My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Quote from: killnoizer on April 01, 2023, 10:54:08 AMGive me your unused GUNS  :thumbsup:

I am boring , catched just another Me 262 .  Am i a Messerschmitt Junkie ?
Noizer mate you ARE a Messerschmitt junkie ..there is no question to that 😃🛩
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

The Rat

Dinosaur food, $7 each at WalMart. Hate patronising that den of iniquity, but this stuff isn't easy to get these days.
Might have to go back over and clear them out.

Dymo by Dave Bailey, on Flickr
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Wardukw

Won a Airfix 1/48 MK24 Spitfire last night...sweet  <_<
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

McColm

Just bought my first 1/72 Lockheed SR-71 on eBay with the drone.
The glazed canopies are missing and so is the nose cone on the SR-77A. Going to be a whiff Black Bird.

McColm

So this is what I'm expecting to arrive over the next two weeks
The photos are blurred and out of focus.

Dizzyfugu

Got hands on a Fujimi 1:72 Aichi B7A1 "Ryusei" in good condition for just EUR 9,-, the orange version of the kit.
Earmarked to become a WWII Luftwaffe torpedo bomber some day, maybe with a different (BMW 801 or so) engine.

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on March 31, 2023, 08:59:17 AMGot my hands on an Italeri (probably ex ESCI?) 1:72 SdKfz. 124 "Wespe" kit, earmarked to receive a gun transplant (maybe a 75 mm PaK with a long L70 barrel), becoming a makeshift light tank hunter, the "Jagdwespe".  :wacko:

...and I ordered a 1:72 L70 metal barrel for the planned conversion. Have to check The Stash™ for a PaK 40, I might have one somewhere, I think...  :rolleyes:

Weaver

Sooo, a week ago I made the mistake of browsing Hannant's Special Offers section with money in my pocket, and the consequences have arrived today...

Mikro Mir 1/72nd SNCASO Dever - the crazy tail-sitter VTOL thing with three engines
Brengun 1/72nd Henschel Hs 126 A1 - Condor Legion boxing
2 x KP 1/72nd SIAI SF-260D/W Warriors  - European Users boxing, which incorporated Irish decals
Xtrakit 1/72nd Saunders-Roe SRA-1 - prototype boxing*
Eastern Express 1/72nd MBB Bo-105 CBS-4 - UTair air ambulance boxing
Aeroline 1/72nd US rocket engines 15-KS-1000 - 4 x resin RATO bottles
2 x Brengun 1/72nd S-328 ski landing gear - fairly generic resin & etch snow skis

*this wasn't on sale, but it made the order up to the free postage level. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Dever:
Man is it small!

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Quote from: Weaver on April 03, 2023, 05:40:42 AMDever:
Man is it small!

Now I'd have thought it would of been massive  :unsure:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 03, 2023, 05:49:12 AM
Man is it small!

Now we know where Gerry Anderson got his ideas!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Gondor

Received an ebay order today from America

1 x 1/72 Microscale 72-223 F-101A or F-101C decals to go with the F-101 I bought a few weeks ago without decals  :banghead:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Rick Lowe

Quote from: kerick on April 03, 2023, 09:33:30 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on April 03, 2023, 05:49:12 AM
Man is it small!

Now we know where Gerry Anderson got his ideas!

It also looks very 'Ministry of Space'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ministry_of_Space

or 'Scarlet Traces'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scarlet_Traces

Both of which have quite a few good whiffing ideas, and are good reads as well.  :thumbsup:

Dizzyfugu

Juts procured a Zvezda 1:72 75mm PaK-40 (incl. two gunners) for the Jagdwespe project. Hardware is now complete, but I am uncertain when it will be built.  :angel:

Wardukw

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on April 04, 2023, 12:24:25 AMJuts procured a Zvezda 1:72 75mm PaK-40 (incl. two gunners) for the Jagdwespe project. Hardware is now complete, but I am uncertain when it will be built.  :angel:
Have similar thoughts Thomas about a couple of old Dragon Panzer 38 ts I have and a PAK44 gun ..the ideas there for a waffenträger thingy ..since I can't afford one and I want one thinking of coming up with my own version.

Weaver

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on April 04, 2023, 12:24:25 AMJuts procured a Zvezda 1:72 75mm PaK-40 (incl. two gunners) for the Jagdwespe project. Hardware is now complete, but I am uncertain when it will be built.  :angel:

That'll be a good JMN-fooler. The Marder II mounted a 75mm (or a captured 76.2mm) on a Panzer II chassis like the Wespe's, but the engine was left at the rear with the fighting compartment in the middle. The Marder III had the front engine & rear fighting compartment of the Wespe, but was based on the Panzer 38t chassis. You could therefore say that a Jagdwespe (AT gun, front engine, Pz II chassis) is, in effect, a "Marder II.5".
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones