My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DogfighterZen

Had some stuff in my watchlist on Superhobby that was almost sold out so i decided to use some points and get the Dead designs mask set for the Italeri 1/72 B-26K Counter invader that was on discount.
To make shipping price worth it, i included the AZ 1/72 MB5 set, the Clear prop 1/72 Super Etendard set for the Academy kit and the KV models set for the Special Hobby 1/72 MD-500E.
Not sure this really is my last purchase of modelling items this year... just saw something very appealing in Portuguese store... :rolleyes:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

The Wooksta!

Probably my last purchase of the year.  eBay says I've won an MPM Junkers W34, which could end up in RW Spain, Czech or possibly RAF captured in Iran.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Wardukw

Scored a Trumpeter/WSN 1/35 M1A1HA with mine roller set from the same seller I got the Revell M1A1 snap together from.
For the stupidly low price he offered to me for saying no wasn't even a thought.

My Tamiya Zero float plane should get to me today according to the email I got from nz post.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Quote from: Rheged on December 29, 2023, 08:15:12 AMI  was in Hereford Hobbycraft looking for something else entirely;  I found a few kit boxes that had been  crushed and reduced.  I ended up with an Academy 1/72 Spad that may well end up as RNAS  and a Star Wars (allegedly 1/51)  Snow Speeder  that could become a Royal Marine fast assault craft.  They only wanted £2 each for them and since all the box contents seemed OK  I'll take this as a win.

Certainly a win  :thumbsup:

Quote from: DogfighterZen on December 29, 2023, 10:19:39 AMTo make shipping price worth it, i included the AZ 1/72 MB5 set, the Clear prop 1/72 Super Etendard set for the Academy kit and the KV models set for the Special Hobby 1/72 MD-500E.

How often have we all said that to ourselves or the "better half"  :angel:  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

From the BIG yello H today

1 x 1/72 Modedecal Set 92. Lots of Meteor Night Fighter decals for the Special Hobby kits I bought recently.
1 x 1/72 Modedecal Set 93. Lots of Meteor Night Fighter decals for the Special Hobby kits I bought recently.

Both bought so that I have more options than are in the kits as well as giving me both the NF.13 squadrons for when I convert an NF.11 to a 13.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

DogfighterZen

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 30, 2023, 03:04:46 AM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on December 29, 2023, 10:19:39 AMTo make shipping price worth it, i included the AZ 1/72 MB5 set, the Clear prop 1/72 Super Etendard set for the Academy kit and the KV models set for the Special Hobby 1/72 MD-500E.

How often have we all said that to ourselves or the "better half"  :angel:  ;D

Too many times, that i can say...  Or that "this last kit i ordered was because it's out of production and very hard to find at a good price...", which was what made buy another kit before the end of this year... :angel:
Last night i remembered that there's one very important helicopter for any PoAF model display that i don't have and that is the SA-330 Puma.
As most of you may know, there is only one 1/72 scale styrene kit of the Puma and that's the old Airfix/Heller kit and then there's the Scaleworkx resin kit, which would turn out so expensive that i cannot justify the price for a 1/72 kit of the Puma.
Found one Heller boxing selling on ebay, located in France so, that's my last modelling related purchase of the year. Wasn't the cheapest thing but it is new, decals are good and it's a beginner set so there's paint tins, glue and a paint brush...  ;D :mellow:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

The Chaos

Old Wombat

Good set of kits, Mr Chaos! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

And, being Takom, should be pretty accurate, but a touch fiddly to build. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Gondor

Arrived this afternoon from Jadlam Raceing

1 x 1/72 eduard 2144 Bf 109G-5 . Bf 109-G6 Gustav Pt 1. Very nice looking with parts not used with any of the forteen decal options for the tall tail version as well as different canopies as well. Three of the decal options are non German, One being Finnish, one Italian and the third being Slovacian.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

chrisonord

Today I went to a model shop I have not been to before. Lots of kits in stock, mostly big scale stuff, and not a lot of 1/72nd scale stuff unfortunately. I bought several jars of Mr Hobby paint, which I have never used before, and a couple of fine brushes. Also found a 1/72nd scale Emhar F3H-2 Demon, never had one of their kits either.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

PR19_Kit

Some good buys there Chris, I quite like Mr. Hobby paint, it's not as fussy as Tamiya acrylics. I've got that Emhar Demon too, and it's not too bad.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 30, 2023, 12:23:00 PMSome good buys there Chris, I quite like Mr. Hobby paint, it's not as fussy as Tamiya acrylics. I've got that Emhar Demon too, and it's not too bad.  :thumbsup:
Cheers Kit,
The guy in the shop recommended it over Tamiya paints, as he uses it himself. Due to there not being a lot of 72nd scale stuff, the demon was the only thing that stood out to me. I need to have a look at the back end of it, to see if I can swap the big single exhaust nozzle for 2 smaller ones, then it would be suitable for fleet air arm duty  ;D
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

PR19_Kit

..... and it'd be a mini-Phantom.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on December 30, 2023, 06:59:06 AMGood set of kits, Mr Chaos! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

And, being Takom, should be pretty accurate, but a touch fiddly to build. ;)

Yup. I've always had a liking for the Hetzer in particular.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Pellson

Trawling the muddy waters of the Evilbay ocean again. Not a good idea, as my self control in these final hours of the rather awful 2023 perhaps isn't what it should be.

In the net, I found:
- a Heller Mirage III/5
- a Frog/Hasegawa RA-5C Vigilante
- a Hasegawa F-106A Delta Dart, and
- a Toko Antonov An-72P

No really fixed plans for any of them, but that usually sorts itself given a little time.
I'm especially happy about the An-72 which I got for less than half its retail price (if you can find it) and the F-106 as I still have fond memories of the F-102 builds earlier.

It seems I've built less than I've bought this year too, and hence I'm closing 2023 with an even larger StashTM than a year ago. Well. Hoarding is just another branch of the hobby, I guess..  :angel:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!