My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

I've got two vacform Arrows, both provided by our late friend Robert Kitnut617. He had the original moulds and made them for me. I think the originals were by Astra,
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Quote from: Old Wombat on February 14, 2023, 06:25:08 AM1 x Quinta Studio 1/48 Grumman A-6E TRAM Intruder Coloured Interior Decals for HobbyBoss kit (Q-QD48166)
2 x Airfix 1/72 North American B-25C/D Mitchell (AX06015)

These arrived at my Post Office this morning a mere 63.5 hours after ordering them! :blink:

What is Australia Post doing? :o How dare they deliver items in a timely manner! :angry:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

But are they in your possession yet ?  ;)

Quote from: Old Wombat on February 17, 2023, 03:16:43 AMThese arrived at my Post Office this morning a mere 63.5 hours after ordering them! :blink:

What is Australia Post doing? :o How dare they deliver items in a timely manner! :angry:

Zenrat works for them doesn't he  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Quote from: Old Wombat on February 17, 2023, 03:16:43 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on February 14, 2023, 06:25:08 AM1 x Quinta Studio 1/48 Grumman A-6E TRAM Intruder Coloured Interior Decals for HobbyBoss kit (Q-QD48166)

These arrived at my Post Office this morning a mere 63.5 hours after ordering them! :blink:

:o

Sorry.  I'll have a word.  Be assured it won't happen again.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Flyer

That made me laugh, that's not so great for my ribs right now so stop it!  ;D  :-X

I'll be ordering some kit's next week, I'll be expecting them to arrive two weeks past the GB deadline in what's left of a box that has been destroyed and taped back together at least twice and with three different shoeprints embedded into the cardboard of the box and/or kit boxes or else! :angry:
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 17, 2023, 03:38:28 AMBut are they in your possession yet ?  ;)

Yes! ;D

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 17, 2023, 03:38:28 AMZenrat works for them doesn't he  :angel:

Really? I hadn't noticed! :angel:

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on February 17, 2023, 03:39:27 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on February 17, 2023, 03:16:43 AM

:o

Sorry.  I'll have a word.  Be assured it won't happen again.

Thank you, Fred! Can't be having with this "efficiency" in the postal services, it'll ruin their reputation! :rolleyes:

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Pellson on February 17, 2023, 12:59:29 AM
Quote from: kitbasher on February 16, 2023, 11:37:25 AMMy stab at one is at https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=50442.msg981390#msg981390.

That's really good a job, that 'un.  :wub:
As you've noted, I also believe that the canopies would have changed. I have, however, not decided whether to go your way or replace it altogether. I have another one, started, that sits at that very stage. Hmmm...

Also, not having studied the subject to any length, I wasn't aware of the need to flip the ailerons. How did you do that?

Cut out and invert, then stick back on. Sand off the bits you don't need, build up where to do.  The Black boxing had said pieces fixed.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on February 17, 2023, 08:15:54 AMCut out and invert, then stick back on. Sand off the bits you don't need, build up where to do.  The Black boxing had said pieces fixed.

Is that this boxing then? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/295505313121?chn=ps&mkevt=1&mkcid=28

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

killnoizer

You cannot view this attachment.

I am very happy with this new kit
For me a very old friend , just build one in 1979 ...  catch this in a german airforce board very cheap from a member , surprisingly because I never looked for that Modell ever again .   The grandfather of the U2  :thumbsup: 

It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

kitbasher

Quote from: Gondor on February 17, 2023, 09:29:35 AM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on February 17, 2023, 08:15:54 AMCut out and invert, then stick back on. Sand off the bits you don't need, build up where to do.  The Black boxing had said pieces fixed.

Is that this boxing then? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/295505313121?chn=

Gondor

That's number 2, based on number 1.  Number 3 was a new tool - https://www.scalemates.com/kits/hobbycraft-hc1393-cf-105-arrow-fighter--145022
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Wardukw

Quote from: killnoizer on February 17, 2023, 10:29:15 AMYou cannot view this attachment.

I am very happy with this new kit
For me a very old friend , just build one in 1979 ...  catch this in a german airforce board very cheap from a member , surprisingly because I never looked for that Modell ever again .   The grandfather of the U2  :thumbsup: 

Lee ya know the Kit is going to love that right from the get go ...those wings alone are a magnet for that gentleman   ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

AeroplaneDriver

From the eBay Fairy-1/72 Italeri KC-130F. 

This one is earmarked for a real world build for a good friend who was a Loadmaster on USMC KC-130s in the Vietnam era. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

DogfighterZen

Quote from: DogfighterZen on February 16, 2023, 05:07:24 AMChanging the subject, I've finally bit the bullet and ordered the HobbyBoss 1/48 YF-23. It was on a 10% discount at SuperHobby in Poland, it's been on my wishlist ever since it came out, maybe one day I get to whiff it into the F-23... :wub:

These two mean bugs arrived today, the Hornet came from Warkit here in Portugal. The YF-23 had a 10% discount when i bought it last week but the Hornet didn't and still, it ended up costing at least 20€ less than it's priced on any of the stores i've looked at within the EU so, i think i got a good deal, especially because it had free shipping. :thumbsup:

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....