My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on March 29, 2023, 04:20:40 PM1/48 Hasegawa Draken.  Torn on this one between RW or one of many Whif ideas. 

Somebody created a 1:72 tactical bomber from it, long ago, IIRC with a tandem cockpit and side-by-side twin engines. Would even fill a real-world "gap", the B36 for the Swedish Air Force.  :mellow:

Pellson

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on March 30, 2023, 11:45:27 PM
Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on March 29, 2023, 04:20:40 PM1/48 Hasegawa Draken.  Torn on this one between RW or one of many Whif ideas. 

Somebody created a 1:72 tactical bomber from it, long ago, IIRC with a tandem cockpit and side-by-side twin engines. Would even fill a real-world "gap", the B36 for the Swedish Air Force.  :mellow:

Our own Rickshaw did one, if I'm not mistaken?
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

rickshaw

Quote from: Pellson on March 31, 2023, 01:44:16 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on March 30, 2023, 11:45:27 PM

Our own Rickshaw did one, if I'm not mistaken?

I did indeed.  The Saab 36 Nidhögg:

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Pellson

The latest, but hardly last, Evilbay finds:

You cannot view this attachment.

I'm not sure what to do with any of them, but they came for next to nothing, and I'm a weak soul.  :angel:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

zenrat

Su-17/22 wings have been a favourite substitution for whiffing purposes here...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Ah, some day I want to combine these two kits into the rather unknown Su-23...  :rolleyes:

Gondor

Rescued from the local sorting office one eBay purchase for just over £7

1 x 1/72 Airfix A04003 Supermarine Swift FR.5 Might end up as a R/W build with eduard etch that I managed to find for it.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

That's a steal. Was the £7 inclusive of post?
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on March 31, 2023, 07:06:13 AMThat's a steal. Was the £7 inclusive of post?

Unfortunately no, p&p almost doubled the price which was still good and the delivery was in less than a week too.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Dizzyfugu

Got my hands on an Italeri (probably ex ESCI?) 1:72 SdKfz. 124 "Wespe" kit, earmarked to receive a gun transplant (maybe a 75 mm PaK with a long L70 barrel), becoming a makeshift light tank hunter, the "Jagdwespe".  :wacko:

The Wooksta!

A trio of Buchons from Uncle Frank:
Amodel Casa 1109.
Rough but workable, some parts definitely need replacing. Thankfully, that AZ 109 family has lots of spares. The prop is a De Havilland, and I have a lot of Spitfire spares.
Straight kit markings with RAF over painted, one got lost and was forced down over GiB.

AZ Casa 1112
Decent, good detail and cross kit able with the other AZ kits, so tall tail and Erla hood. Straight markings.

Special Hobby Casa 1112
Best of the lot, but not as buildable as the AZ. If anything, it's too detailed, etch and resin, but paradoxically not detailed enough in places. Plus some odd build choices. Much prefer the AZ kit.  Hopefully, Eduard may do it, they've done most of the other 109s.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on March 31, 2023, 08:59:17 AMGot my hands on an Italeri (probably ex ESCI?) 1:72 SdKfz. 124 "Wespe" kit, earmarked to receive a gun transplant (maybe a 75 mm PaK with a long L70 barrel), becoming a makeshift light tank hunter, the "Jagdwespe".  :wacko:

I like the sound of that  :thumbsup:  Those old ESCI armour kits were nice models for their time.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 01, 2023, 12:59:23 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on March 31, 2023, 08:59:17 AMGot my hands on an Italeri (probably ex ESCI?) 1:72 SdKfz. 124 "Wespe" kit, earmarked to receive a gun transplant (maybe a 75 mm PaK with a long L70 barrel), becoming a makeshift light tank hunter, the "Jagdwespe".  :wacko:

I like the sound of that  :thumbsup:  Those old ESCI armour kits were nice models for their time.
A Panther gun in a Wespe..see why haven't I ever thought of this before 🤨.
Love this idea Dizzy ..big gun in a small track..love it 😀
See that where Kit and I are very very similar..Kit loves his longer wings and his longer guns..same here on both 👍😁
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on April 01, 2023, 03:16:37 AMSee that where Kit and I are very very similar..Kit loves his longer wings and his longer guns..same here on both 👍😁

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

killnoizer

Give me your unused GUNS  :thumbsup:

I am boring , catched just another Me 262 .  Am i a Messerschmitt Junkie ?
It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/