My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: Nick on October 14, 2023, 09:09:12 AMThat F-4S Phantom is a little simplistic but a very good build with more detail than you'd expect. Your nephew's a good lad  :thumbsup:

My thoughts after a quick grok.  Similar in simplicity (but maybe more detail) to the very old Hasegawa Phantom it joins in the stash.
Both are for whiffing and when I get to building an actual Phantom i'll find a Finemolds example.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Today the Wombat Stash grew by;

1 x Revell (RoG) 1/35 Sd. Kfz. 251/1 Ausf.A (03295)
1 x Revell (RoG) 1/35 Kanonenjagdpanzer BeobPz "Observation Version" (03276)
1 x Revell (RoG) 1/35 SPz Marder 1A3 (03261)

All for just a touch over half retail price & there's the extra bonus that SWMBO can't complain (too much) because it was she who sent me the FB MarketPlace link to the kits. ;D

The kits are all, seemingly, flash-free & very nicely detailed on the sprues (Made in Poland) & in the bags. Biggest negatives are vinyl rubber-band tracks & wheels.

Obviously there's not much chance of them being RW (although I may have to do a side-by-side of this Revell kit & my AFV Club kit of the Sd. Kfz. 251 to see which is the better to do as a RW version). ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on October 16, 2023, 01:51:28 AMAll for just a touch over half retail price & there's the extra bonus that SWMBO can't complain (too much) because it was she who sent me the FB MarketPlace link to the kits. ;D

What's she after ?  :angel:  ;)  ;D

Nah, good deal  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

These came today...

Got all i need for my next build, time to start cutting plastic... :mellow:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

The Wooksta!

The Series Espanola decals arrived today. Now, admittedly they are for 48th Spanish Harvards, which is odd as I care nothing for US aircraft and even less for 48th.  And the roundels are useless for my purposes as, as is the sheet I bought some months back,  they are post 1970.

But the numbers?  Different kettle of kettle of worms entirely.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Rick Lowe

And the ongoing mixing of splicing and spindling continues... ;D

It's amazing sometimes where one can find some of the random stuff one needs...

Wardukw

So my longest living mates uncle died a few weeks ago ..yep I know strange way to start a stash list..but there ya go .
Anyways I SAS given what I was told was a couple of his models..oh ol uncle Arthur was a very serious military memorabilia collector and I mean seriously serious.
All German it seems and it's freaking scary..but thus is a model site so models it will be .
My mate Tony lied his arse off guys cause whats sitting in front me is a damn site more than 2..try 14 kit sets and a heap of made up kits ..all aircraft bar 3 armoured vehicles so well end with them.

The kit sets first
Tamiya 1/16th figures x 2
One is Erwin Rommel and a Luftwaffe Ace Pilot .
A Dragon 16th scale figure Hermann Goering division.
Tamiya 1/35th British infantry on patrol
Hasegawa 1/700 German Type 7c and type 9c U boats ..I think there's only one in this box tho now...will be up for grabs .
2 x Airfix  Bofors gun and tractor sets ..one says OO scale and the other 1/72 ..both the same size...these will be up for grabs to you guys .
1 x Airfix 54mm Polish Lancer...1st Lancers of the guard 1815.
1 x Airfix 1/72nd Avro Lancaster B Mk.l / MKlll ..never touched its I think a original rerelease.
Now the kits which might raise some eye brows .

1 x Frog 3/8in scale 75mm Skysweeper antiaircraft gun .
1 x Frog 72nd scale Canberra PR.7
1 x Frog 72nd scale Gloster Javelin ..a tube of glue split open as there's damage to thr upper and lower fuselage sections..fixable tho.
1 x Frog 72nd scale De Havilland DH 110 Sea Vixen...missing the canopy.
1 x Frog 1/96th scale B.O.A.C DC-7C ..looksto be missing a propeller spinner and there's damage to one fuselage side..looks like a bad molding.
Now for the built models.
48th scale first as their the proper size   :lol:
A P-51 D Mustang
A Fokker triplane
A Fokker D V7 Albatros
A Bristol Bulldog.
Now the smaller ..more common scale  :wacko:
Another Fokker Dr1 triplane
Sanders Roe S-R 53
MK2 Spitfire
P-51D Mustang
Albatros DV
F-104 Starfigther
Mig 15
Bristol Figther F2B
Fairey Gannet
Vampire jet fighter
Fairey FD-2
Convair XF-92
Supermarine N-113

Now the armour.
Two terrible Renwall tanks..ones ment to be a M42 Duster and the other a M141 Walker Bulldog..both are neither
 But the last one is very very special to me ..a Monogram Panzer IV Whirlwind..the very first armored vehicle model I ever brought and my very first build 😀 😍
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Dizzyfugu

Ordered four surplus engine nacelles from a Hasegawa 1:200 Boeing 747 for a near future conversion project.  :wacko:

Old Wombat

Quote from: Wardukw on October 17, 2023, 11:25:13 PM1 x Airfix 1/72nd Avro Lancaster B Mk.l / MKlll ..never touched its I think a original rerelease.

That's a keeper! :thumbsup:

Quote from: Wardukw on October 17, 2023, 11:25:13 PMHasegawa 1/700 German Type 7c and type 9c U boats ..I think there's only one in this box tho now...will be up for grabs .
2 x Airfix  Bofors gun and tractor sets ..one says OO scale and the other 1/72 ..both the same size...these will be up for grabs to you guys .

Why? I'm sure you could find something to add them to as "miscellaneous lumps & bumps". ;)  :wacko:

Wardukw

Quote from: Old Wombat on October 18, 2023, 01:42:33 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on October 17, 2023, 11:25:13 PM1 x Airfix 1/72nd Avro Lancaster B Mk.l / MKlll ..never touched its I think a original rerelease.

Quote from: Wardukw on October 17, 2023, 11:25:13 PMHasegawa 1/700 German Type 7c and type 9c U boats ..I think there's only one in this box tho now...will be up for grabs .

Why? I'm sure you could find something to add them to as "miscellaneous lumps & bumps". ;)  :wacko:
;D  ;D
Trust me the eyes have perused the parts and there's nothing I can use..their just to small so I would be quite happy to pass them on to folks who'll use em .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

Quote from: Wardukw on October 18, 2023, 01:46:18 AM

;D  ;D
Trust me the eyes have perused the parts and there's nothing I can use..their just to small so I would be quite happy to pass them on to folks who'll use em .

Well, the 40mm barrels come out to 26.67mm (close enough to 25mm) in 1/48 ;)

Wardukw

Quote from: Old Wombat on October 18, 2023, 02:02:06 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on October 18, 2023, 01:46:18 AM

;D  ;D

Well, the 40mm barrels come out to 26.67mm (close enough to 25mm) in 1/48 ;)
True true but one word I don't we can use is detailed 😁
In one of my small parts boxes is a M3 scout car..Airfix and it been jn there for years..never used any of its parts 🙃

The Wooksta!

Ordered some Spanish Condor and Ju 88 decals from Hannants, as well as some Kopro IL-10 markings. Need the Czech ones for a Bv P194.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

zenrat

The Airfix Morris Truck and Bofors gun is 1/76 scale.

That's a fair collection.  Are the built up ones done well?  Sometimes it's better if they are not as it makes it easier to break them up for whiffing purposes.

If you decide you want to move on the Polish Lancer then please let me know.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: Wardukw on October 17, 2023, 11:25:13 PM1 x Airfix 54mm Polish Lancer...1st Lancers of the guard 1815.

1 x Frog 3/8in scale 75mm Skysweeper antiaircraft gun .

The Polish Lancer is a nice figure, I've fond memories of it and you can always build it as a Dutch Lancer for a slight change. I think it's been or is being reissued.  :thumbsup:

My brain also has memories of that Skysweeper AA gun, but back in the days when it was used as a toy.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.