My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

Quote from: Spey_Phantom on October 06, 2023, 03:58:31 AMsecondhand wins  :mellow: !

-Revell 1/144 BAe146 TNT
-Revell 1/144 Airbus A310
-Crown 1/144 Republic P-47D Thunderbolt & Aichi E13-A1 Seaplane Type-11

arrived today :)
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Old Wombat

I'd need a microscope more than a simple magnifier! :blink:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Gondor

Arrived at 18:30 this evening by Royal Mail

1 x 1/72, Fine Molds FP35, Imperial Japanese Navy Planned Interceptor Mitsubishi A7M2 SAM. All the way from Plaza Japan at a very nice price and in roughly two weeks from placeing the order.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

IIRC - and I did mine in 1997, so it's a bit hazy - the fit is a bit "Meh" on that kit, especially the wing/fuselage.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

DogfighterZen

Resin goodies came today from BAM models in France:
1x Enclosed Weapons Pod and 1x Block III update set for Meng 1/48 F/A-18 Super Hornet kits

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on October 11, 2023, 12:27:07 PMIIRC - and I did mine in 1997, so it's a bit hazy - the fit is a bit "Meh" on that kit, especially the wing/fuselage.

I am sure I will manage. This boxing is a whiff in a box as nearly all the decal options are for operational machines so I am sure it will confse a few punters thinking is some kind of Zero.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Captain Canada

First one in forever......working down in Windsor, ON again, so I had to hit the local hobby shop Windsor Hobbies and grab something. Walked out with the Atlantis Martin Seamaster kit.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Got myself a cool new cap as well !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Captain Canada on October 11, 2023, 03:14:30 PMGot myself a cool new cap as well !

But is it a 'stash' item, if you're already wearing it all the time?  :unsure: ;)

PR19_Kit

It's 'stashed' on your head....................  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

Just arrived, 2 airfix vulcan B2's one unbuilt complete, one part built complete, not the new mould version but for £25 posted, they will do for me. The part built one looks like its been glued together with expanding foam inside the air intakes, nice. I will hopefully be able to remove whatever it is. One will get decalled as the Vulcan up at the Solway aviation museum, as I have been inside the cockpit of that one. The other as an extended/upgraded version, possibly serving on Gulf war 1, carrying cruise missiles on wing staions and in a rotary bomb bay like the B-1's and B-52's. Or, change the cockpit to a tandem bubble style canopy, large nose transparency and convert to a maritime patrol bomber. 30 mm gun pack scabbed onto the forward fuselage, 3 pairs of sea eagle, or The big Swedish anti ship missiles that the Viggen carried. Fuel in a modified bomb bay, and possibly some mines and or torpedos in there, as well as an air droppable rescue pod.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

zenrat

I am continually amazed at some of the stuff* I find used to build models I get part done.  What comes over people?
I've found some sort of modelling clay inside wings for example.  Why?

*that's stuff, pronounced to rhyme with skit...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

chrisonord

Quote from: zenrat on October 12, 2023, 03:52:07 AMI am continually amazed at some of the stuff* I find used to build models I get part done.  What comes over people?
I've found some sort of modelling clay inside wings for example.  Why?

*that's stuff, pronounced to rhyme with skit...
;D  ;D
That is a new one on me. Looking closely at this stuff, it could be gorrila glue, if so it will need a grinder taking to it. :rolleyes:
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Weaver

Took some HO/OO rail track that I found at my late auntie's house to a combined railway/model shop today. Did a deal, and walked away with a Airfix 1/72nd Buccaneer S.2B Gulf War boxing for a very reasonable price. :thumbsup: 
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

DogfighterZen

This arrived today and from the looks of this one and the 9€ it cost, i'll be buying more of them soon. :thumbsup:

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"