My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Quote from: zenrat on October 22, 2023, 03:59:49 AM
Quote from: killnoizer on October 21, 2023, 11:38:59 PMSomeone offering 400 build models in the adds for less than 1€ each ...

https://www.kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/modelflugzeuge-ca-400-stueck/2571087992-249-26995

Forget the models.  Check out all those VHS tapes!

That's impressive to see ..even tho their all 72nd I'd be very tempted by that lot 😳 😊
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Wardukw

Just had a great score gents .
I was on Trademe looking for a F22 but before I found that this came across my sights .
Kitty Hawk F35b Lightning 2 1/48.
It was for sale ..not anymore   ;)  ;D  ;D
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

killnoizer

Next one !

You cannot view this attachment.

I hope to find some 1:48  tank tracks for this ...

It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

Old Wombat

One received a few days back, which I forgot to mention:

1 x Tamiya 1/48 Ilyushin IL-2 Shturmovik

Courtesy of Brian T. (buzzbomb).

It looks awesome in the box!

Zero flash, crisp detail, crystal clear transparent parts & a masking "sticker" (with the masks marked but requiring cutting out). The nice-looking Russian decals probably won't be used, as there's a better than even chance of me doing this as an early Kheil HaAvir (IAF) asset.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

The Wooksta!

Czech supplied?

EBay says I've won the Gotha Go 145 I was bidding on, a decidedly rare Dujin kit which is somewhat pricey too, especially the postage from France. I really want the follow on design but Dujin are very hard to find these days.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on October 23, 2023, 05:48:54 AMZero flash, crisp detail, crystal clear transparent parts & a masking "sticker" (with the masks marked but requiring cutting out). The nice-looking Russian decals probably won't be used, as there's a better than even chance of me doing this as an early Kheil HaAvir (IAF) asset.

I like the sound of that  :thumbsup: and as Lee says it could of come via the Czechs ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 23, 2023, 06:42:15 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on October 23, 2023, 05:48:54 AMZero flash, crisp detail, crystal clear transparent parts & a masking "sticker" (with the masks marked but requiring cutting out). The nice-looking Russian decals probably won't be used, as there's a better than even chance of me doing this as an early Kheil HaAvir (IAF) asset.

I like the sound of that  :thumbsup: and as Lee says it could of come via the Czechs ?

I have no idea but Czech-supplied works for me! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

killnoizer

Got a new Enterprise ( build one 15 years ago , that is stored somewhere there deep in my stash ) .

Revell 04880

It is a holy grail , nothing for me to change at the basic thing , except the paint job 👻 .

I'm addicted to kirk and Spock since their first appearance in Germany in 1972 .

My theme for the coming exhibition this week :

To boldly build what no men has build before...

It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

PR19_Kit

Quote from: killnoizer on October 23, 2023, 09:41:36 AMTo boldly build what no men has build before...

Make it so................

To mix various Star Trek time frames.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Received today from eBay

1 x 1/72 quickboost QB 72 457 Lancaster Gun Barrels.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Rick Lowe

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 23, 2023, 10:35:40 AM
Quote from: killnoizer on October 23, 2023, 09:41:36 AMTo boldly build what no men has build before...

Make it so................

To mix various Star Trek time frames.  ;D

Engage! - to mix the various seasons...  ;)

Gondor

From  dadlamassu's Autumn Sale, and delivered in person

1 x 1/72 Airfix A02096 Hawker Hurricane/Sea Hurricane Mk IIc

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Wardukw

In the mail today I got a couple of Hobbyboss AM gun barrels..alloy ones .
One for a Panzer IV and a 2 piece King Tiger barrel.
Both have brass muzzle breaks and those are very nicely made..these will be added to the spares pile 😀

zenrat

I went into my LHS yesterday to grab some evergreen and tamiya rattle can paint.
It was a sad sight.  The shelves were almost empty of kits and the paint racks were nearly bare.  I'm not sure how much longer it'll be there.
The guy who works there was positive they'll be getting more stock in soon but he always says that.
I got the evergreen I wanted but they didn't have the right colour paint.
Wanting to support them I grabbed a kit I keep looking at and putting back on the shelf.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

If you but it, there'll be less on the shelves so others may be put off from coming in, but at least it'll improve his cash flow...................
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit