My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

In the mail today was a lovely envelope form Hannants.
A set of Begemot decals for the Forger with russian and Ukrainian markings..i only want the Ukrainian ones anyway for my Harrier build..might be a weee problem tho..the roundels might be a little to big for a Harrier.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Wardukw

Picked up a couple of made models today..a 48th T-33 and what was supposed to be a 48th F-100D Super Sabre.
Well the Sabre is 72nd because the T-33 is massive compared to it .
Now im on the hunt again for a 48th F-100 Super Sabre again  and I don't care if it's built.. damaged or missing something..hopefully not the canopy..but yep know the hunt again..I have an idea 🤔 😉
Also scored a Hobbyboss King tiger in 35th on special on trademe..was $59 down to $42 👍
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Gondor

Rescued from the local sub post office a parcle from the Big Yellow H containing

1 x 1/35 AFV Club British 20pdr gun barrel AG35018 for a future project
1 x 1/72 eduard BRASSIN R-27R/R1 / AA-10 Alamo-A 672256
1 x 1/72 Print Scale Hawker Siddeley Buccaneer Part-2 72-402
1 x 1/72 Print Scale Blackburn Firebrand 72-496 Been after a decal set like these as they have the late markings that will go with a kit I have3 hideing in my model room
1 x 1/72 Model Alliance Decals RAF Germany Pt II 1970-1975 MA-72187 Has the XV squadron markings for my last Buccaneer purchase
1 x 1/72 Xtradecal Messerschmitt Me 410 X72286 to go with the Airfix kit I have.
1 x 1/72 Kora Messerschmitt Bf 109Ga-6/Bf 109G-6 Hungarian Air Force KPK 72107. The plastic looks remarkably similar to the AZ 109's
1 x 1/72 Clear Prop Seasprite UH-2 A/B CP72002

From Accurate Armour

1 1/72 Conway 120mm Tank Destroyer C042

From eBay

1 x 1/72 Microscale Japanese Group Markings 72-0068. Bought because I thought they may turn out to be useful.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

DogfighterZen

These came in today...

PJ F-35 pilot to be used on the Kittyhawk F-35C kit as i've read that the kit's figure doesn't fit in the seat very well.
The MD-500E set will be mixed with the other CMK AH-6J conversion set and an Academy kit.
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

The Wooksta!

Gondor, the Kora 109 is the AZ kit - I have the G-12AS and the plastic in that one is the AZ G.

And a small parcel arrived from Freightdog, containing the canopies for his TSR2 trainer conversion.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on November 22, 2023, 01:11:59 PMGondor, the Kora 109 is the AZ kit - I have the G-12AS and the plastic in that one is the AZ G.

And a small parcel arrived from Freightdog, containing the canopies for his TSR2 trainer conversion.

I said that tongue in cheek Lee as I have thirteen AZ Bf 109's in my stash so it was easy to tell they were the same.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Wardukw

In the post today a 48th Monogram F-15 Eagle..it has no canopy but other than that it's complete.
Good score for a 20 note  :thumbsup:

Gondor

Received from eBay

1 x 1/72 Combat Kit EADS C-101 Aviojet

Gondor

EDIT: Delivered at 7pm from Jadlam Raceing

1 x 1/35 Amusing Hobby FV221 Caernarvon 35A042

The Wooksta!

Snaffled another Amodel Bf 19V31 off eBay. This was a prototype for the Me 309 but I think the wing will be better on a Kora 109G-12.  The one I have will go with either a K or G-10 fuselage.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Old Wombat

Not something purchased recently but, rather, a back-order has come in, meaning this lot are on their way:

1 x Airfix Models 1/48 Westland Sea King HAS.1/HAS.5/HU.5 (AX11006) - this was the one I was waiting for, it will become a RW RAN Mk.5 variant
1 x DEF Model 1/35 German UNIMOG Lkw 2t Sagged Wheels Set for Revell kits #03020/03082 [5 wheels] (DEF-DW35046) - fairly sure I need a couple more of these
1 x ZLPLA 1/35 Girls in Action Series - Felicia [resin figure] (ZL-GM-006) - female figure suitable for modern/post-apocalyptic dioramas (that isn't too sexualised)
1 x ZLPLA 1/35 Girls in Action Series - Urbana [resin figure] (ZL-GM-021) - female figure suitable for modern/post-apocalyptic dioramas (that isn't too sexualised)
1 x ZLPLA 1/35 Girls In Action Series - Isadora [resin figure] (ZL-GM-035) - female figure suitable for modern/post-apocalyptic dioramas (that isn't too sexualised)

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Isadora's face looks particularly well cast if the illustration on the box top is anything to go by  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Received today from eBay

1 x 1/72 Airfix TSR.2MS Stratos4 kit. which is good because...

Received from Colin Freightdog

1 x 1/72 BAC TSR.2 Trainer conversion set
1 x 1/72 BAC TSR.2 Interceptor
1 x 1/72 Handley Page Halifax B.II Improvement set 1
1 x 1/72 Handley Page Halifax B.II Series 1A Improvement set 2
1 x 1/72 BAe Harrier GR.9 TERMA pod FDR72063

Also delivered today

1 x 1/72 eduard TSR.2 etch cockpit set SS257

Gondor

kitbasher

Quote from: Gondor on November 24, 2023, 06:09:28 AMReceived today from eBay

1 x 1/72 Airfix TSR.2MS Stratos4 kit. which is good because...

Received from Colin Freightdog

1 x 1/72 BAC TSR.2 Trainer conversion set
1 x 1/72 BAC TSR.2 Interceptor
1 x 1/72 Handley Page Halifax B.II Improvement set 1
1 x 1/72 Handley Page Halifax B.II Series 1A Improvement set 2
1 x 1/72 BAe Harrier GR.9 TERMA pod FDR72063

Also delivered today

1 x 1/72 eduard TSR.2 etch cockpit set SS257

Gondor

So, a TSR.2/Halifax mash-up, then!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 24, 2023, 06:00:04 AMIsadora's face looks particularly well cast if the illustration on the box top is anything to go by  :thumbsup:

As is that socking great rifle she's toting!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Picked up today from my mate John.
All aircraft are 1/48th ..
Airfix Martin B-57B Canberra
Monogram F-101 two seat Voodoo
Monogram B-26 Marauder
Monogram Lockheed PV-1 Ventura
Otaki F4U-1A Corsair

Also in 1/35th
1 x Dragon Flakpanzer T-34 with a complete T-34 turret you don't need ..fact there's a heap of spares with this kit ..magic tracks too  ;D
AFV Club Centurion Shot Kal 1973...having ideas with the other one of these I have which was already made ..not by me ...it's perfect to be modded  :thumbsup:
Now for the scariest tank of em all ..this one will give a armour and non armour builders the willies for sure .
It's a IBG Models Tankietka TKS z NKM wz.38 FK-A 20MM .
Now small is a relative term here as it's fecking small ..and I really mean that .
The tracks are link and lenght and are a massive 5.05mm wide ..the drive sprockets are 12.9 mm in dia  :o
And here's the kicker ..it's got a brass 20mm cannon barrel and PE  :wacko:
Funnily I'm really looking forward to building this  ;D