My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

An Airfix 1:72 A-4B Skyhawk (new mould), to end up in Spanish Navy service/makings (as mentioned earlier, simple livery whif).  :lol:

Wardukw

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 27, 2023, 12:58:11 AMThankyou gents re the Voodoo - you've probably made mind up  :thumbsup:
Excellent  ;D..we need more voodoo's  :wacko:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

jcf

edit: moved text to F-101 subject.

Weaver

From Tiger Hobbies on ebay:
Valom 1/72nd Scottish Aviation Twin Pioneer CC.1 (RAF SW Asia boxing)

Highly likely to end up with the British Antarctic Survey (or something similar) as is my wont. Only got the SW Asia version because it's a bit cheaper than the others boxings for some reason.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

McColm

Just ordered the 1/72 Italeri Boeing V-22 Osprey.

McColm

Pending delivery costs,  I have won two lots of damaged 1/72 built model kits on eBay.
One of the lots has a Lockheed Neptune, Avro Lancastrian, Swift,Gannet and Gloucester prototype fighter jet. Whilst the other has an F-18, F-4, A-6, Vickers Wellington and a rather battered Lockheed C-130.
The Grumman A-6 is the only one in good condition.

AeroplaneDriver

From eBay;

1/72 Bandai Y-Wing Fighter.  I've been in the mood to whif some Star Wars Universe ships so this one will not be OOB.

1/48 Hasegawa Draken.  Torn on this one between RW or one of many Whif ideas. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

McColm

Ammo Mig Air Set A.MIG 7203 UK Aircraft Colours 1950s to Present acrylic colours for brush and airbrush 4 x 17ml jars.

Mossie

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on March 29, 2023, 04:20:40 PM1/48 Hasegawa Draken.  Torn on this one between RW or one of many Whif ideas. 

I can recommend Luftwaffe in Norm 62, the splinter patter suits the lines.  I did the Hasegawa 1/72 kit (Revell boxing) in that scheme, but never posted it here as I dropped it just before I got the decals on and never fully repaired it.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Rheged

Quote from: Weaver on March 29, 2023, 05:11:24 AMFrom Tiger Hobbies on ebay:

Highly likely to end up with the British Antarctic Survey (or something similar) as is my wont. Only got the SW Asia version because it's a bit cheaper than the others boxings for some reason.

I look forward to seeing this!     Should you wish to consider alternatives  Falkland Islands Government Air Service  or  Orkney Air Ambulance  are possibilities
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Mossie

Quote from: Mossie on March 30, 2023, 10:32:10 AM
Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on March 29, 2023, 04:20:40 PM1/48 Hasegawa Draken.  Torn on this one between RW or one of many Whif ideas. 

I can recommend Luftwaffe in Norm 62, the splinter patter suits the lines.  I did the Hasegawa 1/72 kit (Revell boxing) in that scheme, but never posted it here as I dropped it just before I got the decals on and never fully repaired it.

Thoughts on the Draken again, much of the construction of the 1/48 kit is the same as the smaller one.  The nose cone is a weak joint to the fuselage, it's almost a butt join.  Adding some sprue or plastic strip will improve it, I kept knocking it off with the slightest tap. 
I'd also recommend putting the nose weight in the fuselage as the weight along with the weak join contributed to the damage.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Weaver

Quote from: Rheged on March 30, 2023, 10:40:41 AM
Quote from: Weaver on March 29, 2023, 05:11:24 AMFrom Tiger Hobbies on ebay:

I look forward to seeing this!     Should you wish to consider alternatives  Falkland Islands Government Air Service  or  Orkney Air Ambulance  are possibilities

The S&M decal sheet I have covers BAS, FIGAS and Falkland Island Dependencies Survey (BAS predecessor). I've already used the BAS Twin Otter decals (on a Skyvan) and the FIGAS Huey decals (on a Hueycobra skycrane). That leave a FIGAS Islander (but those decals are very type-specific), A BAS Turbo-Porter and two Otters, A FIDS Beaver, another Beaver and a Norseman.

I also have a resin Combat Kits 'single' Pioneer, so I think that'll get the FIDS markings, leaving the Otter ones (bigger than the PC-6 ones) for the Twin Pioneer. My only doubt about that though is that they're in a very 1970s font, and I envisaged the Twin Pioneer being somewhat earlier in timescale.

Methinks the matter needs some research and a good coat of thinking about...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: Mossie on March 30, 2023, 11:13:55 AM
Quote from: Mossie on March 30, 2023, 10:32:10 AM

Thoughts on the Draken again, much of the construction of the 1/48 kit is the same as the smaller one.  The nose cone is a weak joint to the fuselage, it's almost a butt join.  Adding some sprue or plastic strip will improve it, I kept knocking it off with the slightest tap. 
I'd also recommend putting the nose weight in the fuselage as the weight along with the weak join contributed to the damage.

Good to know.  Thanks for the tips!!
So I got that going for me...which is nice....