My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

The Wooksta!

Quote from: DogfighterZen on May 04, 2023, 03:43:46 PM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on April 27, 2023, 04:04:52 PMFound one of my holy grail kits today on ebay, from an Italian seller. It had buy it now option but no postage option for Portugal so, i contacted the seller and he offered tracked postage so i bought a Valom 1/72 Blackburn Firebrand TF Mk.II.  :thumbsup:

Arrived today!  :wub:

I was looking at mine a few days back and I've a strong feeling the scale is out, just seems too big.  I have the Magna mk I and it's half the size.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

A lovely box from Germany containing four tubes of my fave Presto putty.  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Thomas, you're a GREAT bloke, thanks so much for helping me on my hour of need.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Spey_Phantom

awaiting the arrival of:

-Zvezda 1/144 Henschell Hs126 (from amazon, bought as extra to get free shipping with another order)
-Armory 1/144 Messerschmitt Bf109A/B
-Armory 1/144 Messerschmitt Bf109e "Swiss Air Force"
-2 x Roden 1/144 AC-47 Gunships
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Gondor

Received the following in the post today from a gentleman on Britmodeller.... Pictures to follow later

1 x Airfix B6 fuselage + interior

1 pair B6 starter/IGV

1 x vac-form nose transparency

2 x FROG PR fuselages + 1 PR7 interior + 1 PR3 (B6) interior

2 x pair FROG Intake lips + 1 pair B6 starter/IGV + 1 pair B2/PR3 starter/IGV

2 x vac-form canopies + 2 x nose transparencies

(3 x pair nose wheels + 3 x pair mudguards)

Gondor

Later......

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

I saw those on Facebook a few weeks back.  May well get one or two of those at a later date for use on the Frog B.8.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

kitbasher

Quote from: Gondor on May 05, 2023, 06:46:05 AMReceived the following in the post today from a gentleman on Britmodeller.... Pictures to follow later

1 x Airfix B6 fuselage + interior

1 pair B6 starter/IGV

1 x vac-form nose transparency

2 x FROG PR fuselages + 1 PR7 interior + 1 PR3 (B6) interior

2 x pair FROG Intake lips + 1 pair B6 starter/IGV + 1 pair B2/PR3 starter/IGV

2 x vac-form canopies + 2 x nose transparencies

(3 x pair nose wheels + 3 x pair mudguards)

Gondor

Later......

Gondor

whereabouts on Britmodeller?
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Gondor

Quote from: kitbasher on May 05, 2023, 09:35:45 AMwhereabouts on Britmodeller?

I was chatting with one of the builders of a PR Canberra in a thread he had created. He had aired the possibility of makeing the odd one or two if asked nicely. So I asked. The results you can see. Resin printed so no ridges to sand down, just need to remove the support struts, probably no harm in giving the parts a wash and then fit the bits. They look very nice indeed, especially the mudguards for the front wheels  :o

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

Some decals arrived from Spain today, from Series Espanola.  Not cheap but their Buchon sheet gives more options than I'd thought.  I also got a sheet of Spanish roundels and there are some that are small enough to be used as kill markings.  Hmmn, which Hunter units were based there in the 60s?

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

killnoizer

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 05, 2023, 04:02:24 AMA lovely box from Germany containing four tubes of my fave Presto putty.  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Thomas, you're a GREAT bloke, thanks so much for helping me on my hour of need.  :thumbsup:

What kind of putty is it ? I am interested in knowing about good stuff, my Tamya is okay , but seems a bit old I think .

I found this one :

https://www.nonpaints.com/de/presto-1k-nitro-zellulose-kombi-glattspachtel-tube-100-gramm
It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

DogfighterZen

Quote from: The Wooksta! on May 05, 2023, 02:05:12 AM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on May 04, 2023, 03:43:46 PM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on April 27, 2023, 04:04:52 PMFound one of my holy grail kits today on ebay, from an Italian seller. It had buy it now option but no postage option for Portugal so, i contacted the seller and he offered tracked postage so i bought a Valom 1/72 Blackburn Firebrand TF Mk.II.  :thumbsup:

Arrived today!  :wub:

I was looking at mine a few days back and I've a strong feeling the scale is out, just seems too big.  I have the Magna mk I and it's half the size.

Well, in a way, that is a bit disappointing but i'm not really worried about it, i guess it makes it even more of a whiff...  :mellow:

Ordered more decals from Superhobby:
1X ModelMaker decals 1/48 PoAF F-16 15136 "20 years of F-16 service" 2014 commemorative tail art
1X Techmod 1/48 Propeller logos and stencils
1X Techmod 1/72 yellow lines
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 05, 2023, 04:02:24 AMA lovely box from Germany containing four tubes of my fave Presto putty.  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Glad to help in this severe case!  :cheers:

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: killnoizer on May 05, 2023, 05:38:40 PM

What kind of putty is it ? I am interested in knowing about good stuff, my Tamya is okay , but seems a bit old I think .

It's a nitrous compound for car bodies. My personal go-to putty for IP and resin kits, as it bonds well with the surface and is quite solid when dry (harder than Revell's horrible Plasto).
The 100 g tubes are hard to get these days, 400 g tins are standard but not practical for model building. You can check a local ATU store, they can have it (or maybe order it), and maybe a BAUHAUS DIY store carries them in the cdar stuff department, too. Ev!lbay is also an option, postage within Germany is acceptable. Ordering from UK (in Kit's case) was/is prohibitively expensive, so I helped out.

kitbasher

Quote from: Gondor on May 05, 2023, 10:27:02 AM
Quote from: kitbasher on May 05, 2023, 09:35:45 AMwhereabouts on Britmodeller?

I was chatting with one of the builders of a PR Canberra in a thread he had created. He had aired the possibility of makeing the odd one or two if asked nicely. So I asked. The results you can see. Resin printed so no ridges to sand down, just need to remove the support struts, probably no harm in giving the parts a wash and then fit the bits. They look very nice indeed, especially the mudguards for the front wheels  :o

Gondor

Cheers, Gondor.  The parts look great, happy building  :thumbsup:
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

Quote from: killnoizer on May 05, 2023, 05:38:40 PMWhat kind of putty is it ? I am interested in knowing about good stuff, my Tamya is okay , but seems a bit old I think .

What Thomas said, he and I being the only people on here who use it mind you, but it's still the best putty that I've found.

I bought my first tube of it when I was in Berlin in the 90s, from a wonderful model shop nr. Templehof, and have used it ever since. This is the second time that Thomas has come to my rescue when trying to buy some, but in the interim a large automotive wholesale company sold it in the UK, but of course Brexit put a stop to that.  :banghead:  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit