty to history, too.  ;D

NARSES2

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on September 23, 2023, 12:33:56 AMA KP Avia S-199 (new mold). I was so inspired by comrade harps' Romanian Bf 109J-3 that I might add a similar whiffy travesty to history, too.  ;D

Nice series of kits  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

TBH, they're more work than they need to be, especially when the Eduard ones are vastly better in terms of accuracy and fit, with superior decals and all for pretty much the same price.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 22, 2023, 05:53:53 AM
Quote from: zenrat on September 21, 2023, 04:22:53 AMThe only brand the Local Mornington shop has which is of use to me is Tamiya.  For Vallejo or Gunze I have to venture further afield.
But it is Tamiya I am low on.

I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with Tamiya paints. Sometimes it works fine and at other times it can dry on the brush before I even get near the model. So tend to avoid it nowadays. Shame because their coverage is very good, even for things like white and yellow.

I use very little Tamiya potted acrylic for that very reason.  I really only use semi gloss black and then only because Gunze just do gloss black and matt black.  It's rattle cans of TS paints I am low on.  TS8 Italian Red in particular.  I used up what i had on the wheels and radiator mounting frame of the Rod Tank.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Pellson

Caved in and shelled out for this in the end.

You cannot view this attachment.

Not a smart move, given the current world economy and the relation between my StashTM and my storage space, but the flesh is weak..

If I ever get around to build my two Bombcordes, this will be a magnificent companion to them, from Russia with love.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Wardukw

Quote from: Pellson on September 23, 2023, 12:40:59 PMCaved in and shelled out for this in the end.

Not a smart move, given the current world economy and the relation between my StashTM and my storage space, but the flesh is weak..

If I ever get around to build my two Bombcordes, this will be a magnificent companion to them, from Russia with love.
Damnnnnnn a TU-144 in 72nd ...oh that's gonna be quite long I think 🤔  ;D
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Wardukw on September 23, 2023, 08:30:12 PMDamnnnnnn a TU-144 in 72nd ...oh that's gonna be quite long I think 🤔  ;D

Around the same length as a 1/72 scale Concorde, 33".
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 23, 2023, 10:23:28 PM
Quote from: Wardukw on September 23, 2023, 08:30:12 PMDamnnnnnn a TU-144 in 72nd ...oh that's gonna be quite long I think 🤔  ;D

Around the same length as a 1/72 scale Concorde, 33".
Of in my measurements 838mm long ..damnnnnnn!!!   :o

Old Wombat

Having seen a Concorde a grand total of once, in Darwin ca. 1986/7, I can state with certainty that its apparent small size surprised me.

Yet a 747-200 of the era is not considerably longer but appeared SO-O-O much bigger! :blink:

PS: My calculations make the 1/72 Concorde out to be 3323/32" or 836.5mm long, while the 747-200 is 385/8" or 982mm

PPS: And, Yes, I realise that much of that impression was a result of the narrow tubular fuselage of the Concorde, vs the wide ovoid shape of the 747's fuselage.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Lucky enough to see Concorde a couple of times and she was definitely a "She", so sleek and shapely. Noisy little so-and-so though.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

I've FLOWN one..................Well, the Concorde simulator at Brooklands anyway.  ;D

And it is small inside, the cockpit's very 'friendly'.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 24, 2023, 12:58:49 AMLucky enough to see Concorde a couple of times and she was definitely a "She", so sleek and shapely. Noisy little so-and-so though.

Quite a lot of femails are, so I have heard  :rolleyes:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

zenrat

Quote from: Pellson on September 23, 2023, 12:40:59 PMCaved in and shelled out for this in the end.

:wub:

Jealous.

Well done mate.  You did the right thing.
Does it have an interior?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Pellson

Quote from: zenrat on September 24, 2023, 05:53:07 AMDoes it have an interior?

I has a cockpit, and as it'll become a "bombcordski", that's all it'll need.  Actually, I might replace the seats with bang seats just to make a point of that..
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!