My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooter

Quote from: kerick on April 17, 2023, 08:15:10 PMI've picked up so many kits lately I don't know which to start with. A Razor Crest and a Wildcat at our club meeting. An F-80 and M-51 Isherman tank. A Korean tank bought from a club member. An Ecronoplane, an A-10, an Ertal P-40, a Tamiya Meteor, a Henkle Owl, a Lindberg Victor from venders and a CH-53 in the raffle.
Kitbash the CH-53 and Razorcrest
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

DogfighterZen

Fat Amy knocked on my door today... ;D

Still waiting for the Lima November decals 1/48 sheet for the RDAF F-16AMs with the HAVE GLASS V scheme to use on a Kinetic F-16A MLU kit but it will be a what if... :mellow:
Also waiting for couple of A-26 kits... the Italeri A-26B and Airfix A-26B/C kits. I wanted to buy a B-26K but couldn't find one inside the EU and the other one i found was in the UK and is just too expensive with the import fees so, i'll just convert the Italeri kit with the Quickboost engines/cowlings and wheels. Wingtip tanks and pylons should be easy to either steal from another kit or modify some from the spares box and i think that the rest of the mods needed should be easy enough to achieve with some minor scratchbuilding.
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

zenrat

Quote from: killnoizer on April 17, 2023, 12:48:50 PMThat quality  doesn't care for me ...  just like the Corsair, which I got onIy for the wings , I think it is the same like PM Modells ?
   It is vintage, cheap , and also a good base for any whatif  .  And it is in my budget range too ! 
But what a small piece it is !   6 parts for the main plane .   And the coming design just grows on in my head  :thumbsup: 

Pioneer 2 Yak 15 can be improved using parts from the Airfix Yak 9d.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

From Air Graphics Models, thanks to a kind tip from Gondor:

All 1/72nd scale:
1 x Mk.28EX tactical nuclear bomb - destined for a 1960s RCAF CF-101C
1 x GEC Heli Tele camera mounting - don't know, but always liked them (they were mounted on Lynxes IRL)
3 x pairs of Jaguar tandem store carriers - 3 destined for a 1970s CF-101C, 2 destined for an RN Skyhawk
2 x Pairs of Weber F-101 ejection seats - 3 destined for CF-101C/Rs (easier than the fiddly PE on the Valom seats)
2 x Israeli Skyhawk extended jetpipes - destined for RN Skyhawks

Not guaranteeing that any of these will actually get built, of course, but the intention's there again...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

kerick

Quote from: scooter on April 17, 2023, 08:31:03 PM
Quote from: kerick on April 17, 2023, 08:15:10 PMI've picked up so many kits lately I don't know which to start with. A Razor Crest and a Wildcat at our club meeting. An F-80 and M-51 Isherman tank. A Korean tank bought from a club member. An Ecronoplane, an A-10, an Ertal P-40, a Tamiya Meteor, a Henkle Owl, a Lindberg Victor from venders and a CH-53 in the raffle.

I never did like the nose of the Razor Crest. I think this one will be OOB but maybe later.......
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

DogfighterZen

Quote from: DogfighterZen on April 17, 2023, 09:30:50 PMStill waiting for the Lima November decals 1/48 sheet for the RDAF F-16AMs with the HAVE GLASS V scheme to use on a Kinetic F-16A MLU kit but it will be a what if... :mellow:

Arrived today... :thumbsup:

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

zenrat

Quote from: kerick on April 18, 2023, 01:52:11 PM

I never did like the nose of the Razor Crest. I think this one will be OOB but maybe later.......

I've always thought the Razorcrest needs stubby little wings spacing the engines out from the hull.  And that maybe the engines should pivot.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

kerick

Quote from: zenrat on April 19, 2023, 05:26:36 AM

I've always thought the Razorcrest needs stubby little wings spacing the engines out from the hull.  And that maybe the engines should pivot.

I also have the CH-54 Skycrane kit from Revell. That cockpit would fit too.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

The Wooksta!

A care from Gondor arrived this morning, containing a Whirlybird Supermarine Type 510 and an Airfix Hunter FGA9.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Weaver

You mean it should be even more of a Firefly ripoff?  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

kerick

Since the Razor Crest has some C-130 and CH-53 similarities maybe a CH-53 minus all the rotors and some stub wings with big turbofan engines. Something like the retro stuff from BSG. Hummmm, just thought about how that might look like a MV-22! Would need some big guns on either side of the cockpit.
Tophe the Wise

The Wooksta!

On examining the Hunter, I find it has the Airkit Hunter F6 tailpipe and F1-F5 wings.  Thanks!
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

rickshaw

Today, I received a fresh copy of one from Evilbay:

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

zenrat

Quote from: Weaver on April 19, 2023, 04:40:13 PM

You mean it should be even more of a Firefly ripoff?  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:  :thumbsup:

Until we get a 1/72 Firefly (with the gun mounted up top), yes.

Fred

Weaver

Quote from: zenrat on April 20, 2023, 04:42:18 AM
Quote from: Weaver on April 19, 2023, 04:40:13 PM

Until we get a 1/72 Firefly (with the gun mounted up top), yes.

Well the gun's just a stock ZU-23-2 mount IIRC, so even if they leave it off it should be easy to modify. Do you want the 'hood ornaments' too?  :o

- Indiana Jones