My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Quote from: killnoizer on February 15, 2023, 03:38:29 PMNow i have some GUNS for the next X Wing ...  :wacko:

You cannot view this attachment.

I build planes only in 1:72 .  :thumbsup: 
Hahahaha Noizer ..I love it mate  ;D ...that's a set I've had well over a dozen times ...that set is really showing its age now so it's perfect for what you've got in mind  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Dizzyfugu

A cheap Hasegawa 1:72 Panzer V "Panther" Ausf. G. earmarked as conversion fodder.  :wacko:

NARSES2

Quote from: DogfighterZen on February 15, 2023, 05:47:36 AMand Eduard space sets, all 3D decals cockpit sets. Thinking of ordering one for a Kinetic 1/48 F-16 i wanna build when i finish my current builds.

Be aware that some of the Eduard Space sets (if not all) are a combination of 3D decals for the instrument panel etc, but normal pre-painted steel etch for the rest, things like the belts etc. I was a little disappointed with the set I got for the Airfix Meteor.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

40mm give or take.

I have that set.  i will be mounting it on something inappropriate.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

DogfighterZen

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 16, 2023, 01:09:18 AM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on February 15, 2023, 05:47:36 AMand Eduard space sets, all 3D decals cockpit sets. Thinking of ordering one for a Kinetic 1/48 F-16 i wanna build when i finish my current builds.

Be aware that some of the Eduard Space sets (if not all) are a combination of 3D decals for the instrument panel etc, but normal pre-painted steel etch for the rest, things like the belts etc. I was a little disappointed with the set I got for the Airfix Meteor.

Yeah, i am aware of that and i also read somewhere that the definition of the details is not very good or at least, not as good as the Quinta or Red Fox sets. There's also the Ukrainian company called Kelic, i was forgetting the name but i've never read anything about those.

Changing the subject, I've finally bit the bullet and ordered the HobbyBoss 1/48 YF-23. It was on a 10% discount at SuperHobby in Poland, it's been on my wishlist ever since it came out, maybe one day I get to whiff it into the F-23... :wub:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Pellson

I just got this in the mail, as a result of my latest venture into the domain of Evilbay.

You cannot view this attachment.

Quite chuffed - I have a nice idea for it and it could even fit into the 50's GB. 
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Exceedingly lucky to find one that's actually affordable.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Pellson

Quote from: The Wooksta! on February 16, 2023, 10:07:40 AMExceedingly lucky to find one that's actually affordable.

£18, corresponding.  :wub:

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Pellson on February 16, 2023, 10:16:33 AM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on February 16, 2023, 10:07:40 AMExceedingly lucky to find one that's actually affordable.

£18, corresponding.  :wub:

:o  Most of the ones i found had a 0 after the 18... and they're outside of the EU so the Customs fees would make it just over 200€ and i refuse to shell out that much money for that kit but 18£ is a very good price.  :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

The Wooksta!

£18 is very good indeed.

Improvements... the actuators for the ailerons should be underneath, replace the wheels (Revell Hunter are ideal). The square bit on the spine should be round with a vent on top.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitbasher

Excellent score!  Yes the actuators need sorting out as Wooksta say.  There are numerous other errors (Hobbycraft had three goes at producing a decent Arrow!) but this is whifworld, and.....

My stab at one is at https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=50442.msg981390#msg981390.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Pellson on February 16, 2023, 10:16:33 AM£18, corresponding.  :wub:

That's acceptable. Reminds me that I also have one in The Stash™, waiting to be built some day...  :banghead:

Pellson

Quote from: kitbasher on February 16, 2023, 11:37:25 AMMy stab at one is at https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=50442.msg981390#msg981390.

That's really good a job, that 'un.  :wub:
As you've noted, I also believe that the canopies would have changed. I have, however, not decided whether to go your way or replace it altogether. I have another one, started, that sits at that very stage. Hmmm...

Also, not having studied the subject to any length, I wasn't aware of the need to flip the ailerons. How did you do that?