My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AeroplaneDriver

Found quite the steal from a local Facebook "For Sale" page. 

Monogram Colonial Viper.  Open box, sealed bags for $20. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Rick Lowe

Bargain! I still prefer that version over the reboot one.

PR19_Kit

A lovely set of Hasegawa air-to-air missiles arrived in the post this morning, courtesy of eBay, and it contains no less than  24 'winders of various types!  :thumbsup:

I only need two of the early versions for the F-98, so that should get it finished this week.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

McColm

Bought on eBay this morning:

00 gauge Hornby Rambler train set and  three shortwheeled  carriages,  the plan is the budget Hogwarts Express. The carriages will be painted; red, yellow,  blue and green.
I can't believe how expensive each individual carriage is.

1/72 Convair B-58 Hustler, earmarked for use on the Lockheed RF-12D. Leftover parts will form a long-range interceptor.

rickshaw

Today, I received a Holy Grail kit which I have been chasing for over 10 years  First there was an Aeroclub Kit but that proved impossible to purchase.  It was simply too expensive, usually over a hundred and fifty dollars on Evilbay.  Then, up popped a resin kit, from Spain.  Now, I have one other kit from this maker,  an Airbus CN-295 and it seemed pretty good, so on an impulse I ordered one.  Took quite a while to save up the money.  Being unemployed and basically unemployable now due to health reasons, it was hard on the pittance I received from SWMBO.   Anyway, though a private arrangement with the maker, finally I received notice it was on it's way.  It arrived today.  A brand new, spanking, Shorts Sherpa!   :smiley:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Wardukw

In the mail today 2 models I scored last week arrived ..
A Trumpeter Chinese military rip off of the BMP1 and a Italeri 6x6 Bigfoot cargo truck and there was a very nice surprise was included by the seller.
A Frog Hurricane MK  IIC Night fighter in 72nd scale ..it's quite a nice looking little kit and building this would challenge me in today's world ..but I might go back to the old days and paint the entire thing by hand .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on May 03, 2023, 11:48:39 PM.but I might go back to the old days and paint the entire thing by hand .

"What d you mean "Old Days" ! I'd have you know....."  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 04, 2023, 05:49:00 AM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on May 03, 2023, 11:48:39 PM.but I might go back to the old days and paint the entire thing by hand .

You tell 'em Chris, we 'vintage modellers' do such things PROPERLY!  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Gondor

Received today

1 x 1/72 Special Hobby SH72463 Gloster Meteor Mk.8/9 'Middle East Meteors'. The decals will go onto the new Airfix Mk.9 and Mk8's while the kit will become a Japanese FR.9

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Wardukw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 04, 2023, 06:06:20 AM

You tell 'em Chris, we 'vintage modellers' do such things PROPERLY!  ;D
Hahaha ..well not in anyway referencing any alder statesmen of this channel  ;D
I was referring to before I got my first airbrush..as Dizzy beautifully put ..analogue painting  ;D
Fact is I've gotta get my hand back into it..I am losing the touch for sure.

McColm

Just won the 1/72 Hasegawa Shinmeiwa PS-1 or SS-1/US-1A amphibious flying boat not a Holly Grail kit but you don't see that of the older models for sale at bargain prices. I might change the propellers for 5 or7 blades.
The US-2 has six blades and a new paint scheme.

DogfighterZen

Quote from: DogfighterZen on April 27, 2023, 04:04:52 PMFound one of my holy grail kits today on ebay, from an Italian seller. It had buy it now option but no postage option for Portugal so, i contacted the seller and he offered tracked postage so i bought a Valom 1/72 Blackburn Firebrand TF Mk.II.  :thumbsup:

Arrived today!  :wub:

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Old Wombat

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on May 04, 2023, 08:16:34 AMAnalogue model building.  ;)

I don't want to be contrary, Dizzy, but I think it's the absolute definition of digital modelling - modelling (& painting) with digits! ;D  ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est