My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: DogfighterZen on November 14, 2023, 02:31:46 PMDelivered today... not an Me 410...  ;D

....but a nice re-boxed Special Hobby kit. Much better than the old Revell re-boxing of the Frog P-70.  :thumbsup:

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on November 15, 2023, 04:04:49 AM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on November 14, 2023, 02:31:46 PMDelivered today... not an Me 410...  ;D

....but a nice re-boxed Special Hobby kit. Much better than the old Revell re-boxing of the Frog P-70.  :thumbsup:

Yup, i was well aware and that's why i bought this box.  :thumbsup:
According to Scalemates, it's an MPM kit that's been reboxed by Revell, first in 2012 as a Boston Mk.V/A-20J and then by Special Hobby. This is the second Revell edition from 2016 and i was particularly interested in this box because of the 3 nose sections included.
It is a beauty indeed, i had a quick look at the sprues( i always check for missing or damaged parts) and it should be an enjoyable build. I had my eye on the Special Hobby edition of the A-20G "Low altitude raiders" which is selling for 29,50€ but then i found this one in a Portuguese store that normally sells older kits from privates collections and saw this one there for 7€ less.  :mellow:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

The Wooksta!

Revell did their own P-70 back in the 60s, AFAIK they never released the Frog one.  They do own the Matchbox tool.  Confusingly, they released their own tooling in a Matchbox labelled box in the late 90s.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

DogfighterZen

Quote from: The Wooksta! on November 15, 2023, 09:11:30 AMRevell did their own P-70 back in the 60s, AFAIK they never released the Frog one.  They do own the Matchbox tool.  Confusingly, they released their own tooling in a Matchbox labelled box in the late 90s.

I don't think i've ever seen any of the kits you mention, Lee. I became interested in this kit after i got the A/B-26 Intruder kits and started thinking about a Portuguese A-20/P-70 back in the late 1940s/early 50s. and didn't even read about other kits but, i'm glad i did do my research and through the reviews of the several boxes, i quickly realized that it wasn't even worth considering other options, especially because the Special Hobby kits are widely available at the moment and aren't very expensive. I had the SH kit next on my list if i hadn't found this one at a lower price so, i'd get one of these kits either way.
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Nick

I've only got home late last night having spent a few extra days in the Telford area shopping and visiting Ludlow. Still need to unpack fully but working from rough memory...

1 rather expensive but high quality pair of GodHand Ultimate nippers. Super sharp with a small fine head to get into the tight spaces on sprues. Recommended by one of the demonstrator guys and lots of people bought a set  :lol:
https://www.gunpla.co.uk/shop/accessories-modelling-tools/godhand-spn-120-ultimate-nipper-5-0/

Spyplanes book from the charity stand
3 Tamiya spray cans - shades of USAF grey.
Pot of Xtracrylix Olive Brown so I can complete the SAAF Hunter.
Hexagon base stand

1/144
M48H Patton tank (Taiwan)

1/72
Frog DH Sea Venom (from Kitbasher's sale)
Brengun - photo etch bicycles for just £2  :thumbsup:  https://www.super-hobby.co.uk/products/BICYCLE-2pcs.html
Hobby / Airfix M551 Sheridan tank
Academy M1126 Stryker

Aztec Decals - Mexican Navy markings for E-2C Hawkeye, Grumman Duck, OS2U Kingfisher and Beech Mentor
Begemot Decals - Mi-8 helicopter in Soviet, Aeroflot, Israeli, Afghan, Krygyzstan, Egypt and India markings.

The Wooksta!

Willie gave me a pair of Dragon Dornier Do 335s to choose from, a two seat trainer and the heavy destroyer, so I've chosen the latter.  This is the donor kit for the long span wings I picked up last week.

There's also an Eduard Fw 190A-5 sitting at Uncle Frank's waiting for me.  That's going Spanish.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

jcf

The Revell A-20C kit was first released in 1967, in 1975 it was released as the P-70 with new parts added for the P-70; solid nose, belly gunpack etc.

Gondor

Received this evening from the BIG yellow H

1 x 1/72 eduard 2143 Wunderschone Neue Maschinen Pt.2 Bf 109G-2 & Bf 109G-4. Some interesting markings in the box along with lots of parts.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

The forthcoming G-6 looks to be more interesting, given the tall tail on the sprues.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on November 17, 2023, 01:56:59 PMThe forthcoming G-6 looks to be more interesting, given the tall tail on the sprues.

True, looking forward to their K as well. I really like the late war Me 109's

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

NARSES2

Quote from: Gondor on November 18, 2023, 02:11:54 AM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on November 17, 2023, 01:56:59 PMThe forthcoming G-6 looks to be more interesting, given the tall tail on the sprues.

Gondor

The AZ/KP K's are nice, especially the What if offerings, but it will be interesting to see an Eduard version.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 18, 2023, 06:21:48 AM
Quote from: Gondor on November 18, 2023, 02:11:54 AM

Gondor

The AZ/KP K's are nice, especially the What if offerings, but it will be interesting to see an Eduard version.

Don't think there's much of a chance but would be even more interesting (to me, at least) if they included the 4 blade prop like the AZ kit.

The Wooksta!

Unlikely, Eduard don't go for whiffery.  The more sensible would keep the relevant bits from the KP for the Eduard.  That's my plan anyway.

The recent whiffed KP/AZ Ks are just a quick rebox, they haven't altered the fuselage sprue as it needs a canopy rail.  Not impressed with their He 162 C/D either as it doesn't have the correct HeS 011 engine.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

DogfighterZen

Quote from: The Wooksta! on November 18, 2023, 07:49:26 AMUnlikely, Eduard don't go for whiffery.  The more sensible would keep the relevant bits from the KP for the Eduard.  That's my plan anyway.

Yup, that's a good call.  :thumbsup:
I have the AZ kit so that's what i'll probably end up doing but i'm in no rush to build a 109. I'm doing the same with some kits like Hasegawa's F-16E which will donate specific E variant bits to put on a Tamiya kit.

Gondor

Received today from eBay

1 x 1/72 Airfix A06021 Blackburn Buccaneer S.2C to be done as one of the options in the box, possibly as a previous one has be reallocated to XV Squadron RAF as an early RAF machine.

Gondor