My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Just received late this afternoon from eBay

1 x 1/72 Freightdog Models FDR72-002 P177N 'Fleet Fighter'. This is not an initial production run kit as the canopy is cast in clear resin and both rocket exhaust types are included.

The seller had put a Pavla S 72072 MB.Mk4-DSA - pilot Sea Vixen FAW.1 seat in the box as well.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Pellson

Quote from: Gondor on October 13, 2023, 08:56:32 AMJust received late this afternoon from eBay

1 x 1/72 Freightdog Models FDR72-002 P177N 'Fleet Fighter'. This is not an initial production run kit as the canopy is cast in clear resin and both rocket exhaust types are included.

The seller had put a Pavla S 72072 MB.Mk4-DSA - pilot Sea Vixen FAW.1 seat in the box as well.

Gondor

Great catch!  :thumbsup:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Gondor

Quote from: Pellson on October 13, 2023, 09:59:01 AM
Quote from: Gondor on October 13, 2023, 08:56:32 AMJust received late this afternoon from eBay

Gondor

Great catch!  :thumbsup:

That's what I thought.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Spey_Phantom

Quote from: Spey_Phantom on October 05, 2023, 12:38:02 PMplaced a small order last night:

- KP 1/72 R44 Robinson
- KP 1/72 Avro 626
- A-Model 1/72 Grumman G.36A (Martlet Mk.I)

arrived yesterday :)
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

zenrat

Had a visit from my now favourite Nephew.
His parents are moving across the country meaning they wanted rid of stuff their sons had left with them.
He gave me this.
20231014_151551 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
MiG 27M, F4-S, Me 210-A1, and Ju 87 D-5 are all Italeri 1/72 and unstarted.  All complete except the Stuka which is missing one stab strut (easilly scratched up).  All without transfers (as if that matters to the likes of us).
The box contained three boys worth of model aircraft output.  Most of them 1/72 with glue f**ked clear parts, heavily brush painted, and with the props missing blades.  But none of that matters as this is a fantastic source of raw whiff fodder and parts.
High points include an Airfix Sunderland, Revell Lanc B.III Special, Italeri PBJ-1D, unknown Ju 88, and a Revell SR71.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on October 14, 2023, 05:28:12 AMHad a visit from my now favourite Nephew.

Creep  ;D No seriously, very generous of them  :thumbsup:

I've always had a liking for the Me 210/410 types ever since I first discovered them as a kid.  The Fw 187 joined them when I discovered the MPM kit.  Could do the 210 as Romanian, Bulgarian ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Nick

Quote from: zenrat on October 14, 2023, 05:28:12 AMHad a visit from my now favourite Nephew.
His parents are moving across the country meaning they wanted rid of stuff their sons had left with them.

That F-4S Phantom is a little simplistic but a very good build with more detail than you'd expect. Your nephew's a good lad  :thumbsup:

jcf

QuoteThe part built one looks like its been glued together with expanding foam inside the air intakes, nice.
Perhaps Gorilla Glue, a polyurethane adhesive that foams as it cures?

QuoteThe other as an extended/upgraded version, possibly serving on Gulf war 1, carrying cruise missiles on wing staions and in a rotary bomb bay like the B-1's and B-52's. 
B-52 and B-1 don't have a rotary bomb-bay, the ALCMs are mounted on a rotary dispenser.

They're reminiscent of the rotary dispensers of the Boulton-Paul P.79 bomber concept.

You cannot view this attachment.

chrisonord

Quote from: jcf on October 14, 2023, 09:50:15 AM
QuoteThe part built one looks like its been glued together with expanding foam inside the air intakes, nice.
Perhaps Gorilla Glue, a polyurethane adhesive that foams as it cures?

QuoteThe other as an extended/upgraded version, possibly serving on Gulf war 1, carrying cruise missiles on wing staions and in a rotary bomb bay like the B-1's and B-52's.
B-52 and B-1 don't have a rotary bomb-bay, the ALCMs are mounted on a rotary dispenser.

They're reminiscent of the rotary dispensers of the Boulton-Paul P.79 bomber concept.

You cannot view this attachment.
That is what I meant. Not that itbwill be seen on mine unless I can make somerhing, as I will be mounting some under the wings.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Wardukw

Just had a bloody good auction win ..won a 1/35 RFM Befehls Panther Ausf G .
The reason it was so cheap is its got no tracks but that's it and yep even though it's another Panther it's a absolute doosie of a model.
Yep I'm already having thoughts  :wacko:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

Quote from: Wardukw on October 14, 2023, 11:58:55 AMJust had a bloody good auction win ..won a 1/35 RFM Befehls Panther Ausf G .
The reason it was so cheap is its got no tracks but that's it and yep even though it's another Panther it's a absolute doosie of a model.

I see aftermarker Panther tracks in your future, Young Phill! ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Quote from: Old Wombat on October 15, 2023, 01:00:08 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on October 14, 2023, 11:58:55 AMJust had a bloody good auction win ..won a 1/35 RFM Befehls Panther Ausf G .

Ya know I was thinking the same thing ..then other thoughts took hold 😁🤪
There's going to be tracks all right but not necessarily Panther ones  :wacko:
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

killnoizer

It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

zenrat

Quote from: Wardukw on October 15, 2023, 01:50:04 AM

Railway tracks - armoured train.

:mellow:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Wardukw

Quote from: zenrat on October 15, 2023, 02:55:51 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on October 15, 2023, 01:50:04 AM

Railway tracks - armoured train.

:mellow:
😃😃😃😃