My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Gondor on December 08, 2023, 07:02:38 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on December 08, 2023, 06:36:18 AM
Quote from: Gondor on December 08, 2023, 06:31:38 AMReceived from Special Hobby today

1 x 1/72 Special Hobby SH 72217 Blackburn Skua Mk.II "Silver Wings"

Gondor

Has to be an easier build than the Pavla kit, but that isn't saying to much as I gave up with the Pavla one and the Wookster took it off my hands  :angel:

Just checked Scalemates, it's a completely different kit. Looks like a decent model through the bag, though the engine will be a bit of a challenge with al the exhausts from each cylinder to the collector ring  :-\

Gondor

Just looked at mine and found it part started.  See what you mean about the engine, so I'll swerve the whole issue and go for the resin one.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on December 10, 2023, 12:31:04 PM
Quote from: Gondor on December 08, 2023, 07:02:38 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on December 08, 2023, 06:36:18 AM
Quote from: Gondor on December 08, 2023, 06:31:38 AMReceived from Special Hobby today

1 x 1/72 Special Hobby SH 72217 Blackburn Skua Mk.II "Silver Wings"

Gondor

Has to be an easier build than the Pavla kit, but that isn't saying to much as I gave up with the Pavla one and the Wookster took it off my hands  :angel:

Just checked Scalemates, it's a completely different kit. Looks like a decent model through the bag, though the engine will be a bit of a challenge with al the exhausts from each cylinder to the collector ring  :-\

Gondor

Just looked at mine and found it part started.  See what you mean about the engine, so I'll swerve the whole issue and go for the resin one.

The whole engine and the exhausts are resin Lee.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

No, I have a complete cowl and engine mould, from the Dujin Skua, and I'll be using that instead of the kit one. I don't like the kit cowl anyway, as the flaps are open.

Snaffled a few things off the bay of E:
Huma Arado Ar 80 - likely Spain
ICM Revell Dornier Do 17Z-10 - glazing for the standard nose are in it, and it was cheap. Spain or perhaps Turkey.
Airfix Gloster Meteor F8 - stash or possibly RW RAAF.
Airfix Gloster Meteor FR9  - saw a BIN at a reasonable price. It comes with the lethality for RAAF Korean war examples.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

DogfighterZen

Today i won a couple of auctions on ebay... One for the 1997 Italeri 1/48 UH-1N Twin Huey Gunship for 31,50€, and the other one was for a 2002 Revell 1/48 F-15E with an Eduard PE cockpit set. for 45€. Both prices include tracked shipping from Germany.
Not exactly the best deals ever but, considering that these were the cheapest of each kit that i could find (selling within the EU, to avoid Customs fees which would almost double the total) and that the rest i could find are all selling for over twice as much as what i paid for them, i think i came out with a fair deal.  :mellow:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Wardukw

Quote from: DogfighterZen on December 10, 2023, 03:34:15 PMToday i won a couple of auctions on ebay... One for the 1997 Italeri 1/48 UH-1N Twin Huey Gunship for 31,50€, and the other one was for a 2002 Revell 1/48 F-15E with an Eduard PE cockpit set. for 45€. Both prices include tracked shipping from Germany.
Not exactly the best deals ever but, considering that these were the cheapest of each kit that i could find (selling within the EU, to avoid Customs fees which would almost double the total) and that the rest i could find are all selling for over twice as much as what i paid for them, i think i came out with a fair deal.  :mellow:

Luckily Rui mate we've got it pretty good here when it's comes to customs..here if the weight is 10kgs and over then customs can be a pain but under that and your all good .
The sweet thing for me is nothing I get from overseas comes anywhere near that weight 🙂
As for your price scores ..very nice  ;D
I had a similar experience when I scored a 48th scale Academy Seymour Johnson F-15E for $45nz for trademe and on the same site in the 48th scale listings the same kit for twice that 😳 😀
I was very happy 😊
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Wardukw on December 10, 2023, 06:47:13 PM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on December 10, 2023, 03:34:15 PMToday i won a couple of auctions on ebay... One for the 1997 Italeri 1/48 UH-1N Twin Huey Gunship for 31,50€, and the other one was for a 2002 Revell 1/48 F-15E with an Eduard PE cockpit set. for 45€. Both prices include tracked shipping from Germany.

Luckily Rui mate we've got it pretty good here when it's comes to customs..here if the weight is 10kgs and over then customs can be a pain but under that and your all good .
The sweet thing for me is nothing I get from overseas comes anywhere near that weight 🙂
As for your price scores ..very nice  ;D
I had a similar experience when I scored a 48th scale Academy Seymour Johnson F-15E for $45nz for trademe and on the same site in the 48th scale listings the same kit for twice that 😳 😀
I was very happy 😊

Portuguese Customs started charging ridiculous taxes for anything and everything a couple of years ago. Before that, there was a limit of 41€ for the value of the package and we didn't have to pay if it was under that limit but now, you end up paying almost double of the original price after customs tax fees. :banghead:
And also, some sellers seem to think that a plastic kit becomes gold when it becomes an OOP item... :banghead:  :banghead:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Retrieved from my local sorting office a small package from Hannants to enhance the Airfix 1/48 Sea Fury I got at the recent LMS.

Eduard 1/48 canopy masks and steel seat belts
Barracuda Studios 1/48 resin replacement cowling and exhaust stubs.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

jcf

chrisonord

Went in the model shop this afternoon and bought some paint, and something I have absolutely no idea what to do with. Airfix 1/72nd scale SRN-1 hovercraft. Not opened it up yet to see what its like  but once I do, I will probably see what can be done.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

DogfighterZen

Supposed to be here a week ago but i guess it's a downside of living in the interior of the country, mail always takes longer than everywhere else... but this time it was DHL being late... delivered today...

Heller He 112 will probably arrive tomorrow... :thumbsup:

Rick Lowe

Quote from: chrisonord on December 11, 2023, 11:13:53 AMWent in the model shop this afternoon and bought some paint, and something I have absolutely no idea what to do with. Airfix 1/72nd scale SRN-1 hovercraft. Not opened it up yet to see what its like  but once I do, I will probably see what can be done.

I was a bit surprised to hear that had come out again - I thought the moulds had long since been lost... now if they can find again some of the other MIA ones, especially some of the rarer 1/32 cars, I will be a bit happier/less grumpy than normal... ;)  ;D

zenrat

Quote from: jcf on December 11, 2023, 06:56:12 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on December 11, 2023, 12:39:46 AM
Quote from: jcf on December 10, 2023, 12:15:03 PMFJ43 "SUV"?
:rolleyes:

Their terminology, not mine! :rolleyes:
I know, I just find their wording odd.

I dunno, it's both more sporting AND more utilitarian than some cars given that label these days.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Wooksta!

I've been promised a Planet Junkers Ju 290.  Possibly RW Spain, although I may change the scheme.  Although I need to source some new canopies direct from Plamet as they've gone gold.  The one I already have has gone the same way.

Toying with the idea of getting a Planet Ju 390, despite the price tag. For what has to be the first time ever, it's cheaper buying from Hannants than direct from Planet (on a purely item basis). Got to be easier than building either the Contrail one or using the Bird conversion for the Revell kit.  IIRC the Contrail one was the proposed production one with the nose and tail turrets.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

The Wooksta!

The second German parcel finally arrived and contained a pair each of a Blohm und Voss P.203 and a Messerschmitt P.1112.  3d printed by my3dbase.com

Both are superbly printed in plastic and the brief play I've had with both shows them to have a really good fit.   Can't wait to make a start on the P.203 especially.  Given that the only alternative is a largely unobtainium Unicraft piece of crap, this looks like Eduard or Tamiya by comparison.

Also in the package was a Jumo 222, but I've a strong feeling that it is 48th, not 72.  Looks to be too big, especially for an engine that's meant to be interchangeable with a Jumo 213 or BMW 801.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan: