My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Beaver has skis as well does it not?
How about a ski equipped Boomerang?

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

That'd be for the RAAF's Antarctic Detachment of course.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Flyer

Quote from: zenrat on February 27, 2023, 03:31:36 AMBeaver has skis as well does it not?

not sure, I'll check later. Only seen the floats as they were on top upon opening the box, haven't opened up the bag yet.
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

Spey_Phantom

Quote from: Spey_Phantom on February 24, 2023, 10:30:40 AMi'm expecting some new additions in the coming week:

-Airfix 1/144 Handley-page HP.42 heracles (original 1965 boxing)
-Academy/Minicraft 1/144 Heinkel He111
-Lindberg 1/150 Messerschmitt Bf109E & Bücker Jungmeister
-Revell 1/144 TF-104G Starfighter
-Revell 1/144 (or 1/128) Lockheed L1049 Super Constellation

and a seperate aliexpress order:

-Mini Hobby Models 1/144 Messerschmitt Bf110

all arrived today, except for the He111, was apparently already sold (got a refund).
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Gondor

Quote from: Flyer on February 27, 2023, 05:33:07 AM
Quote from: zenrat on February 27, 2023, 03:31:36 AMBeaver has skis as well does it not?

not sure, I'll check later. Only seen the floats as they were on top upon opening the box, haven't opened up the bag yet.

There are Ski's, next to one of the floats

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Flyer

Quote from: Gondor on February 27, 2023, 11:01:08 AM
Quote from: Flyer on February 27, 2023, 05:33:07 AM

There are Ski's, next to one of the floats

Gondor
:rolleyes: oh yeah, I see them now, on top with the float :rolleyes:

Don't know if I'll be using the ski's on anything but the floats can go to my twin Spitfire, just need to find a suitable centre float, I have one from a Rufe but that is too small and short.

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on February 26, 2023, 06:46:39 AMI remember that, nice one. I'll use an Italeri AH-1W as basis and give it a 4-blade main rotor. Tail stabilizers will be moved backwards, maybe with end plates, too, as on the real thing, even though the PR illustration I found does not show these (yet). Might even get the X-tail rotor from the Apache, too, and I think about HOT launchers and other small mods.

Sounds good... :mellow:

Forgot the main reason for this post... Arrived today...  :wub:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Pellson

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

zenrat

I forgot I had a prebuilt Boomerang in a box of somebody else's rejects I picked up at a show last year.
I think i'll strip it and rebuild it on skis as part of the flight based at RAAF Dinner Plain in '44.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Wooksta!

Quote from: DogfighterZen on February 27, 2023, 04:12:47 PM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on February 26, 2023, 06:46:39 AMI remember that, nice one. I'll use an Italeri AH-1W as basis and give it a 4-blade main rotor. Tail stabilizers will be moved backwards, maybe with end plates, too, as on the real thing, even though the PR illustration I found does not show these (yet). Might even get the X-tail rotor from the Apache, too, and I think about HOT launchers and other small mods.

Sounds good... :mellow:

Forgot the main reason for this post... Arrived today...  :wub:

My pair were the mk 4 and the earlier scheme TF5. TBH, I'd like that boxing, if only for the decals but Valom rarely get them right.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Flyer

Quote from: zenrat on February 28, 2023, 02:48:26 AMI forgot I had a prebuilt Boomerang in a box of somebody else's rejects I picked up at a show last year.
I think i'll strip it and rebuild it on skis as part of the flight based at RAAF Dinner Plain in '44.

Sounds good  :thumbsup:

I had been thinking about it, it would look good in snow camo, how about on ski's in Finland markings, but how would a Boomerang find itself in Finland? :unsure:
The Fin's did well with the Buffalo, I'm sure they could put a Boomerang to good use.

Maybe in Russian markings as part of the lend lease...

And maybe that's how it could be found in Finland, captured from the Russians.

NARSES2

Quote from: Flyer on February 28, 2023, 05:33:17 AMI had been thinking about it, it would look good in snow camo, how about on ski's in Finland markings, but how would a Boomerang find itself in Finland? :unsure:

Maybe in Russian markings as part of the lend lease...

And maybe that's how it could be found in Finland, captured from the Russians.

Or captured by the Japanese and after testing, shipped to Germany on one of the big subs going back and forth between them and then after the Germans had a look at it they gave it to the Finns ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Flyer

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Pellson on February 28, 2023, 02:36:35 AM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on February 27, 2023, 04:12:47 PMForgot the main reason for this post... Arrived today...  :wub:

Ooh! Nice!!  :wub:

It is indeed! :thumbsup: The kit looks great in the box, too. Resin and PE bits, nice decals. and it's not an expensive kit for what you get. Obviously, assembly will show if it's as good as it looks but, i don't care cause the Firebrand comes into my top 5 fighters list with a radial engine. I actually put the Firebrand in the same league as the Goodyear F2G Corsair when it comes to looks and both are similar and i find it hard to choose one of the two...  :wub:

Quote from: The Wooksta! on February 28, 2023, 04:50:37 AMMy pair were the mk 4 and the earlier scheme TF5. TBH, I'd like that boxing, if only for the decals but Valom rarely get them right.

Lee, i won't be using most of the decals, if you want them, they're yours.  :thumbsup:

The only ones i'd like to keep are just the stencils. those would be number 3,4,5,6,,8,9,10,12,13,14,15,16. I'll probably end up building this as a Portuguese Naval Aviation bird, flying off a WWII surplus carrier bought after the war's end. I normally use the kit's decals sheet for stencils and change the country's markings only so that's why i'd like to keep the numbers i've mentioned.
Let me know if you want them like that and i'll send them your way. :mellow:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

I built a Magna Firebrand years ago and must admit was surprised by how big it is. Got two Vallom (a Mk II & a V) kits in the stash, but haven't seen that boxing before.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.