My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcf

What I've long found odd about the Matchbox He 70 is that they moulded the kit with separate inserts for the cockpit area yet they didn't offset the civil version's canopy and fairing.
:o

Dizzyfugu

An ICM 1:72 Ki-10 biplane fighter. Will, thanks to its characteristic BMW engine, become an interwar fighter from somewhere in Continental Europe - current favorite is Switzerland!  :mellow:

Gondor

Just arrived from eBay

1 x 1/72 NOVO 78090 Canberra-Low Level Bomber. To become a PR.machine, either the PR.3 or the PR.7.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

DogfighterZen

My wife just got home and brought me another package i was waiting for from Superhobby, this one brought some consumables:
3X Tamiya X-22 gloss 23ml
2X      "      X-35 semi-gloss 10ml

Still waiting for a couple of orders from the same store, one of them contains:
1x Techmod 1/72 Yellow lines decals
1x        "        1/48 Propeller logos and stencils
1x Model Maker 1/48 20 years of PoAF F-16 service

The other order is for:
1x Trumpeter 1/48 J-10C

Also, on it's way here from The48ers in Cyprus:
1x Bam models 1/48 CFTs for the Meng Super Hornet kit
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

killnoizer

Got a old Matchbox kit , seems a very old design, maybe a old FROG or something ? 

Just some big glas pieces and wings ,  and decals . 

You cannot view this attachment.

It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

Wardukw

Quote from: DogfighterZen on May 10, 2023, 04:52:08 AMDang, i'm a happy boy... :mellow:

( insert many swear words here on Doggie dude having one of those F-35 kits)
😄😄
Dude I watched a YouTube video on building of that kit..wow!
Oh your gonna have fun with the decals...there's many many many of em  :wacko:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

Quote from: killnoizer on May 10, 2023, 01:10:15 PMGot a old Matchbox kit , seems a very old design, maybe a old FROG or something ? 

Hmmm, I'm not sure that M'box ever did a Do-17 of their own, and Scalemates has the history of the kit all round their neck! :(

Back in the 60s-70s the Monigram Do-27 was THE one to have, much better moulded than the FROG or the Airfix one, but oddly all of their wings would fit all of their fuselages!

The Monogram kit was later sold as a Revell one, who may have boxed it under the M'box label as they bought the whole range.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Quote from: killnoizer on May 10, 2023, 01:10:15 PMGot a old Matchbox kit , seems a very old design, maybe a old FROG or something ? 

Pretty sure it's the Frog kit - Revell bought the tooling when Frog went east and periodically reboxed it. I'd have to see the sprues to be sure, as Revell also reboxed the old Monogram kit.
IIRC, the Frog kit dates from about 1970.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

killnoizer

And so it looks !! 
But at my level of modelling I do not care so much about the correct rivets ...
It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

Wardukw

In the mail today was a lovely little package which contains this
A Ustar hobby saw with five blades and apart from the fact I only brought the thing a week ago and it's here already the blades will also fit my CMK saw handle  ;D  :thumbsup:
If you guys want a cheap hand saw which isn't cheap crap this is well worth looking at.
The saw come with super fine..rough ...curved ..straight cut and one with 3 deep curved cutting faces..all are 0.2mm thick.
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

The Rat

Stopped at Broughdale Hobby in London (the Canadian one) and picked up a Matchbox Dassault Mirage III. It may get the EE Lightning treatment:

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on May 10, 2023, 02:15:48 PM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on May 10, 2023, 04:52:08 AMDang, i'm a happy boy... :mellow:

😄😄

;D Well, it's been on my want list ever since it was announced and i may have also called some other modellers an alternative word referring to male goats, which may not mean the same to you guys as it means to Portuguese people... :wacko:
Yes, i do like F-35s and the C with the big wings and stabs is the one i think looks best, although i have more kits if the A.
I've the Kittyhawk 1/48 F-35C and the 1/72 Orange hobby kit, too. For the F-35A, i have 1x Tamiya 1/48, the 1/72 bunch is 2x Hasegawa, one Academy and one Italeri. Also have the Hasegawa 1/72 F-35B and the Tamiya rebox of the old 1/72 Italeri X-35JSF of the VSTOL prototype. I've only built a 1/72 Italeri kit as i wanted to start at the cheapest/worst kit of the bunch. Now, i think i'll take a look at the Italeri 1/72 F-35C kit when it comes out to see if it's worth it, to complete the Fat Amy collection. :mellow:

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on May 10, 2023, 04:40:57 PMIn the mail today was a lovely little package which contains this
A Ustar hobby saw with five blades and apart from the fact I only brought the thing a week ago and it's here already the blades will also fit my CMK saw handle  ;D  :thumbsup:
If you guys want a cheap hand saw which isn't cheap crap this is well worth looking at.
The saw come with super fine..rough ...curved ..straight cut and one with 3 deep curved cutting faces..all are 0.2mm thick.

Almost bought that saw a couple of months ago, they look real good.  :thumbsup: Also need to get some good sprue cutters, BTW... :rolleyes:

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on May 10, 2023, 02:48:34 PM

Pretty sure it's the Frog kit - Revell bought the tooling when Frog went east and periodically reboxed it. I'd have to see the sprues to be sure, as Revell also reboxed the old Monogram kit.
IIRC, the Frog kit dates from about 1970.

According to scalemates it is as you said Lee
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Wardukw

Quote from: DogfighterZen on May 10, 2023, 06:04:47 PM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on May 10, 2023, 02:15:48 PM

😄😄

;D Well, it's been on my want list ever since it was announced and i may have also called some other modellers an alternative word referring to male goats, which may not mean the same to you guys as it means to Portuguese people... :wacko:
Yes, i do like F-35s and the C with the big wings and stabs is the one i think looks best, although i have more kits if the A.
I've the Kittyhawk 1/48 F-35C and the 1/72 Orange hobby kit, too. For the F-35A, i have 1x Tamiya 1/48, the 1/72 bunch is 2x Hasegawa, one Academy and one Italeri. Also have the Hasegawa 1/72 F-35B and the Tamiya rebox of the old 1/72 Italeri X-35JSF of the VSTOL prototype. I've only built a 1/72 Italeri kit as i wanted to start at the cheapest/worst kit of the bunch. Now, i think i'll take a look at the Italeri 1/72 F-35C kit when it comes out to see if it's worth it, to complete the Fat Amy collection. :mellow:

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on May 10, 2023, 04:40:57 PMIn the mail today was a lovely little package which contains this

Almost bought that saw a couple of months ago, they look real good.  :thumbsup: Also need to get some good sprue cutters, BTW... :rolleyes:
Mate even tho I'm not really a fan of ultra modern jet figthers but when I saw the Tamiya F-35 I wanted one ..then I did some price hunting and bugger me sideways and call me Sally ...the Kittyhawk one is seriously ouch but the Tamiya one will give you a heart attack with a price over $170nz ..will one of those enter my stash ?? Probably not in this life time unless I put it on lay by ..which is my only real choice and even tho the Tamiya one it the most expensive I haven't heard great things about the Kittyhawk kit ..lots of fit issues.

Doggy mate get that saw ..it's freaking cheap and I've already used quite a few times today..it's bloody good bud and as for sprue cutters ..Tamiyas is the best I've ever had not cheap here at $60+ but man it's worth it..these are bloody brilliant for super clean cuts .
I'll bet tho out your way there's other brands just as good to choose from .