My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Yep, that's a stash filler, for sure! :thumbsup:

My haul from the SAPMA Expo today is quite small;

1 x Showcase Models 1/350 Collins-class submarine (ANN001) - I now have an O-boat (Oberon-class), a Collins-class, an Astute-class & two Los Angeles-class submarines
1 x NutsPlanet 1/35 Vagabond figure (T35006) - a post-apocalypse diorama figure
1 x NutsPlanet 1/35 Clever Hunter figure (T35013) - a post-apocalypse diorama figure
1 x FireStorm 1/35 Australian Matilda Tank Crew #1 (FS35202) - WW2 Australian tankers, I need more!
1 x FireStorm 1/35 Australian Matilda Tank Crew #2 (FS35203) - WW2 Australian tankers, I need more!
1 x Legend Productions 1/35 Eagle Yote* Pack Set [6 x pieces] (LF3D021) - for use as general diorama & stowage baggage
1 x set of sculpting tools - I'm going to need to create my own aliens for a sci-fi diorama & these'll help

[*: I think they mean "Tote"]
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Quote from: Old Wombat on October 07, 2023, 01:00:40 AMYep, that's a stash filler, for sure! :thumbsup:

My haul from the SAPMA Expo today is quite small;

1 x Showcase Models 1/350 Collins-class submarine (ANN001) - I now have an O-boat (Oberon-class), a Collins-class, an Astute-class & two Los Angeles-class submarines
1 x NutsPlanet 1/35 Vagabond figure (T35006) - a post-apocalypse diorama figure
1 x NutsPlanet 1/35 Clever Hunter figure (T35013) - a post-apocalypse diorama figure
1 x FireStorm 1/35 Australian Matilda Tank Crew #1 (FS35202) - WW2 Australian tankers, I need more!
1 x FireStorm 1/35 Australian Matilda Tank Crew #2 (FS35203) - WW2 Australian tankers, I need more!
1 x Legend Productions 1/35 Eagle Yote* Pack Set [6 x pieces] (LF3D021) - for use as general diorama & stowage baggage
1 x set of sculpting tools - I'm going to need to create my own aliens for a sci-fi diorama & these'll help

[*: I think they mean "Tote"]
Yep and quite happy about it too 😊
Yours is nothing to scoff at either matey and it looks like some rather interesting bits there too 😉 👍
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

The Wooksta!

A quick raid on the Hannants website to acquire some Squadron He 162 canopies (the one in my Planet kit has long since vanished) and a CMK He 162 bang sear, purely out of curiosity but it may well have an accident with some rubber.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Old Wombat

I have to say I had a better day than I expected.

And I scored a few interesting purchases;

1 x Trumpeter 1/48 C-47A Skytrain (02828) - big kit of the lovely Dak
1 x AZ Model 1/48 Avia B.35.2 1940 (AZ 4802) - it'll be wearing Czech markings
1 x Alley Cat 1/48 Canberra B.6 nose conversion with optional camera fairings (AC48012C) - I have a PR Canberra, it should cause confusion amongst the aircraft nuts JMN's
1 x Cammett Ltd 1/48 Blue Water Nissiles for the Airfix TSR.2 - only I don't have an Airfix TSR.2 but I do have 2 x Airfix (new tool) 1/48 Buccaneers!
1 x Hornet 1/35 Set of 5 Heads with British officers' caps - every military needs officers, it gives WO's someone to shout at
1 x Hornet 1/35 Set of 5 Heads with WW2 style short back & sides haircuts - will do for most militaries over most periods
1 x Hornet 1/35 Set of 5 Heads with UK rimless helmets (paras/AFV crews/bikers) - the RAMs will use the rimless helmet for most of WW2 & into Vietnam
1 x FireStorm 1/35 Australian Army Formation Signs WW2 dry transfers - it includes unit markings for the odd M3 Grant variant I intend modelling for next year's Expo

For further information visit the "Upcoming Events" board & check out the "South Australian Modelling Expo" thread; https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=52043.msg1017244#new
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

scooter

Quote from: Old Wombat on October 08, 2023, 03:50:21 AM1 x Hornet 1/35 Set of 5 Heads with British officers' caps - every military needs officers, it gives WO's someone to shout at
And NCOs to "respectfully correct" (SNCOs) or avoid (JNCOs and EMs).
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Wardukw

Had a surprise in the mail today..a parcel from me mate Kerry who's dumping his incomplete aircraft on me and what arrived today is pretty good.
All are destined to be wiffy fodder  :wacko:
In the pile are these ..no idea what brands these are apart from one which is Matchbox..a Mig 21MF in fact.
Then there's is lit...all are 72nd scale.
P-61 Black Widow..now ive got 2  :thumbsup:
F-16 fighting Falcon
Vampire
A Walrus fuselage
F-5 freedom figther
A flying pancake
Polikarpov I-16
And I'm not sure but I think it's a RAAF Wirraway.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

The Wooksta!

A flying visit to Uncle Frank on Saturday yielded a load of Kora decals for Spanish subjects and another R/S He 112.  I noticed they now have injection canopies but the older ones have vacform ones.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

killnoizer

Got a NOVO Harrier with some nice decals , hope they will work ....
Mrs. Killnoizer wants one for her working place !   

You cannot view this attachment.
It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

The Wooksta!

Quote from: killnoizer on October 10, 2023, 12:59:59 AMGot a NOVO Harrier with some nice decals , hope they will work ....
Mrs. Killnoizer wants one for her working place !   

You cannot view this attachment.

Throw the decals. They'll disintegrate when threatened with water.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

zenrat

From the Adelaide show.

This will join the Yak 38 & 141 in my stash for a triumvirate of VTOL Yaks.  I've not built an Anigrand kit before.  Looks good in the box.  Slight bananaing in the fuselage halves.
Yak-36 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Be-200ES by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

I also held in my hands a Unicrap kit.  First one i've seen in the flesh.  I thought "nice box art", remembered what Lee says about them and put it down.

In addition to the above kits, two different bottles of orange SMS paint (to custom mix paint for General Lee), 100 #11 scalpel blades, 10 0.5mm drill bits (I break a lot of these), a dental mirror & pick (thinking of taking up a new hobby  ;) ), and a pair of surgical clamps (alway wanted a pair of these - now I can play at being Hawkeye).
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Wooksta!

Hurray!  I can claim a small victory in my endless war.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

zenrat

Quote from: The Wooksta! on October 10, 2023, 04:23:58 AMHurray!  I can claim a small victory in my endless war.

See, I do pay attention.   ;D  :thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on October 10, 2023, 04:19:49 AMFrom the Adelaide show.

This will join the Yak 38 & 141 in my stash for a triumvirate of VTOL Yaks.  I've not built an Anigrand kit before.  Looks good in the box.  Slight bananaing in the fuselage halves.

I quite like Anigrand, they tend to be a bit "clunky" and heavy, but once cleaned up go together ok  :thumbsup:  Make sure you give the castings a thorough wash before putting them together.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Quote from: zenrat on October 10, 2023, 04:19:49 AMnow I can play at being Hawkeye

Which one? From Mash or the Marvel Universe Avengers?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

That Be-2000 is a nice kit, just a pity they didn't do the larger Albattros. I know Anigrand did but I can't afford them.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit