My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DogfighterZen

Quote from: The Wooksta! on April 21, 2023, 10:36:06 AMI'd whiff the Airfix one due to it's age and do t'other as OTL. The Italeri one is very nice, I gave mine to Martin as I have little interest in the majority of US aircraft.

Well, i do appreciate the suggestion, Lee, but my plan for these two is to build the Italeri kit first as a PoAF B-26K... A-26B modernized a couple of years after the end of the war, instead of being abandoned in the ex-colonies where they were stationed... Just to get on Portuguese JMNs' nerves... :wacko:
And i prefer to use some of my best kits for what if builds... as you said, the Italeri kit is much better than the old Airfix and i think it'll also be an easier build cause the Quickboost engines are made for that kit.
Also, the tail/rudder will need some work so, having engraved detail, it'll be easier to rescribe in case it's needed.
I also have to see if there are any suitable aftermarket parts for the conversion besides the engines or i'll have to scrachtbuild some stuff... Anyway, i'll try to buy the engines, no matter what kit i end up using for the conversion and it'll probably be a while till i get to it so, i'll decide later on. :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Gondor

Quote from: DogfighterZen on April 21, 2023, 12:55:07 PM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on April 21, 2023, 10:36:06 AMI'd whiff the Airfix one due to it's age and do t'other as OTL. The Italeri one is very nice, I gave mine to Martin as I have little interest in the majority of US aircraft.

Well, i do appreciate the suggestion, Lee, but my plan for these two is to build the Italeri kit first as a PoAF B-26K... A-26B modernized a couple of years after the end of the war, instead of being abandoned in the ex-colonies where they were stationed... Just to get on Portuguese JMNs' nerves... :wacko:
And i prefer to use some of my best kits for what if builds... as you said, the Italeri kit is much better than the old Airfix and i think it'll also be an easier build cause the Quickboost engines are made for that kit.
Also, the tail/rudder will need some work so, having engraved detail, it'll be easier to rescribe in case it's needed.
I also have to see if there are any suitable aftermarket parts for the conversion besides the engines or i'll have to scrachtbuild some stuff... Anyway, i'll try to buy the engines, no matter what kit i end up using for the conversion and it'll probably be a while till i get to it so, i'll decide later on. :thumbsup:

Paragon did a B-26K conversion set for the Airfix kit and Italeri did a B-26K version of their kit as well

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Gondor on April 21, 2023, 02:11:54 PMParagon did a B-26K conversion set for the Airfix kit and Italeri did a B-26K version of their kit as well

Gondor

Yep, i'm aware of the B-26K kit but the only one i found selling was in the UK and it just became too expensive with the customs charges on top of the already high 60£+postage... that would be even more than a new ICM 1/48 B-26K bought from a Portuguese store... The Invader is a bigger aircraft than most of the stuff i have and the 1/72 kit is already big enough so, i'm not buying the 1/48 kit.
Regarding the Paragon conversion set, can't find it anywhere and i have a feeling that it's long OOP, same as the Whirlybird tail cone/rudder so, unless someone is willing to sell the Italeri kit or a conversion set for a reasonable price, i'll have to keep looking with little hope of success. :-\
I wonder why Italeri only released the B-26K kit once when the new tool came out in 2005, all the other releases were of A-26A/B/C variants with the Revell A-26B release in 2006. There's no other kit in production at the moment in 1/72 so i bet i wouldn't be the only one happy to see a new release with the B-26K sprues.

P.S: I just got a fuselage sprue of the Airfix kit out of the box to compare size with an F-16 and... i guess i had wrong idea of the size of the A-26... this is actually making me consider the ICM 1/48 kit... i mean, it's still a bit longer and surely wider than an F-16 but i do have an SU-57 and the YF-23 kits in 1/48 so... ;)

P.S.#2: Just checked the Italeri site and, although the kit is still listed on the site, it's as discontinued production so i don't think we'll be seeing a new B-26K release anytime soon. :(
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

Quote from: DogfighterZen on April 21, 2023, 04:14:17 PMwith the customs charges on top of the already high 60£+postage...

Seriously ?  :o  I knew some postage rates were high but that's daft.

I've just looked at the Royal Mail website and they are saying small parcels (up to 2kg) is a maximum of £11.80 and that is tracked.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 22, 2023, 12:21:38 AM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on April 21, 2023, 04:14:17 PMwith the customs charges on top of the already high 60£+postage...

I've just looked at the Royal Mail website and they are saying small parcels (up to 2kg) is a maximum of £11.80 and that is tracked.

Chris, i  think you got confused by the way i wrote, i meant 60£ for the kit, plus the postage costs, which were around 14£ so, i imagine the seller is adding the Ebay fees but, i think 60£ is already a lot, plus the 14£ for postage, plus customs, which is normally between 15 to 20€... 94£ converted into € would be around 115€... nope, not paying that for that kit, even it is a rarity, can't pay that price for that 1/72 kit, would much rather have the ICM 1/48 kit, even if that means i'll have to hang it on the ceiling after finished. :rolleyes:

NARSES2

Quote from: DogfighterZen on April 22, 2023, 12:47:17 AM

Chris, i  think you got confused by the way i wrote, i meant 60£ for the kit, plus the postage costs, which were around 14£ so, i imagine the seller is adding the Ebay fees but, i think 60£ is already a lot, plus the 14£ for postage, plus customs, which is normally between 15 to 20€... 94£ converted into € would be around 115€... nope, not paying that for that kit, even it is a rarity, can't pay that price for that 1/72 kit, would much rather have the ICM 1/48 kit, even if that means i'll have to hang it on the ceiling after finished. :rolleyes:

Ah right, it's early in the morning  ;D

That's reasonable then. I thought someone was trying to rip you off, if so I could have got the kit on UK EBay and posted it to you.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 22, 2023, 12:50:20 AM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on April 22, 2023, 12:47:17 AM

Ah right, it's early in the morning  ;D

That's reasonable then. I thought someone was trying to rip you off, if so I could have got the kit on UK EBay and posted it to you.

Oh, i appreciate that a lot, Chris, thank you!  :thumbsup: I've just checked and the kit has already been sold so, don't worry about it, it was too expensive for a 1/72 kit. :(
Anyway, I'll be keeping an eye out for one, i may end up getting lucky... although the ICM looks like a great kit, i don't want buy more 1/48 kits, at least not an Invader. I have enough big kits and for this plane, 1/72 is good enough for me.
Oh, and if i have too many issues finding adequate parts to convert one of my kits into a B-26K, i'll probably just end up making up my own version... ;)

Dizzyfugu

Got a cheap KP/Master Hobby Kits 1:72 Convair XFY 1 Pogo (just EUR 6,-, could not say No!).

killnoizer

You cannot view this attachment.

Just received this nice paket from
PR_19 Kit .
It is so friendly to send me this part for my 262 ,
i think i have to wait one day with open it .
T H A N K Y O U V E R Y M U C H .
It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

PR19_Kit

Magic, I'm pleased it got there OK.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Small spree on eBay for a few things

MPM Bf 109G12, the upgraded one with resin.
Aero master Bf 109k, as I want the Reich defence bands
The other sheet was post war Spanish Heinkel He 70s. May look good on a Siebel Si 204 instead.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Wardukw

Got a few things I scored today of trademe auctions and very happy with the wins ...this is the wee pile ..

1 x Trumpeter 1/35th BMP 1...I HAVE PLANS FOR THIS  :wacko:  :wacko:
1 x Italeri 1/35th M923 A1 Bigfoot 5t truck..no plans at all for this butnit was cheap and not that easy to get here now.

1 x Heavy Hobby/Voyager 1/35th 3D Printed Panther Late Version Tracks...this will be wither quite interesting or it won't be 🙃
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

From BNA.

This might get big fat tyres (a resin KRAZ set perhaps?).  Almost definitely a RHD conversion.
20230426_182304 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

And I couldn't resist these.
20230426_182246 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Are the bottles full, half full or empty ? Serious question. Some look full in the image, but I'm not quite sure.

Seeing this and the recent cheese truck I just wonder what Mini Art will come up with next ?

Gondor

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 26, 2023, 06:05:32 AMAre the bottles full, half full or empty ? Serious question. Some look full in the image, but I'm not quite sure.

Seeing this and the recent cheese truck I just wonder what Mini Art will come up with next ?

Fondue set?   :rolleyes:
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....