My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flyer

"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on February 03, 2023, 01:20:17 AMA cheap vintage KP 1:72 Avia B.35 fighter, which will lose its engine as a donor for a different aircraft, and the B.35 will later become a(nother) whiffy "Supermarine Swallow", with a Merlin engine and a retractable landing gear from a Spitfire, probably as a PR variant.  ;D

...and as a complement a cheap Revell 1:72 Spitfire Mk.V (2008 mould) via ev!lbay as a Merlin and landing gear donor bank.  :wacko:

Wardukw

A huge surprise today..we had mail !!!
On a Sunday !!
Because of the road closures and the nearly 4 days cut off mail must have been over flowing .
So today I got my Kinetic 1/48th RQ-4B Global Hawk and it's lovely and it won't be long before I attack this  :wacko:  ;)
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kerick

My club had it's "after Christmas" party tonight. There was a great raffle and nearly everyone walked out with two kits. I ended up with a 1/48th scale Hobby Boss FM-1 Wildcat and a 1/72nd Revell Razor Crest. Now I have to figure out how to get that metallic finish on the Razor Crest. Spray can silver isn't going to cut it.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

AeroplaneDriver

SWMBO and I did our monthly exploration of local antique and second hand shops today where I stumbled upon a Monogram 1/72 B-36 Peacemaker, original 1980 issue in a sealed, unopened box.  No real interest in building it, but for $45 it seemed too goo to pass up.  It will likely end up on eBay unless anyone here needs it.  If so message me. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

McColm

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on February 04, 2023, 10:17:07 PMSWMBO and I did our monthly exploration of local antique and second hand shops today where I stumbled upon a Monogram 1/72 B46 Peacemaker, original 1980 issue in an sealed, unopened box.  No real interest in building it, but for $45 it seemed too goo to pass up.  It will likely end up on eBay unless anyone here needs it.  If so message me. 
I thought the Monogram kit was the Convair B-36 Peacemaker, the XB-46 is the Anigrand kit.

Wardukw

I'd love another B36 ..it's a very big model but postage from anywhere on the US side of the planet is ridiculously expensive which is bloody annoying to say the least.
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Dizzyfugu

"Accidently" won a very cheap Revell 1:72 Spitfire Mk. V via ev!lbay - was dead cheap, and I remained the only bidder. Well, stash fodder....

Pellson

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on February 05, 2023, 01:15:45 AM"Accidently" won a very cheap Revell 1:72 Spitfire Mk. V via ev!lbay - was dead cheap, and I remained the only bidder. Well, stash fodder....

Ah, that "i just have to give it the benefit of doubt" bid.. 😁
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Pellson

I'm got myself a Polish repop of the old Frog Gloster Javelin FAW.7/9. Mainly to source fuselage tanks for another build but there are a few good general spares in there too. Or I just build it as is. 
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Dizzyfugu

Well, the usual story: searching for a cheap Spitfire as conversion donor for a (near) future conversion I placed the bid, but then found an even cheaper specimen, bought it, and noone else made a higher bid for the initial Spitfire... That's how stashes keep growing, but at least I did not spend much money on both.  ;D

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: McColm on February 04, 2023, 11:27:30 PM
Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on February 04, 2023, 10:17:07 PMSWMBO and I did our monthly exploration of local antique and second hand shops today where I stumbled upon a Monogram 1/72 B46 Peacemaker, original 1980 issue in an sealed, unopened box.  No real interest in building it, but for $45 it seemed too goo to pass up.  It will likely end up on eBay unless anyone here needs it.  If so message me. 
I thought the Monogram kit was the Convair B-36 Peacemaker, the XB-46 is the Anigrand kit.

It is...Fat finger typo!! 

Wardukw

Had a epic score auction wise..won a Hasegawa 1/48th MK IIc Hurricane and got it dirt cheap..but while talking with the seller he offered me another one..a MK I and this is what it comes with ...

Eduard PE set 48-301
Eduard canopy masks EX 039
Squadron canopy set.
Eduard or Aires (can't remember which) resin flaps, rudder, horizontal stabilisers and elevators

Could I say no ? ..nope..scored that to for $40nz  ;D  :thumbsup:

AeroplaneDriver

Couple of things ordered over the weekend:

From Sprue Brothers-

Eduard canopy masks for V-22 and Eduard Mirage 2000D
Takom 1/35 Sea Dart Missile.  Something totally new and different for me but it looks interesting and was on sale

From eBay

Kinetic Mirage 2000D
Hobbycraft Avro CF-100.  Got this one at a great deal by submitting an offer.  Listed as "worn box" but kit complete.  Planning on this one making it's way into the 50s GB

Old Wombat

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on February 05, 2023, 11:11:36 AMHad a epic score auction wise..won a Hasegawa 1/48th MK IIc Hurricane and got it dirt cheap..but while talking with the seller he offered me another one..a MK I and this is what it comes with ...

Eduard PE set 48-301
Eduard canopy masks EX 039
Squadron canopy set.
Eduard or Aires (can't remember which) resin flaps, rudder, horizontal stabilisers and elevators

Could I say no ? ..nope..scored that to for $40nz  ;D  :thumbsup:

Excellent scores in anybody's money! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est