My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Quote from: DogfighterZen on April 27, 2023, 04:04:52 PMFound one of my holy grail kits today on ebay, from an Italian seller. It had buy it now option but no postage option for Portugal so, i contacted the seller and he offered tracked postage so i bought a Valom 1/72 Blackburn Firebrand TF Mk.II.  :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Old Wombat on April 27, 2023, 09:29:36 AM
Quote from: zenrat on April 27, 2023, 03:41:56 AMA google search for G.506 trucks came up with this.

I've ordered a set of big fat resin wheels and tyres.

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Awesome - and that would be an interesting painting challenge, right there!  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on April 27, 2023, 06:15:49 PM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on April 27, 2023, 04:04:52 PMFound one of my holy grail kits today on ebay, from an Italian seller. It had buy it now option but no postage option for Portugal so, i contacted the seller and he offered tracked postage so i bought a Valom 1/72 Blackburn Firebrand TF Mk.II.  :thumbsup:

It's not the easiest of builds, but with a little care it goes together  :thumbsup:  Still got another one sitting in the stash along with one of their Mk Vs
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 28, 2023, 02:51:16 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on April 27, 2023, 06:15:49 PM

It's not the easiest of builds, but with a little care it goes together  :thumbsup:  Still got another one sitting in the stash along with one of their Mk Vs

Thanks for the heads-up, Chris!  :thumbsup:
Using the ghostbusters' song... I'm afraid of no kit! ;D  ;D  ;D 
In fact, i have a plan that may very well go ahead with that kit... the canopy was changed on the Mk.III to the teardrop type... what if it had been done sooner on the TF Mk. II? Maybe with that change, the bigger tail surfaces were also installed on the Mk. II... :wacko:
I know that those were enlarged to counter the Centaurus engine's torque but i like the look of them like that so, i can't wait to get the kit to decide what i wanna do. :mellow:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Steel Penguin

half of the result of me falling off the wagon earlier this week have arrived

Xtradecal X48022   Raf fighter codes  MSG 24" and 30"  i need a set of  letters for the Peanut painted Lear Jet with the A-10  engines  G- DARE  on each side.
the Bronco 1:35 Marching PLA figure set, will be chopped and modded for use with other things,
Barton Miniatures  1:35 present day British RAC officer,  and Tank Crewman,  for use with my modern british stuff
and for when i do the Grav cars in the same scale   Preiser 1:24 Eve set, as ive only ever seen part sets at massive prices at shows i will have to dress then with putty etc when used, but ive done such conversions with 28mm figs how much harder can it be ?  :banghead:   :unsure:

the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

killnoizer

I found some old kits in one of my garage storages outside ... bought them long time ago If anyone is interested in parts of the 747 please call me , i will just use the wings and engines ( and the big plastic pieces as Material ) .

You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment. 
It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

Gondor

My Loot from the first day of the Scottish Nationals

Opps... that should be Lute  :blink:

1 x 1/72 Airfix A04061 Bristol Blenheim Mk.IV to be converted to a Mk.V

1 x 1/72 Sword SW72118 Lightning T.4/5 to be a T.4 as I already have a T.5

And that was all the kits

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

kitbasher

From Sussex Model Centre having seen one built at the South Downs Model Show next door, a just-released Airfix F-35B.  The made up example looked fantastic, looking forward to building mine.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Rick Lowe

From a friend who buys estate collections, the 1/35 Italeri Dodge Ambulance.
Something I've been thinking looked cool for a lot of years now, and it was there at a sensible price, so "Why not?" sez I.  <_<

The Wooksta!

Snagged a Mistercraft Bf 100G12 yesterday in town whilst looking for something else.

Dear god, it's terrible, being based on the vile Intech 109 tooling, a poor copy of the Hasegawa kit.  Very crude moulding, nothing fits and the plastic quality is horrible.

I really should have known, having struggled with an Intech one some 25 years back, but the box, decals and instructions are very nice, more so than the plastic.

For some reason it comes with the tall tail.  May end up as a Spanish one based on a G-2 airframe.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

killnoizer

Got a cheap noname A10 in 1:48 from fleamarket , maybe it comes together well with a 48'  Me 262 from my storage some day ...  And a lot of parts and decals .
And a Defender for a friend who got the real one in white,  and a Caterpillar for some tracks to build .

You cannot view this attachment.
It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

NARSES2

From the South Downs Model Show and the Sussex Model Centre next door, and boy was the later a revelation !

The P.11F will quite possibly be Finnish ? Whilst the Typhoon was originally to have been a real world version, but coming home on the train I was musing on building it as a 112 Sqd machine in Italy during 1945 ?

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

My haul from day two of the Scottish Nationals was

1 x 1/72 Italeri 1229 UH-1 F Huey, probably French, maybe Navy  :-\

1 x 1/35 AFV Club AF35122 Centurion Mk 5/2 `6 105mm Gun (NATO)

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

Snagged a pair of Matchbox Heinkel He 70s of the Bay of E for coppers over 3 notes plus post.  Revell boxing so should have good decals.

Planning on real world Spain for these.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic