My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

A care package finally arrived from Special Hobby today: :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Kits (all 1/72nd):

Azur Dassault MD-311 Flamant. To be robbed of it's SS-11 ATGWs and then passed on to Gondor.

SH Gloster Meteor NF. Mk.14. Makes my long-standing 'three Meteors' idea doable without resort to the old and nasty Matchbox kit.

TWO SH Dornier D0 27 'Simple Sets' (i.e. bagged with no decals). Always loved this plane, already got two (SH & Huma) and for EUR 7.56 each... :wub:

CMK set of two resin rowing boats. For a 1930s pirate idea.

Canopy masks (all 1/72nd):

2 x SF-260
1 x Meteor NF Mk.14
2 x Meteor Mk. 8/9
2 x Do.27
2 x Vautour IIB

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on May 06, 2023, 03:29:49 AMSH Gloster Meteor NF. Mk.14. Makes my long-standing 'three Meteors' idea doable without resort to the old and nasty Matchbox kit.

A superb kit.  :thumbsup:

Could do with longer wings maybe..................  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Ordered & on their way come Monday:

1 x RS Models 1/72 Czechoslovak Aero Ab-101 Bomber (RS-94010) - for my "The Czechs are Coming" collection.
1 x RS Models 1/72 Czech Praga E-241 (RS-92073) - for my "The Czechs are Coming" collection.
1 x RS Models 1/72 Czech/Slovak Praga E-39 Trainer (RS-92061) - for my "The Czechs are Coming" collection.
3 x DEF Model 1/35 British MWMIK 6X6 Coyote Extra Sagged Wheel set for HobbyBoss kits (DEF-DW35131) - I have a number of Coyote & Jackal kits for these to improve (Hate those vinyl tyres!).
2 x DEF Model 1/35 US Stryker Sagged Wheels #2 Michelin XZL 12.00 R20 Tyres ver. for AFV Club/Trumpeter kits (DEF-DW35156) - I have a stupid number of Stryker kits & resin wheels are the only way to go.
1 x DEF Model 1/35 US Stryker Sagged Wheels #1 Michelin XML 12.00 R20 Tyres ver. for AFV Club/Trumpeter kits (DEF-DW35155) - I have a stupid number of Stryker kits & resin wheels are the only way to go.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 06, 2023, 03:33:12 AM
Quote from: Weaver on May 06, 2023, 03:29:49 AMSH Gloster Meteor NF. Mk.14. Makes my long-standing 'three Meteors' idea doable without resort to the old and nasty Matchbox kit.

A superb kit.  :thumbsup:

Could do with longer wings maybe..................  ;)

Been done... ;)

The idea behind this is three 'advanced' Meteor prototypes (jet fighter-bomber, night fighter and turboprop attack), of varying credibility, in company demonstrator colours & loadout, which Gloster are desperately trying to flog at Farnborogh in the early 1950s having lost the RAF night-fighter contract to the DH.110. The 'Advanced Night Fighter' will have a rocket booster and various dummy missiles (some of them non-existent and none of them integrated...).
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 06, 2023, 03:35:07 AMOrdered & on their way come Monday:

1 x RS Models 1/72 Czechoslovak Aero Ab-101 Bomber (RS-94010) - for my "The Czechs are Coming" collection.
1 x RS Models 1/72 Czech Praga E-241 (RS-92073) - for my "The Czechs are Coming" collection.
1 x RS Models 1/72 Czech/Slovak Praga E-39 Trainer (RS-92061) - for my "The Czechs are Coming" collection.
3 x DEF Model 1/35 British MWMIK 6X6 Coyote Extra Sagged Wheel set for HobbyBoss kits (DEF-DW35131) - I have a number of Coyote & Jackal kits for these to improve (Hate those vinyl tyres!).
2 x DEF Model 1/35 US Stryker Sagged Wheels #2 Michelin XZL 12.00 R20 Tyres ver. for AFV Club/Trumpeter kits (DEF-DW35156) - I have a stupid number of Stryker kits & resin wheels are the only way to go.
1 x DEF Model 1/35 US Stryker Sagged Wheels #1 Michelin XML 12.00 R20 Tyres ver. for AFV Club/Trumpeter kits (DEF-DW35155) - I have a stupid number of Stryker kits & resin wheels are the only way to go.

Does that mean the Czechs are in the post?  ;D

I'll get my flying jacket....

- Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on May 06, 2023, 03:45:08 AMDoes that mean the Czechs are in the post?  ;D

The Book awaits.................  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 06, 2023, 04:28:36 AM
Quote from: Weaver on May 06, 2023, 03:45:08 AMDoes that mean the Czechs are in the post?  ;D

The Book awaits.................  ;D

I rather like that! ;D  ;D

And the answer is (or will be come Monday); "Yes!" ;D  ;D  :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

The Wooksta!

Picked up from Uncle Frank:
2 x Kora Bf 109G-12 two seat conversions. Really nice castings, one of which comes with decals for three Yugoslav aircraft.
A Revell He 70F.  Wish I'd seen it last week, as I would have bought that rather than the ICM kit as the former has instructions so bad that they are more use as bog paper.  Still, another one to use those nice Spanish markings on.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Weaver

Quote from: The Wooksta! on May 06, 2023, 05:42:46 AMPicked up from Uncle Frank:
2 x Kora Bf 109G-12 two seat conversions. Really nice castings, one of which comes with decals for three Yugoslav aircraft.
A Revell He 70F.  Wish I'd seen it last week, as I would have bought that rather than the ICM kit as the former has instructions so bad that they are more use as bog paper.  Still, another one to use those nice Spanish markings on.

Is it the ex-Matchbox one? if so, nice spare engine in it too.

- Indiana Jones

The Wooksta!

No, the ICM kit. I snagged a pair of Revell boxed Matchbox ones on eBay for a relative pittance, largely for the decals.  They arrived yesterday.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Large box from the Big yellow H arrived today

1 x 1/72 Pavla Models S 72092 MB. Mk.2G for Swift F.2,4,FR.5 Because I robbed a bit of the ejector seat form one kit for the Saudi Swift.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Nick

I'm back home from my trip to Scotland and northeast England. Unpacked my bags, loaded the washing machine etc.

In Perth I picked up the Trumpeter 1/144 F-22 Raptor. I have RAF roundels that should fit.

Along the way I picked up some books of interest:

Sea Witch - three short stories by Stephen Coonts.
Most Secret War by RV Jones - Rheged knows who this is!
The Lion is Rampant - 1980s Scotland goes independent, signs up with the USSR for support and pro-West military shenanigans ensue.

DogfighterZen

Well, i'm here to admit my guilt... i've been a bad boy recently... more like, today... :wacko:
On order from Warkit online store is a Tamiya 1/48 F-35A... and from Superhobby, a Trumpeter 1/48 J-10C Vigorous Dragon.
I already know what i want for these two, the F-35 is another one for my whiff PoAF fleet and the J-10... for now i'll just say it will NOT be PoAF... ;)
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Gondor

Quote from: Nick on May 07, 2023, 07:44:33 AMI'm back home from my trip to Scotland and northeast England. Unpacked my bags, loaded the washing machine etc.

In Perth I picked up the Trumpeter 1/144 F-22 Raptor. I have RAF roundels that should fit.

The Lion is Rampant - 1980s Scotland goes independent, signs up with the USSR for support and pro-West military shenanigans ensue.

Didn't you get a 1/144 F-111 as well?

The R.V. Jones book is fascinating, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Rheged

Quote from: Nick on May 07, 2023, 07:44:33 AMI'm back home from my trip to Scotland and northeast England. Unpacked my bags, loaded the washing machine etc.

I do indeed! He was my  girlfriend's  head of department when she was an undergraduate and later a postgrad researcher at Aberdeen University.  I even met him; he was introduced to me as Prof Jones, and I to him as Miss Mc Allister's young man.( and I've been married to her for 36 and a bit years!)
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet