My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Gondor on February 28, 2023, 06:23:29 AM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on February 28, 2023, 05:45:29 AM
Quote from: Pellson on February 28, 2023, 02:36:35 AM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on February 27, 2023, 04:12:47 PMForgot the main reason for this post... Arrived today...  :wub:

Ooh! Nice!!  :wub:

It is indeed! :thumbsup: The kit looks great in the box, too. Resin and PE bits, nice decals. and it's not an expensive kit for what you get. Obviously, assembly will show if it's as good as it looks but, i don't care cause the Firebrand comes into my top 5 fighters list with a radial engine. I actually put the Firebrand in the same league as the Goodyear F2G Corsair when it comes to looks and both are similar and i find it hard to choose one of the two...  :wub:

Quote from: The Wooksta! on February 28, 2023, 04:50:37 AMMy pair were the mk 4 and the earlier scheme TF5. TBH, I'd like that boxing, if only for the decals but Valom rarely get them right.

Lee, i won't be using most of the decals, if you want them, they're yours.  :thumbsup:

The only ones i'd like to keep are just the stencils. those would be number 3,4,5,6,,8,9,10,12,13,14,15,16. I'll probably end up building this as a Portuguese Naval Aviation bird, flying off a WWII surplus carrier bought after the war's end. I normally use the kit's decals sheet for stencils and change the country's markings only so that's why i'd like to keep the numbers i've mentioned.
Let me know if you want them like that and i'll send them your way. :mellow:

If Lee doesn't take them I will  ;D

Gondor

That sheet does look to be better than Valom's usual standard - the ones in the Brigands and Valetta just looked wrong

I'm a greedy, self centred individual but trying to be better. I'd happily halve the sheet with Gondor, if that's okay?

TBH,  other than the ancient Airmodel vacform, I think  I have at least one of each Firebrand V kit released.  I was looking at a Rareplanes one the other day and considering building it at some point this year.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on March 01, 2023, 06:35:19 AM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on February 27, 2023, 04:12:47 PMForgot the main reason for this post... Arrived today...  :wub:

It is indeed! :thumbsup: The kit looks great in the box, too. Resin and PE bits, nice decals. and it's not an expensive kit for what you get. Obviously, assembly will show if it's as good as it looks but, i don't care cause the Firebrand comes into my top 5 fighters list with a radial engine. I actually put the Firebrand in the same league as the Goodyear F2G Corsair when it comes to looks and both are similar and i find it hard to choose one of the two...  :wub:

Quote from: The Wooksta! on February 28, 2023, 04:50:37 AMMy pair were the mk 4 and the earlier scheme TF5. TBH, I'd like that boxing, if only for the decals but Valom rarely get them right.

Lee, i won't be using most of the decals, if you want them, they're yours.  :thumbsup:

The only ones i'd like to keep are just the stencils. those would be number 3,4,5,6,,8,9,10,12,13,14,15,16. I'll probably end up building this as a Portuguese Naval Aviation bird, flying off a WWII surplus carrier bought after the war's end. I normally use the kit's decals sheet for stencils and change the country's markings only so that's why i'd like to keep the numbers i've mentioned.

Gondor

That sheet does look to be better than Valom's usual standard - the ones in the Brigands and Valetta just looked wrong

I'm a greedy, self centred individual but trying to be better. I'd happily halve the sheet with Gondor, if that's okay?

TBH,  other than the ancient Airmodel vacform, I think  I have at least one of each Firebrand V kit released.  I was looking at a Rareplanes one the other day and considering building it at some point this year.

Ta Lee, not worried about the roundels as I have sheets of post war ones I can use.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 01, 2023, 05:45:21 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 28, 2023, 07:10:59 AMThe RNVR Southern Air Wing had the very last one as a mascot at RAF Benson when I lived there in 1957.

I hope you took it for a walk every day ?  ;)

I used to go down to the end of the crash road, climb up my 'Spotting Tree' and look at it most days.  ;D

When they closed down the RNVR Air Wings in '57 they folded the Firebrand's wings and towed it up the hill to their Mess with a Land-Rover! Try as I may, I've yet to find out what happened to it after that, but it has to have been scrapped at some time as there's none left anywhere AFAIK. :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Gondor on March 01, 2023, 07:34:03 AM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on March 01, 2023, 06:35:19 AM

Gondor

Ta Lee, not worried about the roundels as I have sheets of post war ones I can use.

Gondor

I was thinking you get one serial option, I get the other kind of split.

Wonder how much of a recursive loop can be built up by repeat quotes?

An order for an unspecified number of kits has gone in with a seller known to many of this parish.  Additionally, there's an order in with Uncle Frank for a KPM Aviation S-99 in Czech Air police markings.

There's a few others of the AZ/KPM Bf 109 family I'd like to get my mitts on, mainly for some late/post war hijinks. Don't want to get too sucked down that rabbithle again.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on March 01, 2023, 03:25:49 PMAn order for an unspecified number of kits has gone in with a seller known to many of this parish.  Additionally, there's an order in with Uncle Frank for a KPM Aviation S-99 in Czech Air police markings.

There's a few others of the AZ/KPM Bf 109 family I'd like to get my mitts on, mainly for some late/post war hijinks. Don't want to get too sucked down that rabbithle again.

They're nice kits Lee. A little fiddly in places, especially the cockpit, but on the whole pleasant builds.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 01, 2023, 05:44:09 AM
Quote from: zenrat on March 01, 2023, 03:45:00 AMWhile i'll obviously see if it hooks up to any of my 1/144 Gundams i'm pretty sure i'll be whiffing it.

But isn't it a Whiff already ? Asks Chris who has no idea what Gundams are ?  :angel:

Yes, but that doesn't mean I have to build it OOB does it?  :unsure:

Gundams, Chris, are very large armoured humanoid figures (AKA Mobile Suits) which are piloted by teenagers with either floppy hair or long legs, short skirts and huge eyes depending on sex.
Commonly (and incorrectly as they are piloted) referred to as Giant Robots.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Nick

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 02, 2023, 03:50:46 AMWhy teenagers?  :-\

Because teenagers buy comic books, and they buy more comic books that feature teenagers.

Dizzyfugu

Gundam is a HUGE thing in Japan, it's one (probably THE, it's the archetype for a whole genre) so-called "real-robot" anime TV series, since the Eighties. Personally, the mecha designs are not my thing because the good guy resemble IMHO too much robotized samurai knights - but the overall look and feel of the series and its universe has a realistic touch. Several other real robot series followed suit, e.g- Macross, (fang of the Sun) Dougram, Patlabor, Dorvack or Votoms. But Gundam is the benchmark, and its model merchandize stil highly popular.

killnoizer

Received this nice BV 155 today, build that the first time around 1979 .

It is a real big plane , compared with a Standard Me 109 . And what wings it got !! 

You cannot view this attachment.

You cannot view this attachment.

It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on March 02, 2023, 02:25:28 AMGundams, Chris, are very large armoured humanoid figures (AKA Mobile Suits) which are piloted by teenagers with either floppy hair or long legs, short skirts and huge eyes depending on sex.
Commonly (and incorrectly as they are piloted) referred to as Giant Robots.

Thank you  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: killnoizer on March 02, 2023, 07:05:30 AMReceived this nice BV 155 today, build that the first time around 1979 .

It is a real big plane , compared with a Standard Me 109 . And what wings it got !! 

It's a nice build as well

PR19_Kit

Got to be better than the Pegasus Bv-155 for sure!

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Received today from eBay,

1 x 1/72 Contral Model AIrcraft, Fairey Gordon. I have an idea to do this as Gordon of Khartoum as the aircraft did fly from there which will be slightly misleading because people will think of Charles George Gordon

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Spey_Phantom

arrived today (one was a gift from the missus):

-Special Hobby 1/72 Douglas DB-7C/A-20A/A-20B HAvoc/Boston
-Takom 1/72 Sänger-bredt Silbervogel
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.