My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Weaver on April 04, 2023, 02:29:28 AMThat'll be a good JMN-fooler. The Marder II mounted a 75mm (or a captured 76.2mm) on a Panzer II chassis like the Wespe's, but the engine was left at the rear with the fighting compartment in the middle. The Marder III had the front engine & rear fighting compartment of the Wespe, but was based on the Panzer 38t chassis. You could therefore say that a Jagdwespe (AT gun, front engine, Pz II chassis) is, in effect, a "Marder II.5".

I was inspired by modified Nashorn SPG, some were outfitted with lighter 75mm guns instead of the 88mm PaK - mounting such a weapon on a standard Wespe with its 105mm howitzer appeared like a natural conversion. Such a vehicle would have well matched the Marder family, but I will keep it an individual vehicle - may re-armed ammuntion carriers? Not certain yet how wacky the long gun barrel will look on the small Panzer II chassis, but the overall combo appears plausible. I might lower the superstructure, though, as the PaK-40 is markedly lower thane the howitzer with its protective shield.  :angel:

The Wooksta!

There was two Marders based on the 38T chassis, one Wespe style and another with the fighting compartment where the turret had been.  The latter was an ESCI kit I built years back (1983?) but I think the former has only been released as a white metal or resin kit.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Received a delivery from eBay today

1 x 1/72 Freightdog Models FSD72015 Brits at Sea Pt.II Pose-War Fleet Air Arm. Bought for the Skyraider AEW decals mainly. I am sure I can find a use for the rest of them as well.

Recovered from my local Post Office, a parcel from the BIG yellow H

1 x 1/72 AZ Models AZ7616 Messerschmitt Bf 109G-12 for a planned conversion project

1 x 1/72 Xtradecal X72071 Meteor F Mk8 in Foreign Service. Bought for the Australian Markings to go with the New Airfix F.8 and rockets from the FR.9 to model an aircraft in Korea.

1 x 1/72 Reskit RSM72-0005 Hawker Hunter FGA.9 Paint Masks

1 x 1/72 quickboost QB 720209 BAC Lightning Air Intake for Trumpeter kit. Not very expensive so I thought I would try one out.

1 x 1/72 eduard 72204 B-29A etch brass set.

1 x 14ml Humbrol 21 Gloss Black paint.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Wardukw

Had a score of the epic side of things today ..I don't remember the exact details but there's a 48th Bearcat..48th Refale..72nd Airfix Hawk and a big box of tools and things..I'll add to this when I get home tonight 😉
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

DogfighterZen

Received today, again from Super hobby, the AFV Club 1/48 F-CK-1C, which may end up with more parts than what it has in the box... :wacko:

Waiting for a few more... From the Portuguese Warkit store, Revell 1/48 Eurofighter and Hasegawa 1/72 F-35B, from  Panzerfux in Germany, Hasegawa 1/72 F-35A limited edition "Beast Mode" box with a complete weapons and pylons load for the wings. It also has a stand for inflight display but i believe that has become standard issue in these kits.
From Lima November decals, a set of 1/48 RDAF F-16 in Have Glass V scheme for my next Viper and again, from Superhobby in Poland, another set of Model Maker 1/48 F-16 in PoAF service (generic set) and a sheet of white stripes from Techmod.
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Wardukw

OK here's a much better description of what I scored today and this really Is a score gents..when I tell ya how much I payed you won't believe it..I brought this lost and I still believe what I payed.

Right here's the list.

1 x 1/72 Airfix Red Arrows Hawk starter kit. Brand new.
1 x 1/48 Hobbyboss  F8F-2 Bearcat with an Eduard masking set..Eduard exterior set and a Eduard interior set.. brand new .
Also a set of Superscale decals for Bearcats.
1 x 1/48 Revell  Dassault Rafale M with a Wolfpack design Rafale B/M standard F2 update set .
The Rafale has been started and from what I've seen so far its missing a rear wheel from the landing gear ..shouldn't be to much a hassle to find a couple of rear wheels which will look OK.
Also a box full of solder ..wire..tools..knives..tweezers..screw drivers..files. ..7 brand new packets of X-acto knife blades.. and heaps more ..a high quality pair of Helping hands and a Fine flame gas touch which goes on a gas cylinder..the price on the back of the box says $81.00 nz from Bunnings.

How much for this lot..$60  ;D
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

buzzbomb

As much as I have tried to NOT buy kits and build what I already have   :o   ..... once certain kits are seen, they cannot be unseen and therefore must be aquired.
Saw this whilst visiting the SMS HQ yesterday

It has Markings for GB, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
Why exactly Australia or New Zealand would ever need a Heavy Tank destroyer like this is a bit baffling, but the thought counts.
The colour scheme for Australia is even more baffling as far as time period goes, but hey.. full on Whiffer in a box.

Extra markings are all useful though regardless of chosen scheme

Another in the line of AFV club Centurion variants. Now if only we could get a Mk 7.

Wardukw

I've been collecting pics and measurements for this monster Dizzy..the model is way out of my price range but I do have a Centurion and plans to build one but instead of a 183mm gun ( if I remember correctly) I'm gonna use a 155mm ..cause i have one  ;D

Weaver

Quote from: buzzbomb on April 04, 2023, 11:46:29 PMIt has Markings for GB, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
Why exactly Australia or New Zealand would ever need a Heavy Tank destroyer like this is a bit baffling, but the thought counts.

GB, Israel and India would make more sense.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

scooter

Quote from: Weaver on April 05, 2023, 12:24:40 AM
Quote from: buzzbomb on April 04, 2023, 11:46:29 PMIt has Markings for GB, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.

Canada because of moose, Oz for the Third Emu War.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

zenrat

Ugly SOB.
I presume the gun is so high in the turret because the breech is too long to drop into the turret ring when it elevates.

Didn't Amusing Hobby make one of these?

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

Quote from: scooter on April 05, 2023, 02:57:48 AM
Quote from: Weaver on April 05, 2023, 12:24:40 AM

Canada because of moose, Oz for the Third Emu War.

Israel 'cos there were staring at Egyptian IS-3s.
Australia 'cos Jeez mate, have you SEEN the spiders?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

rickshaw

The Oz Cam is all wrong for the period.  The Australian Army did not introduce cam on vehicles until about 1984.  Before then it was just plain, boring green.  In the 1950s, the green used was Bronze Green, in the 1960s and 70s and early 80s it was Australian Army green, a most odd shade.   :banghead:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Gondor

Quote from: zenrat on April 05, 2023, 04:30:27 AMUgly SOB.
I presume the gun is so high in the turret because the breech is too long to drop into the turret ring when it elevates.

Didn't Amusing Hobby make one of these?

Yes Amusing Hobby did, I think the AFV version has a better chassis though.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on April 05, 2023, 04:58:09 AMAustralia 'cos Jeez mate, have you SEEN the spiders?

Exactly!  ;D  ;D  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit