My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Received today from Freighdog

1 x 1/72 Freightdog Models FSD72-0025 Brits Abroad Immediate Post-War RAF
1 x 1/72 Freightdog Models FSD72010 Brits Abroad Pt.IV- RAF Over Egypt and Palestine

That means that I have all four Brits Abroad decal sets  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

jcf

Apparently the adhesive lead foil is also used directly on some flys to form the "belly" so they sink quickly.
The arcane world of fly-tying: floaters, sinkers and those that become neutrally buoyant beneath the surface.
;)

The Rat

Quote from: jcf on December 20, 2023, 12:36:22 PMThe arcane world of fly-tying

Tried that once, couldn't get the little blighters to stop struggling.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

DogfighterZen

Last entry of the year for my stash is another ebay auction win, also from Germany, the Revell 1/48 F-15E. :mellow: 

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Pellson

I might have snatched an old Matchbox Buckeye off Evilbay as it was from the same seller that had a High Planes Avon Sabre conversion I wanted.

I really should build more and buy less..  :rolleyes:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Wardukw

Right time ..fantastic price..just scored a 35th scale Takom M47 E/M Patton  .

Been on the want list for a little while now..very nice 😁😁
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Pellson on December 20, 2023, 02:27:56 PMI might have snatched an old Matchbox Buckeye off Evilbay as it was from the same seller that had a High Planes Avon Sabre conversion I wanted.

The High Planes Avon Sabre conversion is nicer than the Ventura. Mine came with decals and an Academy Sabre.  It's got open air brakes too.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Dizzyfugu

Maybe the last purchase for 2023, and a rather spontaneous one: at ev!lbay UK a vintage mecha kit popped up, an original Takara 1:72 Abitate F44D "Desert Gunner" from the 1982 "Fang of the Sun - Dougram" TV series.
NiB, very reasonable price, and despite the horrible postage (due to UK being outside the EU) I snagged it - the occasion (just a little more than EUR 50,- in total) was just too good to be ignored...  :angel:

Pellson

Quote from: The Wooksta! on December 20, 2023, 11:57:35 PM
Quote from: Pellson on December 20, 2023, 02:27:56 PMI might have snatched an old Matchbox Buckeye off Evilbay as it was from the same seller that had a High Planes Avon Sabre conversion I wanted.

The High Planes Avon Sabre conversion is nicer than the Ventura. Mine came with decals and an Academy Sabre.  It's got open air brakes too.

Thanks Lee. Your opinion on things like this is appreciated, knowing how picky and thorough you are. Appreciated!
I have an old Academy Sabre somewhere in the StashTM that will come in handy.  :thumbsup:

The Buckeye might actually become a more or less RW Greek bird. Time will tell.

The Wooksta!

Tbh, there's really little to choose between the two plastic wise, other than the High Planes having open air brakes.  I think the Ventura one is older, I got the HP one in 2004?  As a package, the HP one is better, having the donor and decals. The Ventura is a product of an older mindset with the modeller having to do more of the work.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Old Wombat

Quote from: DogfighterZen on December 20, 2023, 01:58:39 PMLast entry of the year for my stash is another ebay auction win, also from Germany, the Revell 1/48 F-15E. :mellow: 

Quote from: Wardukw on December 20, 2023, 10:12:21 PMRight time ..fantastic price..just scored a 35th scale Takom M47 E/M Patton  .

Been on the want list for a little while now..very nice 😁😁

Good scores! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Pellson on December 20, 2023, 02:27:56 PMI really should build more and buy less..  :rolleyes:

Oh, how I know that feeling! :rolleyes:

This year should see me follow that mantra, as I have other things that have risen up the priority list (like kitting out my Navara for some serious off-road camping & (maybe) hunting).
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Old Wombat on December 21, 2023, 03:45:57 AM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on December 20, 2023, 01:58:39 PMLast entry of the year for my stash is another ebay auction win, also from Germany, the Revell 1/48 F-15E. :mellow: 

Quote from: Pellson on December 20, 2023, 02:27:56 PMI really should build more and buy less..  :rolleyes:

This year should see me follow that mantra, as I have other things that have risen up the priority list (like kitting out my Navara for some serious off-road camping & (maybe) hunting).

:thumbsup: 

Same here, my priorities are more house related starting with a new gate for the garage in January, then there's the attic that needs a lot of stuff to make it a proper storage space, which will need all the finishing done, including roof and wall insulation... I see myself buying mostly aftermarket bits once in a while, although there are still a couple of kits on my wishlist... :rolleyes:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

Quote from: Wardukw on December 20, 2023, 09:10:06 AMMichael that's exactly what their for..I just did a quick search and confirmed..there for fly fishing and since I don't do fly fishing you can bet their not getting used for that 😉

Ah, thanks., I was intrigued and now I know  :thumbsup:  I did some coarse fishing as a youngster, never got into it, unlike some of my mates, but never did any fly fishing, wet or dry.  Done some sea fishing around the world and enjoyed that.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

From Jadlam Raceing via eBay

1 x 1/72 Special Hobby SH 72358 A.W.Meteor NF Mk.11 'NATO Users' Going to be an RAF NF.13 so the decals will be usfull for other things

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Pellson

Quote from: DogfighterZen on December 21, 2023, 04:47:14 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on December 21, 2023, 03:45:57 AM

:thumbsup: 

Same here, my priorities are more house related starting with a new gate for the garage in January, then there's the attic that needs a lot of stuff to make it a proper storage space, which will need all the finishing done, including roof and wall insulation... I see myself buying mostly aftermarket bits once in a while, although there are still a couple of kits on my wishlist... :rolleyes:

I know myself too well to make any promises like that. That said - I have bought less this year than last, so maybe..

Anyway - the general financial strains obviously affect me as well as most others and there are things we need to prioritise over new model stuff. That said, modelling is important for my wellbeing in the same way others have yoga, therapy or choir singing. Accordingly, I foresee some purchases, if maybe no planned ones.  :angel: