My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 02, 2023, 08:57:33 AMGot to be better than the Pegasus Bv-155 for sure!

The Pegasus kit is a copy of a cmk one. I have both.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Wooksta! on March 02, 2023, 11:38:02 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 02, 2023, 08:57:33 AMGot to be better than the Pegasus Bv-155 for sure!

The Pegasus kit is a copy of a cmk one. I have both.

I'm surprised if Chris Gannon did that.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

DogfighterZen

Quote from: The Wooksta! on March 01, 2023, 03:25:49 PM
Quote from: Gondor on March 01, 2023, 07:34:03 AM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on March 01, 2023, 06:35:19 AM
Quote from: Gondor on February 28, 2023, 06:23:29 AM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on February 28, 2023, 05:45:29 AM
Quote from: Pellson on February 28, 2023, 02:36:35 AM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on February 27, 2023, 04:12:47 PMForgot the main reason for this post... Arrived today...  :wub:

Ooh! Nice!!  :wub:

It is indeed! :thumbsup: The kit looks great in the box, too. Resin and PE bits, nice decals. and it's not an expensive kit for what you get. Obviously, assembly will show if it's as good as it looks but, i don't care cause the Firebrand comes into my top 5 fighters list with a radial engine. I actually put the Firebrand in the same league as the Goodyear F2G Corsair when it comes to looks and both are similar and i find it hard to choose one of the two...  :wub:

Quote from: The Wooksta! on February 28, 2023, 04:50:37 AMMy pair were the mk 4 and the earlier scheme TF5. TBH, I'd like that boxing, if only for the decals but Valom rarely get them right.

Lee, i won't be using most of the decals, if you want them, they're yours.  :thumbsup:

The only ones i'd like to keep are just the stencils. those would be number 3,4,5,6,,8,9,10,12,13,14,15,16. I'll probably end up building this as a Portuguese Naval Aviation bird, flying off a WWII surplus carrier bought after the war's end. I normally use the kit's decals sheet for stencils and change the country's markings only so that's why i'd like to keep the numbers i've mentioned.
Let me know if you want them like that and i'll send them your way. :mellow:

If Lee doesn't take them I will  ;D

Gondor

That sheet does look to be better than Valom's usual standard - the ones in the Brigands and Valetta just looked wrong

I'm a greedy, self centred individual but trying to be better. I'd happily halve the sheet with Gondor, if that's okay?

TBH,  other than the ancient Airmodel vacform, I think  I have at least one of each Firebrand V kit released.  I was looking at a Rareplanes one the other day and considering building it at some point this year.

Ta Lee, not worried about the roundels as I have sheets of post war ones I can use.

Gondor

I was thinking you get one serial option, I get the other kind of split.

Wonder how much of a recursive loop can be built up by repeat quotes?

That's perfectly fine with me, just decide which ones each of you want and i'll cut'em up and send'em out. :thumbsup:

This is the 9th quote of the OP... that does make me wonder what's the comment with the most repeated quotes on this forum...   ;D
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

kerick

Quote from: DogfighterZen on March 02, 2023, 11:44:11 PM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on February 27, 2023, 04:12:47 PMForgot the main reason for this post... Arrived today...  :wub:

It is indeed! :thumbsup: The kit looks great in the box, too. Resin and PE bits, nice decals. and it's not an expensive kit for what you get. Obviously, assembly will show if it's as good as it looks but, i don't care cause the Firebrand comes into my top 5 fighters list with a radial engine. I actually put the Firebrand in the same league as the Goodyear F2G Corsair when it comes to looks and both are similar and i find it hard to choose one of the two...  :wub:

Quote from: The Wooksta! on February 28, 2023, 04:50:37 AMMy pair were the mk 4 and the earlier scheme TF5. TBH, I'd like that boxing, if only for the decals but Valom rarely get them right.

Lee, i won't be using most of the decals, if you want them, they're yours.  :thumbsup:

The only ones i'd like to keep are just the stencils. those would be number 3,4,5,6,,8,9,10,12,13,14,15,16. I'll probably end up building this as a Portuguese Naval Aviation bird, flying off a WWII surplus carrier bought after the war's end. I normally use the kit's decals sheet for stencils and change the country's markings only so that's why i'd like to keep the numbers i've mentioned.

Gondor

That sheet does look to be better than Valom's usual standard - the ones in the Brigands and Valetta just looked wrong

I'm a greedy, self centred individual but trying to be better. I'd happily halve the sheet with Gondor, if that's okay?

TBH,  other than the ancient Airmodel vacform, I think  I have at least one of each Firebrand V kit released.  I was looking at a Rareplanes one the other day and considering building it at some point this year.

Ta Lee, not worried about the roundels as I have sheets of post war ones I can use.

Gondor

That's perfectly fine with me, just decide which ones each of you want and i'll cut'em up and send'em out. :thumbsup:

This is the 9th quote of the OP... that does make me wonder what's the comment with the most repeated quotes on this forum...   ;D

Let's go for more! :wacko:
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

Quote from: kerick on March 03, 2023, 01:14:54 AM

Gondor

Gondor

Do you think that's wise?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Nick

Quote from: zenrat on March 03, 2023, 03:10:34 AM

Gondor

Gondor

What's the worse that could happen - a mention in Chris' little Black Book?  :wacko:

Gondor

Quote from: Nick on March 03, 2023, 03:19:14 AM

Gondor

Gondor

What's the worse that could happen - a mention in Chris' little Black Book?  :wacko:

Should you really poke a sleeping dragon?
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Pellson

Quote from: Gondor on March 03, 2023, 04:01:33 AM

Gondor

Gondor

This is the 9th quote of the OP... that does make me wonder what's the comment with the most repeated quotes on this forum...  ;D

Never underestimate absolute power.  ;D

In other news:

I got my two latest Evilbay procurements in the mail yesterday. An ICM MiG-25RBF that I've desired since reading that the Russians had a squadron of those in the 16th Air Army at the fall of the wall. In my Alternative History Europe, the Germans audaciously incorporates the Russian leftovers at the latter's withdrawal, so it'll most likely turn out in crosses.

You cannot view this attachment.

I also bought this

It's been on my radar for quite some time, but they're ridiculously expensive and I wanted to make it Spanish - and not a boomtanker - so I never really took the plunge.
And while this was expensive indeed (I payed ca £70), it had this included in the deal:

God has spoken, methought, and bit the bait.

Chuffed now. Even if I haven't the faintest where to store or display it when it's built..  :rolleyes:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Old Wombat

Quote from: Pellson on March 03, 2023, 04:54:18 AM

Gondor

Gondor

This is the 9th quote of the OP... that does make me wonder what's the comment with the most repeated quotes on this forum...  ;D

You're all mad, you know! :rolleyes:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: Gondor on March 03, 2023, 04:01:33 AMShould you really poke a sleeping dragon?

Especially one who celebrates his birthday on St David's Day and will awake from his winter slumbers in a day or two  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

From eBay today

1 x 1/72 Revell 04854 F-101B Voodoo with a mix of decals in the box, some from the kit and some from Super Scale International Inc 72-306 but it will probably be done as something else.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

kerick

Quote from: Old Wombat on March 03, 2023, 05:24:17 AM

Gondor

Gondor

Yes........  Yes we are.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

scooter

Quote from: kerick on March 03, 2023, 08:06:59 AM

Gondor

Gondor

Yes........  Yes we are.

As I've remarked before, sanity is overrated. :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Rick Lowe

Quote from: scooter on March 03, 2023, 08:08:52 AM

Gondor

Gondor

Yes........  Yes we are.

The voices tell me I'm perfectly alright...  ;D

zenrat

Quote from: Rick Lowe on March 03, 2023, 12:36:44 PM
Quote from: scooter on March 03, 2023, 08:08:52 AM

Gondor

Gondor

Yes........  Yes we are.

The voices tell me I'm perfectly alright...  ;D

The voices tell me to see what happens if we add more than just text...

A trip to the LHS today for super glue gel saw me return with these.

20230304_153028 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

20230304_153008 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

The missing sprue contains the back plate of the hull, the track guards and some detail parts.  Nothing that cannot be scratchbuilt or kitbashed.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..