My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Second hand Novo ones seem to be about a tenner on eBay, which is reasonable for what is still an accurate kit.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

chrisonord

Quote from: The Wooksta! on December 19, 2023, 11:39:00 AMSecond hand Novo ones seem to be about a tenner on eBay, which is reasonable for what is still an accurate kit.
Cheers, they are not too bad to build either so 2 of those for less than a Dora one will.do for me.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

chrisonord

Quote from: chrisonord on December 19, 2023, 03:31:09 PM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on December 19, 2023, 11:39:00 AMSecond hand Novo ones seem to be about a tenner on eBay, which is reasonable for what is still an accurate kit.
Cheers, they are not too bad to build either so 2 of those for less than a Dora one will do for me.

Just looked on Ebay and someone is trying to sell one as Brand New for 27 quid?? They need to have a sit down somewhere quiet, and have a reet good think about that, plus they were probably brand new around 50 years ago.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

The Wooksta!

Quote from: chrisonord on December 19, 2023, 03:31:09 PM
Cheers, they are not too bad to build either so 2 of those for less than a Dora one will.do for me.

Actually, having checked after posting, available examples seem to be somewhat more pricey, but I have seen them around for a tenner.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Wardukw

Well today didnt quite go to plan .
I had to go to Auckland today ...xmas shopping with me and i needed some blades from my LJHS ,,Stocker Models .
Now i havent been there for about  a month and a hlaf ...didnt need to go and everytime i went to Auckland i had other things more important so to speck to get sorted ,,,mostly medical at very annoying times .
Well it seems i definitely hadnt been forgotten about because Colin had been putting a wee pile of goodies for me aside ...and damn lads ,,,im still knocked back over the score and the amount .
Heres the first of it ...this pic really is stupid really ...its a cardboard box with cardboard tubes in it ..
DSCF4437 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Then you take out whats  in all those tubes aand you get this lot ..
DSCF4439 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Now this still dont give to clear a picture ....so heres the same pile again with a 35th scale T-55 Enigma sitting in it ..
DSCF4440 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Theres hundreds of pieces of wood here ...some so thin you would think their paper ...nope i checked ..wood...theres I beams ..in wood ...U channel ..in wood ...and its not over yet ...because inside that same stonking big box theres also this lot ..also 5 packets of real wood shingles for building dolls houses
DSCF4442 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Now to this.
DSCF4441 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
33 packets of strip styrene ...some started but only missing like one or two pieces ...others brand new ...and 12 packets of sheet ,,,again same as the others ...some started ..some not ...now heres the real shocker ..$25 bucks the lot .
Is it over yet i hear ya wonder ...nope ..not at all ...like i said ,shocked ..
Now we have this lot
3 Blackdog 1/48 A-10 Wart hog engines
DSCF4443 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Plus
DSCF4444 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Plus
DSCF4445 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Plus
DSCF4446 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Plus
DSCF4447 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
And these two ..
DSCF4449 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4448 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
i swear theres only two more
DSCF4450 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4451 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
The price for this lot ...$35...no crap ...35 notes for all that .
The bikes are both 1/8 scale and the BMW is a Bandai kit .
Twas a pretty epic day .

PS...I did get my knife blades  ;D  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

How the Hell did you remember the knife blades with all that lot being piled up into your arms? :blink:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on December 20, 2023, 12:55:58 AMHow the Hell did you remember the knife blades with all that lot being piled up into your arms? :blink:

The retailer put them between his teeth to hold  ;D

I've seen those packs of "Dolls House Wood" before at a t toy/model fair, but what's the lead foil for ? I'm intrigued.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 19, 2023, 07:18:11 AMAs I'm staying only 3.5 miles away, I visited the Big H today. Not my first time there of course, but the place never ceases to AMAZE me just how huge it is. The aisles are 25+ yrds  long, and have racks to the 15 ft ceiling on BOTH sides of each aisle, and there's maybe 15 aisles, all STUFFED with plastic kits.

I've never been, do they let you wander the aisles unaccompanied ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Pellson

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 20, 2023, 01:36:25 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 19, 2023, 07:18:11 AMAs I'm staying only 3.5 miles away, I visited the Big H today. Not my first time there of course, but the place never ceases to AMAZE me just how huge it is. The aisles are 25+ yrds  long, and have racks to the 15 ft ceiling on BOTH sides of each aisle, and there's maybe 15 aisles, all STUFFED with plastic kits.

Probably not if you're wearing your Barbour with game pockets..  ;D
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Pellson on December 20, 2023, 01:52:25 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on December 20, 2023, 01:36:25 AM

Probably not if you're wearing your Barbour with game pockets..  ;D

Yes, they really do!  :thumbsup:

You have to go through the Sales Admin Dept. to get in or out, so there's no way of smuggling anything past them. It's a truly MIND boggling experience, seeing the vast amount of kits all stashed up there. The place is so massive that when Dave Hannant, the original owner, was alive he kept a FULL SIZE Harrier GR3 in there, a real one!  :o

And that was as WELL as all the kits........
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Nick

I remember seeing that Harrier back 20 years ago. I think it was one that crashed on a beach during an airshow and he bought the remains. Or am I confusing it with another?
There was also a 50 seat coach in there too.

I feel a road trip to Lowestoft coming on  ;D

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Wardukw

Quote from: Old Wombat on December 20, 2023, 12:55:58 AMHow the Hell did you remember the knife blades with all that lot being piled up into your arms? :blink:
Oh trust me matey ...it was a last second thing ..with all this coming out from the back of the shop I wasn't thinking much about blades  ;D
Quote from: zenrat on December 20, 2023, 03:37:28 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on December 19, 2023, 09:12:43 PMDSCF4450 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr

:wub:

Good score.   :thumbsup:

I knew you'd like that 😏 😉
It's very likely I'll never do anything with that Fred..not really what I do now...yours if ya want it matey 😄
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 20, 2023, 01:34:53 AM

I've seen those packs of "Dolls House Wood" before at a t toy/model fair, but what's the lead foil for ? I'm intrigued.

Modelling the lead flashing around dolls house chimneys?  The packaging does say "fly-tying material"  so possibly to weight fishing line.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Wardukw

Quote from: Rheged on December 20, 2023, 08:50:59 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on December 20, 2023, 01:34:53 AM

Modelling the lead flashing around dolls house chimneys?  The packaging does say "fly-tying material"  so possibly to weight fishing line.
Michael that's exactly what their for..I just did a quick search and confirmed..there for fly fishing and since I don't do fly fishing you can bet their not getting used for that 😉
What they will get used for is am entirely different question..I idea at sll  ;D